• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Staxel - An Animal Crossing inspired PC game

Trundle

Voted Best RPer (TBT Awards 2016)
Cherry 🍒
Mango 🥭
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Perfect Cherry
Pink Balloon
Pink Balloon
Mango
Purple Balloon
Purple Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Orange Bunny Balloon
Festival Lantern
White Crescent Moon
Staxel is an indie game that is currently Greenlit on Steam - but not yet released. It's inspired by Animal Crossing and Minecraft and is looking very polished at the moment. I feel like the two demographics will merge very will. Here is the site:

http://playstaxel.com/

Has anyone else seen this yet? Anyone planning on getting it? I know I am!

ya, im following it

the devs are like former starbound devs or something like that

ya, im following it

the devs are like former starbound devs or something like that

Yeah a few of them are. They're all pretty young and they are pretty interactive with the users on their site's forum, even though it's pretty inactive. It's about 50/50 users and staff posting on it, so it's great they are so interactive with the community.

I think its more Harvest Moon then Animal Crossing honestly.

I think its more Harvest Moon then Animal Crossing honestly.

It's a Minecraft/Harvest Moon/AC mesh pretty much. There are a lot of AC features to it, and after reading some posts it seems all the members of the team making the game love Animal Crossing. But yeah, there is a pretty good cooking and farming system that resembles Harvest Moon, a villager/town and decorating system like Animal Crossing (furniture customization even), and the exploration of Minecraft (dungeons, endless world).

dont think it has enough farming to compare it to harvest moon. i mean by that standard, animal crossing is like harvest moon

oh, this sounds exciting....I will definitely check it out....thanks for sharing. When I hear animal crossing, harvest moon, and minecraft all spoken together like that, my heart starts beating too fast... ;)

Never heard of this, but looks interesting. Although I've already been burned by enough so called Animal Crossing games before like Castaway Paradise.

Never heard of this, but looks interesting. Although I've already been burned by enough so called Animal Crossing games before like Castaway Paradise.

Hahaha these devs actually care!

Yeah I heard about it a while ago. Definitely interested in checking it out once it's out. :D

The devs are considering a high price paid alpha for testing and such. High price because they don't want too many people to play a game that's completely full of bugs. Thoughts?

reminds me of glitch the game. rip glitch

will check this out maybe if it goes anywhere

Reminds me of Castaway Paradise and Wild Season.

Yeah except the devs of Castaway Paradise were lame and the game itself sucks. Also Wild Season is a top down farming game with not much of an adventure to it. Staxel will definitely trump these as the devs are super interactive and kind, have good experience with previous games (lead dev worked on Starbound), and it adds a good mix of a lot of genres with multiplayer, so a lot of different playstyles will be possible.

definitely a minecraft / harvest moon hybrid. looks ok I guess.

Last edited:
Back