• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Can you prevent random move ins?

Twisterheart

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Tonight my friend came over, and we visited each others town. Now I'm kind of worried that someone from her void will move in. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

I worked so hard for the nine villagers I have, and if someone were to move in randomly I'd have to sacrifice one of my dream villagers in order to get them out. I'm so scared of this happening.

I think you just have to roll with the punches. Any time you visit with people or Streetpass with 9 villagers (and you have a campsite, of course), you risk someone moving in.

That's why, when you have less than ten villagers, you should always have anyone who is visiting clear their void prior to visiting them. And you should do the same. You won't always get a random move in, but it's possible.

Sorry if this is a silly question...But what do you guys mean by "clearing their void" prior to visiting them?

You visit a town with ten villagers. The void is an invisible queue with not adopted villagers moving into towns with under ten villagers. But with a full town there isn't any room and therefore the queue is canceled out.

Potentially another silly question... How can you get 10 villagers? I usually max out at 9 villagers.

By the campsite, inviting them from someone else's town, or from the void.

If I make a new character every day before starting up my main file, would I be able to tell if someone was going to move in? Like would a house plot show up?

That's a relief! How long would I have to do it though? Just a few days, or...? Usually how long after wifing can random move ins happen?

So after a couple days I should be fine?

If you got someone's voided trash then they're always gonna show up unless you adopt a villager within the same day you got the voided trash.

But ye, after at least 3 days of not seeing any plots you should be fine.

Last edited:
Honestly I had random move ins at first and managed to get them out with TT

whats so bad about a void move in? If you despise it that badly, then ask your trader to clear their void. Also, slow cycling is very easy if you want to make a villager move :]

whats so bad about a void move in? If you despise it that badly, then ask your trader to clear their void. Also, slow cycling is very easy if you want to make a villager move :]

Voided villagers that move in someone's town don't ask to move out no matter what until someone else has moved out, and Twisterheart said they have 9 dreamies they worked hard for and they'd have to sacrifice 1 in order to get rid of the voided. It's a really awful game mechanic.

Last edited:
Back