Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
White Cosmos
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Happy Home Designer Token
I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this? I saw it was announced that tomorrow the collector album as well as the cards for series 2 would be released, however now my local retailers have told me the date is unknown, and all Nintendo has said was from what they could see, neither would be available tomorrow as they have no word on stock.

A bit frustrating, but just wondering if anyone knew anything as to when it might have been pushed back to in that case >.<

The album and cards haven't come up on the Nintendo store yet so I'm worried the date has been pushed back too... Unless they aren't doing preorders for them on their store.

Did they explicitly say the date in the last Direct?

https://twitter.com/nintendouk/status/656107775597150208

what annoys me is this is from nintendo uk, not some random person who may have made it up. but yet I rang Nintendo just to ask since game has the pre order up but no date for either, and they have no idea about it {which only makes me think it may be pushed back further now}. I don't see why Nintendo announces these things when they never have them ready in time

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll be going to my local game though tomorrow morning, since it said "in stores" I'm curious if they will even have the card packs available there

Yes, this has seemed odd to me as well. I would have expected lots of preorders weeks ago, but this isn't the case.

They're available to preorder on GAME's website, but it doesn't give a release date there unlike everything else on that website.
http://www.game.co.uk/en/animal-cro...geSize=40&searchTerm=amiibo+cards&catGroupId=
http://www.game.co.uk/en/animal-cro...geSize=40&searchTerm=amiibo+cards&catGroupId=

They're not on Nintendo's UK website at all, or on Amazon UK, or Argos, or ShopTo. I'd have expected these website to have had the cards up for preorder weeks ago.

They are listed on Smyths Toys website with an expected in stock date of 20th November, but that website isn't accepting preorders.
http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/...al-crossing-happy-home-designer-album-wave-2/
http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/...7/animal-crossing-amiibo-cards-pack-series-2/

They're also listed on the German Amazon.de website with a release date of 20th November.

Anyway, something definitely seems wrong and I'm expecting them to have been pushed back. What's annoying is that if they're delayed, then Nintendo hasn't said anything about it.

My tactic for tomorrow will be to check the various retail websites that sell amiibo in case they are released tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yes, this has seemed odd to me as well. I would have expected lots of preorders weeks ago, but this isn't the case.

They're available to preorder on GAME's website, but it doesn't give a release date there unlike everything else on that website.

They're not on Nintendo's UK website at all, or on Amazon UK, or Argos, or ShopTo. I'd have expected these website to have had the cards up for preorder weeks ago.

They are listed on Smyths Toys website with an expected in stock date of 20th November, but that website isn't accepting preorders.
http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/...al-crossing-happy-home-designer-album-wave-2/
http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/...7/animal-crossing-amiibo-cards-pack-series-2/

They're also listed on the German Amazon.de website with a release date of 20th November.

Anyway, something definitely seems wrong and I'm expecting them to have been pushed back. What's annoying is that if they're delayed, then Nintendo hasn't said anything about it.

My tactic for tomorrow will be to check the various retail websites that sell amiibo in case they are released tomorrow.

I really wish Nintendo would just say "release date winter 2015" rather than constantly give an exact date only to not have them AND not know anything as to when they will

I can't speak for everything as animal crossing is my only Nintendo related thing I ever buy, but in my opinion they have done horrible so far with anything HHD related

I preordered amibo festival as well as the lottie amibo from game and that has already shipped, so it's not like that's been delayed and that's why there holding back on series 2 :/

I'll nip into Smyths after work tomorrow and see if they have any packs... I don't mind waiting longer as I haven't finished collecting series 1 but I can understand why people are frustrated.

I saw on Facebook (I think either the AC or Nintendo page) that NA aren't even getting Series 2 until the new year now...

Wouldn't surprise me if EU has been pushed back to the New year too...

Especially seems there was a couple of months gap between Japanese Series 1 and EU/NA Series 1, Japanese Series 2 hasn't even been out a month yet...

I saw on Facebook (I think either the AC or Nintendo page) that NA aren't even getting Series 2 until the new year now...

Wouldn't surprise me if EU has been pushed back to the New year too...

Especially seems there was a couple of months gap between Japanese Series 1 and EU/NA Series 1, Japanese Series 2 hasn't even been out a month yet...

