amiibo Festival Anyone else love this game?

Which controller? GamePad? Pro Controller? Wii Motion Plus? There's no problem with any of them but maybe Wii Motion Plus would be a little trickier for learning controls.

the game thingy but i explained to her its alot like the drawing pad for the regular wii so i am going to get one of my grades are good

Do you mind explaining what exactly she has against the gamepad? Personally it's been my favorite controller from all the recent consoles, especially with the games that let you switch the display, i'll often be playing my games while my parents are watching tv lol (And for a lot of games you don't actually need it)

Yup, I love it so much!!!
I like buying the PWPs for my board and playing mini games, especially the quiz show and island escape. :D
I don't play the board game as much but I still like to play it. :)

Last edited:
I've got to be honest, after playing the Japanese one, it has really, REALLY grown on me! Sure, I bought a Japanese Wii U in 2014 with the intention of a console AC game (although I did constantly remind people that yes, I had no Japanese Wii U games, it was bought solely on an assumption, so I HOPED it would get the next, but I knew I couldn't guarantee it, so if AF is the only game for it, then I'm content, because it's something) but, it's insanely fun, and I've already learned some new Japanese vocab I've never seen in any of my texts (so far) or any prior Animal Forest game, so I say hey, this game is actually a win-win for me! Others who criticize it can go back to New Leaf, I'll be happily playing BOTH New Leaf AND Amiibo Festival.

It took time to have it grow on me.

Was not into it at first, but now I understand the "vibe" of it. It's like playing CandyLand but in Animal Crossing!

It's cute!

But I don't have time to get everyone up to Level 6!

The game is fun if you have people to play with but i don't have many friends who like games so i play on my own most of the time. Which makes this game a waster of money for me.

This game is only fun when you play it with friends and make it extremely inappropriate (reading the diary entries wrong and instead saying dirty stuff, playing super hardcore music, making the game have dark undertones.)

I'm addicted. It has problems but I can live with them. I had actually never played an Animal Crossing game before, and this got me into the series and I've started playing other AC games now.

Funny thing with your comment about it being for the diehard fan is that diehard fans seem to hate it! This is so simplistic, tapping an amiibo to the pad, and tapping the pad (card selection) or "A" (to read the dialog), that it's really for those who don't know a thing about Animal Crossing. There's no furniture to collect and customize in your house. No house to pay off to Nook. No having to spend how many bells and days to upgrade shops again? The true Animal Crossing aspect has been stripped out of it, and only the characters and personalities were there with hints that diehard fans will pick up on, but there's no way as simplistic as this is compared to other games in the series was the boardgame aspect aimed at diehards. The true diehard aim would be the quiz show, although diehards of fish, bugs, fossils as well who know these things outside the game would also know them, the furniture, clothing, etc is aimed at prior fans of the series.

Back