• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How did you discover animal crossing?

I can't remember how old I was when I first played, but I do know that I got it for Christmas along with my GC. Oh man, I remember automatically getting attached to it. I was so addicted and would play that along with Harvest Moon: Magical Melody almost every day. Other than that version, I haven't played any other AC game until New Leaf. It's great to be able to play again.

I don't want to change the subject, but I absolutely LOVE Harvest Moon!!! Magical Melody was my very first one, I fell in love with it immediately. I've been a dedicated fan of that series ever since <3

I remember back at primary school they had animal crossing wild world in a magazine that I was reading. I had recently purchased a DS and was looking for some more games to play.

The whole concept of living in a town will animals was just way too amazing for me not to buy it ^-^

I was on vacation when I was around 11 or so (2005) and saw the GC version for like 15 dollars in a store. I had never heard of it, but it looked cute and I love animals. So, I picked it up. I remember my Mom asking if I was sure I wanted it and saying that it looked like it was for really little kids. I said yes and she bought it anyway, lol.

The rest is history, and I have played every one since.

I remember my Mom asking if I was sure I wanted it and saying that it looked like it was for really little kids.

It always bothers me when people shrug the game off as a baby's / very young kids' game. Do they not see the obvious + symbol or text that reads "FOR EVERYONE" on the box? Heck, I think that the GCN game and Wild World wouldn't be that appropriate for babies or very little kids due to some of the dialog. lol

It always bothers me when people shrug the game off as a baby's / very young kids' game. Do they not see the obvious + symbol or text that reads "FOR EVERYONE" on the box? Heck, I think that the GCN game and Wild World wouldn't be that appropriate for babies or very little kids due to some of the dialog. lol

Yeah, I don't think she really looked at the box that closely. She just saw the kawaii art style and thought it was for babies, lol.

My husband used to play it with his siblings and last year he made me try the game out.

got acgc for christmas when i was little and i've been playing ever since

I used to rent DS games from my nearby movie store. I saw wild world one day and I liked it so I got my own. Back then I was younger and didn't really understand how every thing worked. So needless to say my towns were not very good lol. I found it fun though, so I only really got into the franchise with new leaf.

Actually, I have no idea. All I know was that I was really into Animal Crossing: Wild World, but it was hacked. So basically, I had a lot of bells on me xD But I was really, really young at that time. Then, I got the Wii and had downloaded Animal Crossing: City Folk, which I just played for a day and stopped. I don't know, I guess the game wasn't really that exciting for me. Then I just came across ACNL, either at Toys-R-Us, or Target.

The first time I saw any flicker of AC was when my friend came over for a week with her gamecube while her parents were on vacation, she said it was important that she checked up on the village or whatever while she was there, but I was totally oblivious to it, playing my own games and stuff I wasn't really interested in it, it looked kind of boring compared to the action games I played on PS so I paid it no mind.

It wasn't until my friend came over playing ACNL that I really took a liking to it. She was playing it while I was on tumblr and we were hanging out, and I heard the music and was intrigued, she showed me around her little town and her little mayor had matching hair to hers IRL and it was really cute, she showed me her little museum and the 3-D function and everything and I was completely sold!

I just started playing ACNL two months ago and it has been the first AC game i have ever played

I played my cousin's copy of Wild World at her house and loved it... when I got home I begged my mom to buy me a copy, and I've bought every game since!

My cousin had Wild World in 2005 when i was 7 or 8 years old so I got a second hand copy for my old ds. I liked it but I never got obsessed with it until New Leaf came out because of the massive development step. Everything was so much better and different!

I had wanted animal crossing GC. but I didn't actually get an animal crossing game until i got ACNL for christmas in 2015.
so now I have ACNL and HHD

I think I was about 8 or 9 when I went to stay at my friend's house and she started playing WW, I watched her play before deciding that it was a game I absolutely needed, so I received WW and I have been obsessed since. Unfortunately my WW town got corrupted so I don't have a save file on there anymore. :c

In 4th or 5th grade, my best friend came over to my house with her DS. She was playing Animal Crossing: Wild World and showed it to me. I thought it was the coolest thing! So for x-mas 2006 I got the game and a DS, and it's been my favorite game series ever since.

My older cousins showed ACWW to me but I didn't have a DS. They gave me their old DS, which was the original model with a broken top screen. Then my dad and I bought the game later on, and the town on the cart was called "Da Bronx" lmao. It wasn't until City Folk that I knew about Gulliver or balloons.

My best friend introduced me to acnl. At first I wasn't interested in the game until I had the sudden urge to decorate items and bought the game.xD

When I was in grade 1, which would have been 2002/03, I went to a friend's and he had a GameCube, so one of the games we played is AC.

Back