Yeah if it has been pushed back it wouldn't surprise me if it was until then, still though would be nice to know >< I've gotten all of series 2 now (as I imagine some have as well) and was looking foward to having the album for them but ah well :/

Yeah if it has been pushed back it wouldn't surprise me if it was until then, still though would be nice to know >< I've gotten all of series 2 now (as I imagine some have as well) and was looking foward to having the album for them but ah well :/

I'm in the same boat... my cards are just sitting in a pile waiting for the album :(

Australia's was pushed back to Dec 17th a while back, as we have the same region locking and often get things roughly around the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if yours is released around then too.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if Aus get it pushed back to next year either! Heh.

It's on amazon uk now, but I'm a bit skeptical about ordering it as it's being sold by a company via amazon, and don't know if they actually do have and even then, if it were to arrive broken or faulty feel like exchanging it would be rather difficult :/

But hey, hopefully when series 4 is released the series 2 album will finally be out!

It's on amazon uk now, but I'm a bit skeptical about ordering it as it's being sold by a company via amazon, and don't know if they actually do have and even then, if it were to arrive broken or faulty feel like exchanging it would be rather difficult :/

But hey, hopefully when series 4 is released the series 2 album will finally be out!

I wouldn't trust Amazon third party sellers with these, especially since Amazon themselves haven't put it up for preorder yet. Besides, it's bound to be cheaper when Amazon themselves sell it.

It makes sense to wait and see what happens tomorrow, see if anyone has it for sale then, or if Nintendo announces that they are delayed.

I've ordered mine from Amazon Italy and it's already been shipped. I would think they wouldn't have shipped it if it was delayed.

Australia's was pushed back to Dec 17th a while back, as we have the same region locking and often get things roughly around the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if yours is released around then too.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if Aus get it pushed back to next year either! Heh.

No it wasn't.
The S1 and S2 albums got "pushed back" to December 17 - but they never actually had an official release date to begin with, so it's not even being pushed back at all.
Series 2 of the cards is still set to release on November 21st, they even sent out an email for amiibo festival today which reconfirms a November 21st release date. Australia is a much smaller country than JPN, the UK and US, so it's not as hard for them to stock here, so I'm like 90% sure S2 is coming tomorrow.

Portugal Toys r us has series 2 albums plus few cards and the rest of the shops don't have it. I am also having a hard time finding cards here I got only 4 packs plus the album from Toys r us. Have you checked Toys r us? Go to the actual store if you can. Here it isn't listed on the site but they still have it.

Last edited:
Yeah I would trust an amazon 3rd party seller. I know some stores a good but considering the one that had its negative feedback was "sells items they do not have" does make me cautious

I noticed the only seller with 100% was from Italy, and after seeing it has been shipped only makes me think it has been released in some parts,

Does anyone know other than game where else might have that sort of item (excluding toys r us since its no where near me :/)

In the UK: As I've said on another thread - I haven't seen cards for preorder anywhere other than Game. Game also had the album (series 2 ) up for preorder (I last checked yesterday).
I haven't ordered from them as not wanting the album and hoping for a better price than ?4.99 per pack for the cards.

I ordered ac festival game (plus Isabelle & Digby) and other ac amiibos' via Amazon as soon as they went up for preorder - and 2am this morning I got an email saying everything delayed. (game 24th/26th Nov, other figures unspecified date in Dec)
I see some of you have had them shipped, in the UK?

In the UK: As I've said on another thread - I haven't seen cards for preorder anywhere other than Game. Game also had the album (series 2 ) up for preorder (I last checked yesterday).
I haven't ordered from them as not wanting the album and hoping for a better price than ?4.99 per pack for the cards.

I ordered ac festival game (plus Isabelle & Digby) and other ac amiibos' via Amazon as soon as they went up for preorder - and 2am this morning I got an email saying everything delayed. (game 24th/26th Nov, other figures unspecified date in Dec)
I see some of you have had them shipped, in the UK?

All my figures and game from Game were sent out yesterday with no delay, checked recently and haven't gotten an e-mail saying otherwise. maybe it'sjust more stock issues :l

They are on sale in Smythes. My local one had a stack of the collectors albums, but only had a handful packs of cards left and I got there just after it opened. o.o Normally that store is my secret amiibo haven that no one knows about. :p

So my local game hasn't gotten the cards or album , but they did acknowledge that they were supposed to have them today and have no idea what's going on with it. They did have all the amiibos except lottie though and the bundle

Back