• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival How do you get villagers to move in your town exactly ?

Boccages

Cherry 🍒
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0347-4629-2695
Silver Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
So I've read strategies were people would use amiibo cards to their advantage and influence what the die roll will be. They said to use the villager hosting the board game that lives in the town to do so (or something like it). But how exactly can you get animals to move into town and can you influence who's moving in ?

Buy some amiibo cards.

Just go to the town editing tool on the bottom right corner of the gamepad, once you are on the board game gate.
There, you can move in villagers from the amiibo cards.

Not sure if I specified that in my guide, but yea go get a pack of cards, and it will all make sence soon.

Last edited:
I already have serie 1 completed. Waiting for January 22nd to start collecting serie 2.

Well go ahead and try the town customization option on the board game.

I'm sure you'll figure the rest out. It's as easy as tapping the villager amiibo card you want to the game pad, and they will move in right away.

Hope this helps!

I can move villagers into the amiibo Plaza, but in the board game ? Can we move villagers in the board game ?

I can move villagers into the amiibo Plaza, but in the board game ? Can we move villagers in the board game ?

Hello i can help you. You select to go play the board game and befors you select start there is a icon on the bottom right corner. Select that to edit the board town.
You might need to unlock it first. I am not sure.

Thanks.

The board game is horribly boring though...

The board game gets better the more you play & the more villagers & public works projects you add.
The game reveals itself to you bit by bit. It doesn't show everything to you all at once.
Yes, the board paths change the more you add.
And the town tree grows just like in New Leaf.

John Lucas

You can take all the ones from HHD and put them into AF, that's a cool little feature. That's why I like having the cards, HHD, and AF, the little things make it mine.

Back