• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Should I buy it?

Rachel Ray

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
I've been considering buying it on Black Friday but is it fun even if you can't have online multiplayer? My friends and I live quite a bit apart so always visiting is a pain. Is it still fun single player?

I've been considering buying it on Black Friday but is it fun even if you can't have online multiplayer? My friends and I live quite a bit apart so always visiting is a pain. Is it still fun single player?

Lack of Online Multiplayer IS an oversight, I agree with that.
But I have been having fun playing in single player.
Of course this game gets better with more people, that's just how board games go.
But it's a pretty good game in my opinion.

The board game really feels like going through a month of mainline Animal Crossing only in a board game setup.
It plays much like The Game of Life with an Animal Crossing twist.
And yes there are turnips that are JUST as chancey as the turnips in the main games.
The turnips add a lot of strategy to the gameplay (but they can also screw you! be careful!).

It has random visitors, real-time backgrounds, weather changes, & town building just like the mainline games.
Like today November 25th is a Full Moon & if you play that day in its night format, you will see a Full Moon on November 25th.

Lots of hate towards this game is not really based on the game itself but rather the attention-seeking drama queen tendencies of gamers & "game journalists".
They're mad because Zelda got pushed back along with StarFox Zero & this is just more of that stupid saltiness from E3 2015.
It's cool to hate Nintendo right now so people are doing it.

amiibo Festival won't tilt the Earth on its axis but it's a very fun game that captures the Animal Crossing spirit.
I suggest you try it out.
John Lucas

I've only really played multiplayer so far- so I think it's worth it for that definitely. As for single player, I can see how that kind of could make it feel like you're only playing half the game. Because it's fun seeing what happens to the other people, (and hilarious when they lose thousands because of turnips) for example if you don't land on a special event/character space you can watch what happens to other's. However, the island mini game is really fun and it's only 1 player, so there's that.

I'd say it's 50/50, maybe you can watch some play throughs online to get a better idea. But if you haven't bought HHD yet I suggest buying that before this c:

Back