amiibo Festival Are you going to be getting Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival?

Are you getting Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival?

• Yes

Votes: 39 44.3%
  • No

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • I'm not sure yet

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I might later

Votes: 11 12.5%

• Total voters
I hope it is fun!

I think a lot of people are going to buy the amiibo figures more than the game - but many people will buy the game just to get Isabelle.

Oh I hope eBay doesn't go crazy with wild prices after they are all released...

I've had the game preordered for about a month now. Only a few weeks to go!! Then to force the boyfriend to play with me haha. >:D

I might later on because I do want to get a WiiU eventually to play splatoon and sports because I always really enjoyed the sports on there so I might end up getting it if it seems fun.

I got my mother to preorder it for me, but as a Christmas present of course. I just got my Wii U at the end of the summer, and as much as I'd prefer a traditional Animal Crossing game, I'm willing to give it a chance! I think it looks adorable! If I'm going to have a board game type of game for the Wii U, I'd rather it be Animal Crossing than Mario themed. More original and more cute, if you ask me. I do wish online was available, since I don't have any friends who can just come over to my house and play sadly. I did have one but we're not friends anymore, it's sad how I want to be friends with her again just to have someone to play Wii U games with, haha.

Anyways, I'll probably play it every so often, especially as soon as I get it for Christmas. I've never had amiibos before (excited to have Isabelle! I don't have any merch of her yet, or any AC merch in general), and I really want Tom Nook and Blathers also (not sure when I should get them as I heard they're hard to get? I don't want to ask my mom for too much right now though.) Not to mention Reese, Cyrus, Celeste, and Kicks are super cute as well! Aaahh I probably won't end up getting that many of course, but I'd at least really like Tom Nook and Blathers eventually.

Anyways I think the game looks super cute and I like how some modes work with the amiibo cards! I don't have any of those besides the Resetti that came with my game right now, but I'll probably end up getting some so I think that's really neat that you can use them for both AF and HHD.

I had really low expectations, but personally as a huge Animal Crossing fan, I think from what we've seen since the initial announcement I'll enjoy the game, so long as I don't wear it out. Maybe I can get my mom to play with me or something.

I wish the Wii U could get a traditional AC though.. ugh. I guess we'll just see what happens, but I'd hate to have to wait too long in order to get a new console just for Animal Crossing when I finally got a Wii U this summer. I'm glad I did though, because I love it and I'm gonna love having an Animal Crossing game sitting with the others regardless.

I didn't have high hopes for Happy Home Designer either, but I enjoy that game a lot. Not for a super long sitting of course, but I feel like that will be the same effect AF has. Besides, HHD has a lot of cute quirks to call its own for right now! Maybe AF will too.

I got my mother to preorder it for me, but as a Christmas present of course. I just got my Wii U at the end of the summer, and as much as I'd prefer a traditional Animal Crossing game, I'm willing to give it a chance! I think it looks adorable! If I'm going to have a board game type of game for the Wii U, I'd rather it be Animal Crossing than Mario themed. More original and more cute, if you ask me. I do wish online was available, since I don't have any friends who can just come over to my house and play sadly. I did have one but we're not friends anymore, it's sad how I want to be friends with her again just to have someone to play Wii U games with, haha.

Anyways, I'll probably play it every so often, especially as soon as I get it for Christmas. I've never had amiibos before (excited to have Isabelle! I don't have any merch of her yet, or any AC merch in general), and I really want Tom Nook and Blathers also (not sure when I should get them as I heard they're hard to get? I don't want to ask my mom for too much right now though.) Not to mention Reese, Cyrus, Celeste, and Kicks are super cute as well! Aaahh I probably won't end up getting that many of course, but I'd at least really like Tom Nook and Blathers eventually.

Anyways I think the game looks super cute and I like how some modes work with the amiibo cards! I don't have any of those besides the Resetti that came with my game right now, but I'll probably end up getting some so I think that's really neat that you can use them for both AF and HHD.

