• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you do nowadays on New Leaf?

I'm one of the lazy ones that didn't make a theme town. If I did it would be done by now since I'm over 500 hours. Now I just maintain the town: cleaning up weeds and unauthorized flowers, build the occasional PWP. And I still need four paintings to finish the museum.

I've barely achieved anything in the hours I put into it. I need to breed so many more flowers to fill my town with, and I'm just not sure with my tree placement so that changes daily.

So far I only have 2 dreamies in their designated places, so there's still a lot of hours I have to put into resetting.

Once I'm done with the look of my town (which will be never tbh, there's no way I'll get all the right PWPs), I'd need to concentrate on my collections and get them done. That includes the catalogue.

After that I'd have to max out my friendship with my villagers and stop them from moving out, but this will be an endless goal I guess.

When I'd have nothing to do in ACNL, I'd probably just play it for 10 minutes per day and be done with it.

But it'd take at least 2 more years for me to get to that point. Especially since I also play and try to complete ACHHD.

I usually walk around to make sure no one is moving, and then I dig up fossils or get rid of unwanted flowers that appear. Other than that, I don't really do anything. I've done all there is to do, though. I have considered filling my cataloge, but that will take a long time.

i am far away from that yet but when i do that there i would try and get all of the badges talk to my villagers make my town nice

Chief finally suggested the wooden bridge *doing happy dance* in Juliette. Those are going in over the next several days along with other PWP's. Eden is pretty much done however, I am working on how I want to furnish the mayors basement along with extra character basements. And I'm working on villager home interiors.

I've been playing for a few months; right now I'm working on getting my dream villagers and public works projects.

I'm busy with work so I don't get to play it as much as I would like but I don't care much due to the beautiful town ordinance :p

Landscaping on my 2nd town and growing hybrids. I thought I'd try and get some villagers to suit my town theme but I decided to just keep a lot of my starters because I either like their house location or they just grew on me. I have maybe one or two villagers I'd like to trade out eventually but I'm keeping them longer because I love them around. Recently I've gotten into collecting complete fossils to turn into miniature models so I can display in my house.. so that takes some time to hunt for.

I need to clean my town up! I've got items from trading scattered everywhere. Maybe that's why i haven't been logging into my game for a while...

i also need to finish growing some hybrids on my own (purple pansy, blue roses). dont have the gold axe yet. and i have some badges i need to achieve (streetpass, visiting, dream mansion).

Mostly talking to villagers and trying to obtain all of my dreamies and PWPS for my town. :)

I'm currently trying to earn more badges! I'm also just tting to get more hybrids and buy some things from Leif's section of the T&T Emporium. I really need to clean out all the junk that I have laying around my town (it's quite horrendous). But other than that, I usually just play with my friends in the game.

i haven't been playing for a month or so because of school, but the last time i played, i pretty much just did daily routine-type things and made sure none of my villagers were leaving. i was also breeding hybrids and collecting bush starts and stuff. i was bringing my 3ds to school as well, so i was often checking all of the new/reoccuring homes that would pop up in hha :) when i get more time to play though, i'm definitely gonna start working on my pattern mules' homes. i think that's basically the finishing touch for my town!

Last edited:
In my main town I've been just changing my landscaping here and there. Right now I'm preparing a little christmas-y type area with holly bushes and some cedars just so it'll look nice when it snows. I've also been trying to get uchi pwp requests.

In my cat town I've been doing a lot more since it's still in the works. Landscaping, hybrid breeding for pink cosmos, house upgrading, plot resetting, pretty much everything. I can't wait until I have all my cat villagers and I can relax there and just landscape to my heart's content lol.

Right now I'm trying to get to 100M, after that I will try to make my town look nice, fill my museum and get all the others badges.

I've logged in almost 1200 hours. I recently began a new town, so I have the two now. Cocoplum is pretty much perfect, so I continue going on, playing with villagers, gardening, writing letters and just happily socializing. Corvidae is a work in progress. Currently, I'm landscaping, doing interior design and working on public works projects. And of course building strong friendships with my villagers.

i haven't been playing for that long, so i haven't achieved nearly as much as many other users here, haha.

currently i'm working on landscaping. to be super specific, trying to get curlos to request a stonehenge!

Back