Terrorist Attacks in Paris

studying religion as a hobby isn't quite the same thing as actually being of that religion.
http://islamophobia132.weebly.com/the-religion-of-peace-and-islam-watch.html

But now isn't the time to discuss this. Thoughts are with the people of France.

You're right. It's not the same. Because I had no one to indoctrinate me and brainwash me into ignoring specific parts of the religion. I can go into a religion with a clean slate and an open mind. I can see the good and the evil without prejudice.

And what I've found is that God/Allah based religions are horrible things that promote rape, sexism, slavery, and murder.

And @Kawaii Cupcakes, I don't care about the reason. The God of that religion is still demanding that his people slaughter others. That is not a religion of peace. It's like that part of the Bible where God tells his followers to kill infants, fetuses, and mothers who are pregnant. I don't care about the reason for it. He still ordered his followers to kill people. He flooded the world. God/Allah is a man of murder, and you can't see it because you were raised in an environment that conditioned you to think that his violence was love.

You know what we normal people call that? Abuse.

We wouldn't have to worry about Isis and other crap like that if people didn't still believe in stories your parents used to scare you with in order to make you behave as a child.

Jesus christ, I was just stating that I didn't want this thread to spiral directly into hell, especially when this is going on in France. I just find it disrespectful to point fingers and play the "I'm right you're wrong" game over a situation like this. Sorry if that offends you.

It's okay, I don't really get offended. I'm pretty sure it's possible to respect the deceased and those in danger while still making conversation with chums. Obviously if no one ever discusses these issues they will never be solved. Your ideology really reminds me of Stephen Harper's to be completely honest. No offense.

You're right. It's not the same. Because I had no one to indoctrinate me and brainwash me into ignoring specific parts of the religion. I can go into a religion with a clean slate and an open mind. I can see the good and the evil without prejudice.

And what I've found is that God/Allah based religions are horrible things that promote rape, sexism, slavery, and murder.

And @Kawaii Cupcakes, I don't care about the reason. The God of that religion is still demanding that his people slaughter others. That is not a religion of peace. It's like that part of the Bible where God tells his followers to kill infants, fetuses, and mothers who are pregnant. I don't care about the reason for it. He still ordered his followers to kill people. He flooded the world. God/Allah is a man of murder, and you can't see it because you were raised in an environment that conditioned you to think that his violence was love.

We wouldn't have to worry about Isis and other crap like that if people didn't still believe in stories your parents used to scare you with in order to make you behave as a child.

Now, one things I do not want is to for anyone to be offended in the thread. While I don't tolerate terrorism either, this could offend people of any religion, really.

i can't imagine how much more vulnerable people who follow the religion of islam will feel, how many more unprovoked attacks they will now receive on a daily basis (where i live it's frighteningly common), how people are ignorant about their religion. please stop. we understand you don't agree with religion, this is not the place for it.

It's okay, I don't really get offended. I'm pretty sure it's possible to respect the deceased and those in danger while still making conversation with chums. Obviously if no one ever discusses these issues they will never be solved. Your ideology really reminds me of Stephen Harper's to be completely honest. No offense.

I didn't even say it was already an argument, are you even reading what I'm posting? I stated my own personal concerns, that this would become a nasty fight. I'm really sorry if that's wrong of me.

i can't imagine how much more vulnerable people who follow the religion of islam will feel, how many more unprovoked attacks they will now receive on a daily basis (where i live it's frighteningly common), how people are ignorant about their religion. please stop. we understand you don't agree with religion, this is not the place for it.

I agree with this statement. Islam is the second most religion followed in the world, there's no telling what kind of effect this attack will have on it. 9/11 already affected the treatment of Muslims bad enough.

Threads wouldn't be so bad if people didn't think so black and white, and didn't just aim to attack anyone with an opposing view.

On topic, I don't think we'll get answers for a while. The French government is going to have to sort this out. So be wary of any news we get for the next few days.

I agree with this statement. Islam is the second most religion followed in the world, there's no telling what kind of effect this attack will have on it. 9/11 already affected the treatment of Muslims bad enough.

Yeah it's pretty terrible. While these terrorists targeted innocent people directly, they also did the same indirectly to people who follow Islam as they will be treated very poorly when in reality they are completely innocent, just like the people who died.

Threads wouldn't be so bad if people didn't think so black and white, and didn't just aim to attack anyone with an opposing view.

On topic, I don't think we'll get answers for a while. The French government is going to have to sort this out. So be wary of any news we get for the next few days.

Apparently the exact death count is unknown.

and singling out every person that follows something you don't agree with as an idiot that has full responsibility for an extremist faction's actions makes you the better person

for someone who can apparently tell the difference between good and evil, you sure fail hard at judging yourself

you know what normal people call that? hypocritical

Last edited:
TiBkKSX.jpg

Stolen from reddit

There was actually a bomb threat for the hotel where the German national soccer team was staying in the morning. Looking at all this now, this was some omnious foreshadowing. :(

This is so terrible.

My heart hurts. This is so awful. All of France has my prayers, as well as those surrounding. I can only hope not many more will die. My best of wishes to everyone. Stay safe.

and singling out every person that follows something you don't agree with as an idiot that has full responsibility for an extremist faction's actions makes you the better person

for someone who can apparently tell the difference between good and evil, you sure fail hard at judging yourself

you know what normal people call that? hypocritical

Funny, I don't remember calling anyone an idiot, or saying that I was better than anyone else.

Everyone is capable of seeing good and evil, unless they have some sort of mental problem. Like sociopaths or something. Hitler killed millions of people. Evil. My high school English teacher adopted three children and had us do fund raisers for them when their parents died within a year of each other. Good.

But religion is designed to be done by indoctrinating children too young to understand what they are learning. That's how religion goes on. Getting them involved when they cannot see good an evil. They only know to follow what their parents taught them. And so they grow up believing that God is good, rather than seeing the truth. Religion is a tool used to control people through fear. And it leads to things like what's going down in the Middle East. Or what happened during the Dark Ages.

My roommate and I were horrified to find this in the news. :/ I really hope people don't blame parties who are not responsible for the tragedy such as Muslims and the refugees. I'll be watching and praying as the story unfolds. I hope everyone stays safe.

Back