amiibo Festival You can imagine a full Animal Crossing WiiU version while playing Amiibo Festival!

HHoney

Fireworks!
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Mother's Day Carnation
Tasty Cake
For those of us who have now played Amiibo Festival it is so painfully obvious how close they are to developing a full Animal Crossing game for the WiiU.

The graphics are amazing. The board game "town" looks just like a town in a WiiU game should look like. The town tree is crisp and clear. The Waterfall falling from the cliff is spectacular.

When playing the board game you can reach out and FEEL how amazing a full Animal Crossing town would be on the WiiU.

The graphics are so beautiful. Other people on the web have been talking about just sitting and watching the scenery in the various months you can play the board game.

Those of you who have played Amiibo Festival - did you see the possibilities too?

I did not think AC WiiU could be a reality until last night when I started playing Amiibo Festival.
Now it seems realistically possible.

For those of us who have now played Amiibo Festival it is so painfully obvious how close they are to developing a full Animal Crossing game for the WiiU.

The graphics are amazing. The board game "town" looks just like a town in a WiiU game should look like. The town tree is crisp and clear. The Waterfall falling from the cliff is spectacular.

When playing the board game you can reach out and FEEL how amazing a full Animal Crossing town would be on the WiiU.

The graphics are so beautiful. Other people on the web have been talking about just sitting and watching the scenery in the various months you can play the board game.

Those of you who have played Amiibo Festival - did you see the possibilities too?

I did not think AC WiiU could be a reality until last night when I started playing Amiibo Festival.
I did, as well. I really hope Nintendo releases a full version for the Wii U, however, I don't know if that will happen because by the time it releases, the Wii U might be at the end of its life span.

I did, as well. I really hope Nintendo releases a full version for the Wii U, however, I don't know if that will happen because by the time it releases, the Wii U might be at the end of its life span.

yeah sadly but true.. well all we can do is hope!! lol

Yeah, the whole time I am playing, I am longing for a full AC game. It really does look so nice. I've played all 3 months of fall, but it seems each month has different colored grass, gradually becoming more orange. I can't recall if previous AC games had that much variation month to month, but either way, this game looks so lovely.

The fact that you can customize the villagers on the board and add pwps makes it extremely easy for me to imagine a wiiu full title game.

To me, Amiibo Festival is a bitter reminder that a proper AC game for the Wii U would look amazing, but sadly we might not even get one.

I really hope we do get a proper AC game for the Wii U, though. As far as I know, AF is pretty much a downgraded version of Mario Party 10 with AC characters and you have to use the amiibo to play.

We're getting a main Wii U Animal Crossing. That's a guarantee.

Trust me.
Nintendo is planning a main Animal Crossing for Wii U.
Animal Crossing does not miss a console. We WILL get one.
Also understand that Animal Crossing ALWAYS comes out EARLY in a Nintendo console's life cycle.

Check the following:
Gamecube - 2001. Animal Crossing - 2002.
4 more years until next Nintendo home console Wii in 2006.
DS - 2004. Animal Crossing: Wild World - 2005.
6 more years until next Nintendo handheld console 3DS in 2011.
Wii - 2006. Animal Crossing: City Folk/Let's Go To The City - 2008.
4 more years until next Nintendo home console Wii U in 2012.
3DS - 2011. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 2012/2013.
It's gonna be awhile before the next handheld console, won't it?
Wii U - 2012. Animal Crossing.........???
If a main Animal Crossing hasn't shown up on Wii U yet, that ALSO means that Wii U will have a long lifecycle.
Since Animal Crossing ALWAYS comes out early because of its multi-year-long DLC trains.

What I see with Happy Home Designer & amiibo Festival are ideas they will be using in the main Wii U Animal Crossing.
I remember back in 2013 when I first got my Wii U that there were 3 special communities highlighted in the Miiverse.
One was The Legend of Zelda, one was Super Smash Bros., & the other was Animal Crossing.
When Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU came out in 2014, that general Smash community became a SPECIFIC community for Smash 4.
I expect that general Zelda community to become the SPECIFIC one for Zelda Wii U when it comes out next November.
AND I ALSO expect that general Animal Crossing community to become the SPECIFIC one for Animal Crossing Wii U just the same.

They didn't put out Animal Crossing Plaza on Wii U for nothing.
We ARE getting a mainline Wii U Animal Crossing & if you wanna get a taste of where it's going, pay close attention to what they're doing in Happy Home Designer & amiibo Festival.
I see them talking about serving orange juice on amiibo Festival on a Board Game playthrough with the glasses on the table.
I bet MONEY we will be able to turn the fruits into juices on Wii U Animal Crossing.
I see a car & outdoor furniture on Happy Home Designer (me & my friends were talking about outdoor furniture earlier this year imagining Wii U AC & we nailed it!).
I bet MONEY we will be riding bikes & driving cars on Wii U Animal Crossing.

The game is gonna be HUGE!
Might even have simultaneous villager play for the first time due to Upad (the name I call the Gamepad by).
It's DEFINITELY coming & as we see from amiibo Festival, it's gonna look so good!
And yes, that's another reason why amiibo Festival is out with all these amiibos.
Wii U Animal Crossing will make use of amiibos too.
Can't wait!

John Lucas

Last edited:

It'd certainly be nice, the only thing making me think otherwise is that the Wii U didn't do great, they know it didn't do great, and are already working on their next console anyway (which I believe we can expect to hear more about next year).

If it isn't happening on the Wii U, it'll certainly be happening on their next console.

idk if johnlucas is right but i damn well want him to be right lol

idk if johnlucas is right but i damn well want him to be right lol

I want him to be right, too. But I kinda doubt that all of what he says will happen. Towns are a little too small to drive cars around, I think. Though idk about bikes.

I also strongly doubt the Wii U will have a long life cycle, because of Nintendo working on the NX. In fact, the way he's shown that AC games are usually released at the start of a console/handheld's cycle only makes me doubt even more that we'll get a Wii U AC. It's been three years since the Wii U came out, and like I said earlier, Nintendo is working on the NX already.

I want him to be right, too. But I kinda doubt that all of what he says will happen. Towns are a little too small to drive cars around, I think. Though idk about bikes.

I also strongly doubt the Wii U will have a long life cycle, because of Nintendo working on the NX. In fact, the way he's shown that AC games are usually released at the start of a console/handheld's cycle only makes me doubt even more that we'll get a Wii U AC. It's been three years since the Wii U came out, and like I said earlier, Nintendo is working on the NX already.

Agreed. I think they fully intended for an AC on WiiU... Until it flopped.

They could always re use the engine from this game. Maybe an Animal Crossing game is in development already but to keep the fans happy they developed this game with the same engine to keep fans happy (to a certain degree since the game is bad imo).

I don't have it yet. But in videos and things I'm seeing signs that have the Nook's Homes logo on them, so I don't know if those are plots for villagers homes or if they're custom design signs or what. If plots are in the next main game, I hope we can choose where they are.

The graphics are amazing when compared to the shabby 3DS screen. This game is not up to par if you compare it to any other Wii U game. Especially if you compare it to the Animal Crossing course in Mario Kart 8 or the Wind Waker HD...

They need to bring the game and its assets to HD yes. But they need to rethink and ameliorate the textures, the "rolling" effect (which isn't required in a console as powerful as a home console), and the village.

Back