• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The safest way to jump a year ahead without any losses?

Classygirl

Bells
Lobo
Mint
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Shamrock
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Ok, so I am sure this has been asked a lot before but I've never really minded having towns that were far behind but now that I have all my keeper villagers and can start moving ahead normally again I've realized different seasons are ok but being a year or..two in one case behind well I think it's time they all at least get into the same year as we head toward New year then they won't be too far behind...

So the question, I have heard that when a villager pings to move and you turn them down you can go forward let's say to that same date but a year ahead with no losses, is this the best way. Aside weeds and such to have everyone still there. With multiple towns and never wanting to miss anything, the days in another town or just non play days added up and I dont like skipping ahead but it really would take forever to catch up as when I was cycling for dreams I usually stayed the same day, I probably have been on the same day in my oldest town for a lot of days. I haven't decided if I should but want to make sure that's the safe way, I like them being staggered seasons but just need in a couple to jump a year at one go.

I was told that if a villager pings to move and you want them to stay you can tell them to, then move ahead six days and save. Then move back six days and another villager will ping like clockwork. I tried it and it was true. I didn't lose anyone either.

The safest way to TT days ahead is to do so one day at a time, just to make sure no one asks to move out.

I'm not sure about the thing you mentioned in your post about it being safe after saying no to a villager moving, so I can't confirm if that's true or not.

At one day at a time I would be basically playing from where I am far back and stay there, but I know there is someway to jump a year or 2 without taking a hit I'm just not sure that's it, the ping turn down, so asking first...better safe than sorry.

Once you say no to a villager you can TT forward however far you like.

I always make sure to turn down a villagers move request before I stop playing so that when I come back months and months (like last time it was 8 months) later no one has moved out!!

Yes, if you save and quit after declining someone's request to move, you can go forward as far as you want all in one go.

(This question is asked on this board at least 3 times a day...)

I always make sure to turn down a villagers move request before I stop playing so that when I come back months and months (like last time it was 8 months) later no one has moved out!!

Yeah this. So if you're cycling the 6 and 6 trick works and I haven't lost a villager to it yet and it gets a quick ping from someone. Remember that the person moving won't be in their house or shops. They're be wandering around the town.

Yeah this. So if you're cycling the 6 and 6 trick works and I haven't lost a villager to it yet and it gets a quick ping from someone. Remember that the person moving won't be in their house or shops. They're be wandering around the town.

Actually that last part is not true. You'll have to save and quit multiple times if no one pings and some villagers are shopping/in their homes.

Last edited:
Actually that last part is not true. You'll have to save and quit multiple times if no one pings and some villagers are shopping/in their homes.

No idea. I'm just doing what's worked so far.

I'm not doing it to cycle, just the next ping I get I'm going to use that day as my turn down and jump..as I have a town at the end of 2013 and all but the newest are still 14' I just wanna put them in this year lol.

I think by forwarding to the next day and talking to all villagers to see if anyone is planning to move is a safe way to go. Keep doing it until you reach the current day and time, but it might seem like a long time though.. So in real day, save/quit go to second day, talktalktalk, then next day. Probably can reach your current day soon, if you save/quit more than several times in real day.. hoped that made some sense xD good luck!

Yes! This has always worked for me. As long as you denied a request to move, the next time you log on, no matter now far into the future, no villager has moved out. The only losses is the weeds, but that can be easily taken care of. (They just look shocked when they see you because from their perpective, you have been gone for years!).

One caution, make sure you talk to everyone, maybe even several times. Villagers can ping you to move. In fact, for me, every time I stopped playing for a long time and come back to it, someone wants to move that first day you are back to playing.

One time, a villager told me someone else was moving, and it was actually hard to get the moving villager to ping me as my friendship level with that villager had fallen so low. Something to be aware of. :)

Yes! This has always worked for me. As long as you denied a request to move, the next time you log on, no matter now far into the future, no villager has moved out. The only losses is the weeds, but that can be easily taken care of. (They just look shocked when they see you because from their perpective, you have been gone for years!).

One caution, make sure you talk to everyone, maybe even several times. Villagers can ping you to move. In fact, for me, every time I stopped playing for a long time and come back to it, someone wants to move that first day you are back to playing.

One time, a villager told me someone else was moving, and it was actually hard to get the moving villager to ping me as my friendship level with that villager had fallen so low. Something to be aware of. :)

Yes! Thank you for that! I forgot to mention you have to look for the next person moving once you come back!

Ok, well I hit the day..by accident I was playing on 7/7 instead of 7-17 and this is 2014 they all were acting like I was gone forever and weeds oh weeds..now I need to decide is it worth it to jump ahead..I know it's the same stuff every year but aid feel like I was cheating even though I am a year and a half behind, lol. I set the town up when I was in a really serious relationship and didn't play as much plus multi towns but now that I have all the dreams..I don't know I guess the question is do I skip only a year or to like before this years fall holidays or leave it summer...If I jump all my towns to current date they won't all be in different seasons and I am always 2 weeks back when I start because play a lot fast in the start..My one town the first is still 2013 because I got it in Oct/a nov but set the start date to the games release date thinking Id catch up quick lol.

I guess the question is if you have multi towns do you have them in current time, different seasons..or all in the same IRL time.. It may be boring to have them all the same month..trying to decide where and if to jump to..Id feel I was missing a lot even though really they don't care, lol, just game but you know how it is.

Back