I had really low expectations, but personally as a huge Animal Crossing fan, I think from what we've seen since the initial announcement I'll enjoy the game, so long as I don't wear it out. Maybe I can get my mom to play with me or something.

I wish the Wii U could get a traditional AC though.. ugh. I guess we'll just see what happens, but I'd hate to have to wait too long in order to get a new console just for Animal Crossing when I finally got a Wii U this summer. I'm glad I did though, because I love it and I'm gonna love having an Animal Crossing game sitting with the others regardless.

I didn't have high hopes for Happy Home Designer either, but I enjoy that game a lot. Not for a super long sitting of course, but I feel like that will be the same effect AF has. Besides, HHD has a lot of cute quirks to call its own for right now! Maybe AF will too.

That's awesome! I also wish there were online modes, but I do have a sister, so I'll be able to enjoy it with her. :D

I'm not really sure how available the amiibos will be, but I wish you good luck in getting Isabelle, Blathers and Tom Nook!

Yeah, I think the amiibo card functionality is pretty cool, however, I wish you could use them for more than just minigames. :(

I wasn't quite sure what to think of Happy Home Designer, but I actually enjoy it a lot as well! I hope Amiibo Festival will have the same kind of charm. :)

Last edited:
If I had $70(AUD) I would preorder all of the remaining amiibos I don't have oreordered... But alas, I'll have to wait until I get paid next

I will never be ordering this game mainly because it's way too much money. I believe it's $80 where I'm at and it doesn't really seem worth it in my opinion. I may change my mind after I've seen actual full gameplay, but at this point, I have my money reserved for other games.

Last edited:
I will never be ordering this game mainly because it's way too much money. I believe it's $80 where I'm at and it doesn't really seem worth it in my opinion. I may change my mind after I've seen actual full gameplay, but at this point, I have my money reserved for other games.

oh man, that's ridiculous. it's $60 where I'm at

I'm going to be getting it, don't know how much I'm going to be playing it. Though the amiibos looks really cute.

I picked up the bundle and the amiibo three pack today. I wanted the amiibo more than game its self though. And I mostly just wanted Isabelle and Reese + the cards.

I picked up the bundle and the amiibo three pack today. I wanted the amiibo more than game its self though. And I mostly just wanted Isabelle and Reese + the cards.

how is it? i'm getting it in a few hours and i'm pretty excited

I picked up the game today and I bought all the available amiibos (except for Lottie who isn't out yet). The game itself is fairly fun. It's not a game that you can sit there and play for hours but it is a fairly nice low key and relaxing game to play when you want something like that. It'll be a nice game to play in order to wind down and it's very cute~ :)

Gameplay talk after this part. I don't know if that counts as a "spoiler" for people but if it does... There's your warning.

The one thing that SUPER bugs me about this game is that when you use an amiibo, you apparently have to tap the amiibo to the gamepad every single turn in order to roll the dice. I don't understand why we can't just click the A button to roll the dice....? It's annoying and unnecessary. Granted, I didn't play past the tutorial game so maybe the future games will utilize the feature but right now, that's the one thing I dislike about this game.

The one thing that SUPER bugs me about this game is that when you use an amiibo, you apparently have to tap the amiibo to the gamepad every single turn in order to roll the dice. I don't understand why we can't just click the A button to roll the dice....? It's annoying and unnecessary. Granted, I didn't play past the tutorial game so maybe the future games will utilize the feature but right now, that's the one thing I dislike about this game.

Yeah, this thing, ummmm...I'll be frank, why? I didn't like it in Mario Party 10 even though the amiibo mode there was pretty okay! That whole thing, it's like...I don't wanna be touching my figure every 20-30 seconds x.x
What I wonder is why there's not an option to just press A or even flick the Gamepad to roll, because that works better. It's a dam in an otherwise calm river. (Not that dams actually make rivers more rapid and if they don't I apologize to hydroconstructors)

Last edited:
If I had a Wii U, I think I'd get it; since I don't have a Wii U, I'm not :/. I might collect some of the amiibos though.

Back