• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Can Anyone Explain to Me What Amiibo Festival Is Going to Be Like?

baconhwang

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'm very curious as to what the game is like; people have said that it's similar to Mario Party, but from what I can tell it looks like a cutesy game where "everyone wins". I'd love a fun party game that has a degree of competition to it rather than just have everyone be a winner. I know it's not out yet, but what does the game seem like to you? I'm thinking about getting it, but I don't want to make the investment if it's not going to be worth it. I've loved all the Animal Crossing games so far, but I haven't tried AC:HHD and I'm not sure about this new Festival either.

Last edited:
The game has some competitive minigames and some cooperative ones. The board game ends just like the fishing tournaments within New Leaf: there is a podium and everyone claps their hand, but there is a first winner, a second winner and so on... so it definitelly is not a "everyone wins" game.

You can check this video showing the minigames:

Thank you for this! It looks really cute; I think this game is very charming at the very least. Not sure if I'd be willing to pay the hefty $60 a Wii U game calls for though.

Back