Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
Happy Home Designer Token
Ancient Lantern
Cake
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Silver Mailbox
To those of you who have played the game - what are your thoughts? Do you think the game is worth the price or not even close? And for those of you who saw the previews (including the announcement at E3) - is it better, worse, or about the same as what you expected? Leave your thoughts below.

I was not ready to shell out $60 for the game - but a local video store had it available to rent so I ended up testing out the game with the Amiibo. Personally, the lack of a start menu was confusing but I ended up playing the first board (November's) as Digby while my sister played as Isabelle. The time limit was skipped, and we played for the full 30 days. The graphics were wonderful, but really only served as a reminder of how great a non-spin-off in the series would have been. It felt like a lackluster Mario Party. I can understand how it would be fun from a family perspective as it doesn't really bring the competitive atmosphere to the table. It just wasn't my cup of tea. That being said - the mini games weren't unlocked yet so another game (July's board) was played with the shortest time limit, being 30 minutes long. Seemingly no differences besides the few events which changed board spaces [for one or two turns]. I was disappointed and feel it could have used some more thrill/differences between months. It simply was too repetitive, with the same special characters returning to the game.

The second game unlocked the mini games. The quiz one? Fun to play once or twice. Island escape? Same. Others? Ehh...

To sum it up - I'm glad I rented it rather than purchasing it. The Amiibo are probably the best part of the purchase. The game itself is maybe an hour or two of fun at the most. I'm sure others will have different options from my own, and that's okay. I'd love to hear what others think of the game!

Final rating? Two out of five happy points.

I think it's cute and charming but overall very slow paced. I unlocked a few mini games and especially love the desert island escape. I don't think the game is terrible but it's not for everyone. I think coming with the amiibo is worth $60 but base game alone is probably worth $40. I rated 4/5 based on what the game was designed for

I give it 4 happy points. I got it through Amazon with Prime so it was only $40 for the bundle (they have been offering discounts on videogame purchases lately, you don't even see the discount until you go to checkout).

I actually really enjoyed the board game but I was playing in a group -- and we had some serious drama. We managed to trigger a bunch of things like getting Katrina's tarot cards, and we all played the stalk market aggressively which resulted in a lot of shrieking. (Especially when someone found rare furniture and sold it to Redd for 75k bells, invested it all in turnips, only to have Joan come back and tell him that ALL THOSE TURNIPS WERE ROTTEN SO SORRY YOU HAVE ZERO TURNIPS NOW.)

Only unlocked a couple minigames which honestly I thought were less compelling. So far Quiz Show was the most fun but we always had 3 competetive people playing.

Haven't gotten to desert island escape but even without it, well worth the $40 I paid and because of the amiibos and cards, I would have paid the full $60.

Definitely going to be fun/not fun based on who you're playing with though, I think.

I was not very impressed and I'm a person who doesn't really have high hopes for video games in general but I put no more than 15 min in the game, me and my best friend were playing it but I found that I had to pass the game pad back and forth when it was her turn and then to use her AMIIBO each time and on 2 player it's every turn passing back and forth I got the bundle for my birthday so I didn't have to pay for it and I bought a tom nook AMIIBO when picking up, but it won't be something I will play all the time maybe when I'm bored and I won't be playing with friends due to the fact I only have 1 game pad and it was annoying to keep passing back and forth idk I just wasn't hat impressed with it and I know it's not a full game but it's not interactive at all besides the mini games

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's cute I'll give it that and I enjoy anything animal crossing as we all do here on the forum lol

I love it! I bought all of the figures that are currently released to play it! I love the customization with the amiibo cards on the board-game town, too! Five out of five happy points! ♡

I love the game~ I would say that it was definitely worth the money to buy. It's a nice laid back and relaxing game. It's not one that you could play for hours because of how low key it is but it's definitely a nice game to unwind with. Oddly enough though, it's strongest point for me wasn't even with the actual board game.

The strongest part of the game, for me, was the Desert Island Escape mini game. That mini game is so much fun and really helps add a lot to the game. It's a fun little thing and the animations are really quite funny - like Rosie trying to catch fish with her bare hands...erm...bare paws or Bonbon fighting off a centipede. :p

I just wish that we didn't have to tap the amiibo every single time the character rolls the dice. :(

Wow this game is a bore. And even though it's great to see the game in full HD, it's just too bad they are using old 3DS assets. This game looks bland by any Wii U means.

I'm happy that the SP work in HHD. No waiting for Reese/Cyrus to show up. So if you collect amiibo toys and want only the special players this is a good route. Looks like there are more SP amiibos coming out later.

I've played it the last few night by myself and had fun. Think it would be better in a large group.
Just got to the part where you add houses and other things. It will be interesting to what everyone did.

Well... I really didn't have a first impression... It looked like a regular old game to me. Though, I will admit, I am a bit stoked to test it out. But, simultaneously, I really don't wanna play AF. AT ALL. XD

The game is growing on me every time I play.
It REALLY IS Animal Crossing in a board game format.

The reviewers are full of...excrement, let's just say. :D
This is not Mario Party & it was never supposed to be.
This plays like LIFE with an Animal Crossing appeal.
Talking about the main board game, of course.

I like how it uses the amiibos more crucially.
I can even use the amiibo cards to set my rolls for extra strategy.
I like how it doesn't show you everything all at once.
Too many people complain about that.
To me, that makes it feel very much like Animal Crossing.
There's always a new surprise.
I'm still discovering things in New Leaf after having it for over 2 years now.

Nintendo did a good job with this title. It feels just as laidback & chill as the main games do.
All the real-time details are in there too, I don't know if you guys noticed.
The moon cycles really match the calendar & whatever weather is going on is represented no matter who's playing & what event pops up.
You even hear season-appropriate bugs in the background.

The only thing I could complain about is that they didn't make this online.
Animal Crossing has ALWAYS had some kind of communication feature between different players.
Even Gamecube had a pseudo-online experience with the memory cards.
That's its only major drawback in my opinion.

I'm glad Nintendo is taking the Animal Crossing franchise to a higher level by branching out like this.
It shows they really trust the series to be one of their top-tier properties.

Most of all I love one of the comments you get from playing around on the Board Game.

PIGGETY PAID!!!

Hahahahahaha! Oh I'm gonna use that one all the time. :D
John Lucas

Wow this game is a bore. And even though it's great to see the game in full HD, it's just too bad they are using old 3DS assets. This game looks bland by any Wii U means.

They did the same with City Folk, they put Wild World into the original, then added a city, and called it a day! LOL They're clearly having problems readjusting this back to consoles after the handheld variants are so well done.
On AF note, the mini-games do take time to unlock, so that's why I gave it 4, but otherwise, this game can't be considered true garbage, they put a spin on a board game in a way that only Animal Crossing can do, and good lord is it cute!

The Desert Island Escape minigame is 10 times better than the actual board game lol. That's my impression of it. But the board game is still cute and all :)

Back