• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Some random bunny is coming

My phone says that it cannot be found when I tried joining. :/

Last edited:
The hotspot trick still works fine except that since the changes last year, it has to be an open network with no security. But no specific IP or MAC is necessary.

One thing that gives a lot of people problems -- if you have your home wifi turned on, a 3ds will refuse to connect to the fake hotspot and will stay on your regular connection instead. You have to turn it off or block it in the 3ds system settings.

It used to be much easier, but it still works fine (although -- McDonald's changed their wifi, it's not attwifi anymore. so if they get an exclusive you need the correct SSID, I don't remember it though. Used it for the Hoopa distro yesterday.)

Yeh... It's not like that here... in Game Store UK at least, you can't just hotspot their SSID.
But you can with Mcdonalds still which is weird.
I think it's something like NZ@McD1 or something like that, but I think there is 3 of them here. _The Cloud still works for me or at least it did a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
My phone says that it cannot be found when I tried joining. :/

ah me too, my hotspot didn't work i even youtubed and looked up what could possibly be wrong and none of them helped. i just ended up changing my router's instead and it worked for me.

if it's any help, i got hoopa using "McDonalds Free WiFi" as ssid but attwifi with claude

Thanks, but I give up lol. i figured out how to change the name of the ssid on my phone, but i can't get rid of the password; i don't want to mess too much more with my personal settings. ><

Last edited:
I connected my ds to my phone's hotspot, but i can't get the dlc. do i have to be at a nintendo zone or can i do this from home?

I connected my ds to my phone's hotspot, but i can't get the dlc. do i have to be at a nintendo zone or can i do this from home?

You need to change your phones name to the Nintendo Zone SSID in your area/country...

ohh. i guess i'll have to figure out what the best buy wifi is. >.> stupid nintendo zones only being available at best buy and airports >.>

Oh man I can't wait for the Nintendo/Gamecube items! They look so cool. I wonder if they'll add these DLC items to NL? I'm glad that they're bring back old villagers who didn't make it to New Leaf.

Does anyone know when Claude is coming? (I live in the US)
I love Claude, I have him in my current GC town for 3 years now.

he's already out, apparently he's in nintendo zone right now though.

Yep he's out. I got him and I live in the US. You need to use the attwifi trick to get him.

Will this work at McDonalds nintendo zone? I literally have a nintendo zone within walking distance.... BUT it's Mcdonalds.

So in the US he's only accessible through a Nintendo Zone but in Europe you can get him from your home wi-fi (that's how I got him, by the way)?
Any idea why that may be?

So in the US he's only accessible through a Nintendo Zone but in Europe you can get him from your home wi-fi (that's how I got him, by the way)?
Any idea why that may be?
they probably have an exclusive deal with nintendo zone locations/mdonalds or so in america..
its been the same situation with louie and felyne too, he'll be in US spotpass in a week or so i guess..

Last edited:
Dumb question, but what is a disk writer? Right now, I'm designing Claude's house, and I realized that I don't know what that item actually is, thus, I don't know how to use that item when designing someone's house.

You can make your own with your phone~ just create a hot spot network, name it attwifi and don't put a password on it. When you want to download NinZone stuff, just turn it on and use that to connect :D I don't know where I'd go if I didn't use this method, as I don't think my state has any either...

Cool, thanks! I'll try that out. =)

Back