How did you discover animal crossing?

My parents bought the GC one when i was a liittle bab. I could ask them how they found it but they probably don't remember.

Last edited:
I found a used copy of Wild World going cheap one day when I went in to nose around a game store, and I thought it looked cute. Ended up playing it a lot, and then got New Leaf last year when I got stuck in hospital for a week bored out of my mind.

My brother bought Wild World and let me play it. Technically I skipped City Folk, but I did buy it a while after New Leaf came out. Don't think I played it much though. Wii controls always kind of bugged me.

I saved up enough money in middle school to get myself a GC, and then traded that up for a Wii. I got Animal Crossing for GC when I got that system, and I loved it. I played it every single day. I had my main character, and then I had three others. I didn't have any friends to play with, though. Every so often, when I was tired of my town, I restarted with a new one.
When I got my Wii, I got my copy of City Folk. I played regularly with two of my school friends, until the servers were shut down. I had so much stuff in my town. I kept the same town all the time I played it, and never restarted it once. With my previous tendency to restart whenever I was bored (I restarted my GC town at least 10 times over the years), I was very proud of my single town.
I skipped Wild World, because I didn't have a handheld system until recently, and I have several friends who play New Leaf. I got it when I got my New 3DS XL. I had a town that I started when I got it, but back in early January I restarted because I just didn't like it anymore, the villagers were ones I didn't like/want, and the map was horrible. Now I've got a much better map, I love my villagers (most of them, some of the others JUST WON'T MOVE), and I love the look of my town. Plus, it's fun playing with my friends. :)

I played Wild World as my first one. I actually don't even remember how it got into my hands or anything. Somehow I had it, and eventually I tried the GC version, but the whole map shifting each section bothered the ever living crap out of me. But since then, whenever that was, I've been playing New Leaf non-stop, or as much as possible when hiatus, and just enjoying it. I love AC, and I hope that they keep improving and adding interesting features. I do hope for new ideas for faces, one day. Or at least a bit more customization for them, maybe. It be nice, but, at least they have the personality quiz at the moment.

But, at the same time, I hope they add villagers that I'd just fall for entirely. I love reptiles, amphibians, and marine life. I'd love to actually see a shark villager. Or something of that manner. I know they have octopus ones, but... At the same time, I... I just really find them the greatest. And I do love the alligators, but I'd be preferable if there were more interesting designs for them too. Drago isn't one of my favorites. He's actually one of my least favorite villagers honestly, and that's horrible for me because Alligators are one of my absolute favorite villager species.

But, I digress, haha.

Back