• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

amiibo Festival Are amiibo cards compatible with the game?

lucitine

Mermaid Princess <3
Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
New Horizons Token
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
Jingle Christmas Doll
ど
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Does anyone happen to know?
If they are, I might not get the amiibos just to save some monies ._.

there are some parts that are, and you can't use the figures, but in other parts you can only use the figures

I think the amiibos figurines work only on the board game and all the minigames must be played with the cards. Look:

It comes with 3 amiibo cards to play games with if you want to save money. I think having more cards would add diversity though

You cannot use cards in the board game but you DON'T need figures. The menu allows each player to choose a (human) villager character if you don't have an amiibo.

And you cannot use figures, in the mini games, just cards -- but you get three. So the Festival bundle is mostly self-contained -- you need 6 cards to play the camping game (like Mastermind), and I'm not sure if anything else requires more than three. You'll want at least 1 packs' worth of cards I think.

Having other cards definitely makes a difference, there is rock-paper-scissors in one game, dice rolling in another (I think) and the type of animal you have affects the Island Escape game. Plus every time you use a new card that character starts walking around the big plaza.

Last edited:
Back