amiibo Festival After playing a few hours:

Nebuladark

AC Veteran
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
0857-4415-9982
This game is awesome and doesn't deserve the negative credit it has on these reviews I got all amiibo's and I plan to play this game till the next AC comes out maybe even longer :D

Last edited:
I like it better than AC HHD, a real sequel to New Leaf either on the 3ds or wii u would definitely top it though to me. It's a nice diversion from the main game, got me to buy the amiibo's faster than normally, and ordered some more cards so I could see some more villagers in town besides Stiches, Goldie and Rosie.

I like this game too. I don't understand why people think this game is more boring than Mario Party 10. That game almost bored my friend and I to death!

This game is awesome and doesn't deserve the negative credit it has on these reviews I got all amiibo's and I plan to play this game till the next AC comes out maybe even longer :D

Nebuladark, you have just observed first hand why the Professional Reviewer is not the Holy Grail on what is good & what is not.
Metacritic does not matter either in professional scores OR user scores.
The ONLY critic that matters is YOU.

This game plays like Animal Crossing in a board game format.
The ONLY complaint I would accept is that there should have been some online play component since Animal Crossing has always been a game that encourages players' towns to interact.

This game is for Animal Crossing fans who REALLY enjoy the little details in the series.
I'm about to play it once again after just putting it down.
It's very relaxing & easygoing just like the mainline games.
It's great that Nintendo is branching the Animal Crossing series out like this.
It shows that they trust Animal Crossing to be one of their keystone titles like Mario & Zelda.

I only read reviews AFTER I play a game to see if they align with MY opinion.
Don't let ANYBODY do your thinking FOR you.
See it for yourself & make up your mind.

And yes, rest assured that both Happy Home Designer & amiibo Festival have aspects that will be used in the upcoming mainline Wii U Animal Crossing game.
John Lucas

Last edited:
I like the game a lot, not saying it's ground breaking or anything, but it's really cute and it's charming. But of course there's gonna be the people that call it boring just like how people can easily call ACNL boring. It's definitely better than any Mario board game, in my opinion.

I like it too but the more I play, the more boring it gets. I think the price is okay considering you get two Amiibos and they're exclusive to the game (at least for now?).

I love it! It is just so cute! I love all the little details in the animations and with them walking and rolling the dice and stuff :)

I love playing it by myself and watching the villager as I pass them by. Nice seeing my regulars playing with new villagers.
The biggest bonus was the figures work in HHD. Wished Nintendo would have released that information when HHD came out.

The only thing I have a problem is switching the cards in some of the bonus games. My right hand has some numbness and it's hard to switch back and forth. Wish once the cards were picked you could use the controller to pick player. Top, left and right for the acorn game would be better. Once I loaded the cards to the board game I went in my stash and pulled out their doubles. No mixing up HHD cards with the board game cards.

Back