• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Splatoon Embarrassing Splats

I hate when Im trying to snipe and then my teammates super jump to me and the force as they land pushes me off the edge.

Also theres this bit on camp triggerfish where I hide squid beacons because no one ever looks there and then I was sat there hiding and my teammate super jumped to me. I tried to warn them not to squid as soon as they landed because it was on the rope but they did and fell thorugh and died. I sat there laughing my head off for like 10 minutes xD

accidentally swimming right under any kind of roller... especially if you do it twice in the same match... dying by the same person... in the same area....

yikes.

I finally splatted myself on the new Museum map again. The turning platform on the bottom left started turning right as I jumped, so I got caught on the vertical wall instead and then it pushed me off lmao.

95% sure my teammate saw...

Last edited:
On the new Musuem map, I accidentally fell in the water while trying to jump to the other platform and one of my other teammates saw this. I felt so embarrassed.

Last edited:
Aha, don't worry, at least it's not as bad as what I did in the beginning. I thought the area to go right on the museum map was a little close to spawn, so I hopped sideways off the spawn and fell in the water right at the start.

Was playing tower control today on moray towers. We were doing pretty decent and the tower was back in it's starting position. Now, the only person alive on my team was our sniper. So as soon as I spawned, I super jumped to them while my teammates made their own way down. Usually when I super jump, I hold on the button to turn me into a squid so I can hide briefly or just prevent my team mates from being pushed off of edges and stuff.

Only this was not the case... Our sniper was standing on one of the grates that hangs over the drop to your death and since I was holding the 'squid mode' button... guess who fell straight through to their death.

They looked like they were on the ledge above the grates, not on the grates.

I aimed on a Gold Dynamo roller with a charger, but forgot to release the charger until the last second and by then it was too late.

The first time I used the Tri-Slosher, it was at Moray towers, I was on the small ledge area near the bottom ramp, I climbed up the wall and used my bubble shield and someone shot at me and pushed me off the edge xD

And another time at Flounder Hights, I was on the wall edge thing that you can't put ink on and I was shooting at someone and walking backwards and then I fell off xP lol

retreating from someone only to end up splatted because I struggled climbing up a wall. this happens most in bluefin depot ;_;

I was on a huge kill streak, about 7 people, when my camera started to jiggle around (gyroid controls were on) and I fell off the edge of Camp Triggerfish.
I was about to get my 8th kill, as well. Rip

I've been pathetically splatter by sprinklers countless times. I go in close to shoot it, and somehow, the sprinkler always out-inks me. Feel so stupid and embarrassed whenever it happens. It happens all the time.

They can be vicious! It's better to do it from an appropriate distance, but some people through them really high so that you almost have to take it out from underneath, where it's repeatedly hitting you. I'd step off to the side as much as you possibly can.

In other news, I fell of the Towers twice yesterday, that hasn't happened in a while. I did however kill multiple people with a Splash wall. Once by throwing it at an opponent, another by throwing it as the superjumped and followed their teammate (into the wall), and the other by throwing it behind them, and getting them to back into it.

I remember being a noob, I walked into the centre of Moray Towers being a sniper. I got splatted 18 times. I also walked into a splash wall to see what it did.

Mahi Mahi Resort is great, but I've fell in the water so many times. There's this wire ramp by the spawn point that has a tiny bit of it poking out of the water for the first half of the match, and the rest of it is submerged. From a certain angle the bit peeking out is the only part of the ramp you see. I cannot tell you how many times I've forgotten and assumed the whole ramp was out of the water, jumped on it, and died. Ugh.

And being a cornered sniper is not fun at all. I'm trying to use the super jumping tactic to get to safety, but sometimes I just can't press the button fast enough. Also you need to look down at the Gamepad to super jump and in that two second window you're not paying attention a person could easily splat you.

Also, when you super jump to a teammate and immediately die. Like, people stand around where you're going to land and put down a bomb or repeatedly shoot or charge up their shot. It makes me wish I could use my Ninja Squid shoes but Special Charge Ups and Damage ups and Ink Savers are mor important to me.
Whenever I land for a super jump where it looks like there might be trouble, I immidietly lay down a bomb so if I do die, hopefully someone else dies as well. Tbh I do try to kill people who are super jumping as well...

Mahi Mahi Resort is great, but I've fell in the water so many times. There's this wire ramp by the spawn point that has a tiny bit of it poking out of the water for the first half of the match, and the rest of it is submerged. From a certain angle the bit peeking out is the only part of the ramp you see. I cannot tell you how many times I've forgotten and assumed the whole ramp was out of the water, jumped on it, and died. Ugh.

And being a cornered sniper is not fun at all. I'm trying to use the super jumping tactic to get to safety, but sometimes I just can't press the button fast enough. Also you need to look down at the Gamepad to super jump and in that two second window you're not paying attention a person could easily splat you.

Also, when you super jump to a teammate and immediately die. Like, people stand around where you're going to land and put down a bomb or repeatedly shoot or charge up their shot. It makes me wish I could use my Ninja Squid shoes but Special Charge Ups and Damage ups and Ink Savers are mor important to me.
Whenever I land for a super jump where it looks like there might be trouble, I immidietly lay down a bomb so if I do die, hopefully someone else dies as well. Tbh I do try to kill people who are super jumping as well...

I've been having problems on Mahi Mahi Resort too, I have to move quickly or else a sniper or dynamo roller will splat me so easily. I seem to be doing best using the inkbrush or sloshing machine, the inkbrush is quick enough and the sloshing machine is quite good for kills (for me at least lmao I can't use chargers) but it also leaves a longish path which you can swim down to get away quickly.
I also keep randomly falling off the platforms because I didn't paint the side even though I should've made it, pfft..

Back