Zipper Sakura
Spring Sakura
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tykt1XV.png

Hey everyone! We've got a few small things to share with today's Bell Tree Direct! Check it all out below:

Animal Crossing amiibo Card Trading

rJYnqkG.png

The long requested board for trading Animal Crossing amiibo cards on TBT is finally here with the Animal Crossing amiibo Card Post Office! Trade amiibo cards with your fellow TBTers in one easy to use location on the forums. There are region prefixes as well to make it easier finding threads for your area.

We're focused on card-for-card trades in this board, with TBT bell trades prohibited and real-world money discouraged. Essentially, we won't stop you from doing real-world money trades in PM, but you can't advertise them in your thread. We don't want a board where it feels like going into eBay listings with a list of prices in threads, you should just go to eBay itself for that instead.

Keep in mind that taking part of this sort of activity is strictly at your own risk. When real items and mail are involved, there's really not much we can do. In the vast majority of cases where any problems arise, it will simply come down to 'he said, she said' where we can't promise anything will be done, and we certainly can't get your items back. So be smart about your trades, and don't trade with anyone who you deem as suspicious.

For the complete details on how everything in the board works, check out Murray's Amiibo Card Post Office Rules & Information thread. If you have an existing thread in the Happy Home Designer board, we'll move it soon if it's been posted in recently. Otherwise, you may want to report it to let us know.

Universal Trade Bumping Rules

speed-bump.jpg

Over the years, there have been various bumping rules mentioned in the trading boards including Re-Tail and Villager Trading Plaza, but with little consistency and often buried in a lengthy thread unseen. These flimsy rules were rarely enforced on any kind of consistent basis either. We're fixing that today with a new universal bumping rule for all trade boards included in The Bell Tree Rules & Guidelines.

It's really simple: Just don't bump your thread anymore often than every 4 hours in all boards, except for the new Animal Crossing amiibo Card Post Office which is every 8 hours. That's it! See someone consistently ignoring the rule? Report it.

Remember: This new rule applies specifically to the trading boards listed, not a specific rule for the entire forum.

qcQvKnk.png

The complete new section of the rules can be found below:

Trade Board Bumping
We enforce specific bumping rules for threads inside trade boards to keep them clean and fair. Bumping in this context is posting in a thread when it falls far down the board index to bring it back to the top for increased visibility.

• You may bump your threads at a maximum limit of once every 4 hours.
  • This applies to the following trade boards:
    • Re-Tail
    • Villager Trading Plaza
    • TBT Marketplace
    • Museum Shop
    • Animal Crossing amiibo Card Post Office (8 hours)
  • In the Animal Crossing amiibo Card Post Office board, the limit is 8 hours instead of 4 hours due to the unique nature of the board.
  • If you continually exceed the bump limit, you may receive a warning, infraction, or suspension. Please report instances where a user is consistently exceeding the limit.

MMMM... TASTY CAKE!

The great cake collectible shortage that's been hitting TBT since May is finally coming to an end...

tasty-cake.png

Say hello to the new and improved Tasty Cake created by Thunder, and say goodbye to that old stale thing we called a cake before. You can pick one up yourself in the Shop now for just 29 Bells.

Happen to own one of the previous cakes? You can now bask in the glory of knowing you own a super exclusive rare collectible sold only 4540 times! The Tasty Cake has now permanently replaced it in the Shop.

The Chocolate Cake has received a small update to match the Tasty Cake's new cleaner background as well:

chocolate-cake.png

Open Your Wallets

attachment.php

By popular demand, we're bringing back a limited restock of the Create a Group forum add-on. Three are now available for purchase in the Shop at the low price of just 42,000 Bells when the Shop refreshes with items at 5:30PM Pacific Time. (approximately 15 minutes after this post) Yeah, we just added an extra zero on the end.

WHY SO MUCH JUSTIN, you may ask? Groups have always been intended to be a very expensive item, which requires fundraising with other folks who want a similar group to you. The idea behind this is to hopefully encourage quality, active groups instead of joke or inactive groups created on a whim by a single user.

Back when the feature launched back in 2011, 4200 Bells was a lot at the time, but as you all know that is no longer the case. Hence, the drastic price increase. This acts as an experiment to use as well to see what will happen when pricing an item at such a high price. We'll be watching closely.

Shop Restock

It wouldn't be a Bell Tree Direct without a healthy collectible restock too, now would it? We've got some chocolate cake to go with your new Tasty Cake, as well as a few Toy Hammers and fruit. Grab a few yourself when the Shop refreshes with items at 5:30PM Pacific Time. (approximately 15 minutes after this post) We'll have a second restock as well in the next few days at a more EU-friendly time.

Thanks for reading! That's everything we have for today's update. As always, it might take a few minutes to see some of these changes show up around the forum as we put the hamsters to work. Just be patient!

Goodness the groups! Thank you so much for them!!! Hopefully we can get our act together in time for one of them..

edit: jk I think we may be good? So exciting!!

Last edited:
42,000 bells LOL
i love the new regular cake omg

I need one more cake yay

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm gonna GET ONE CHOCOLATE CAKE I NEED THIS

- - - Post Merge - - -

I brought 4 and saved one space for a chocolate cake

42k, vacuum & money, very nicely made
i love the new cake too, great job thunder!

OMG WAT

I GOTTA GET READY, I'M GOING TO FIGHT FOR THOSE CAKES.

ALSO WISH I DIDN'T DONATE MY CAKE NOW BUT OH WELL.

YAYAYAYAYA NEW DIRECT!! Also there's a restock happening 5 minutes from now! E.E

STUPID IPAD LAGGED SO HARD

I HAD FIVE CHOCOLATE CAKES IN MY CART BUT IT LAGGED OMFG

Last edited:
That is one tasty cake, and wow 42000 bells haha. Someone has already bought one.

Awe. I had a chocolate cake in my cart but it didn't go through. Oh well. I'll wait for the next one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back