Wallopoid
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Ocean Pearl
Dino Plush
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Dino Plush
Clownfish Plush
Which one was your first game? What made you start playing it? I've always been curious about what got other people into the game :)

My first one was Animal Crossing GC. When I was in the fourth grade (2004), I had a friend ask me if I'd ever heard of the game or if I'd played it. I told her I didn't know what it was, then she started raving about how awesome the game was and how I needed to play. She even let me borrow her copy the very next day and "ordered" me to play it as soon as I got home lol xD
I didn't really see what she was so hyped up about at first, cause the game does start pretty slow with the working for Tom Nook, small empty house, etc. But the longer I played, the more I started to get into it. She let me keep it for about a week, until I bought my own copy. The best thing is I didn't lose my progress. Since the Game Cube used memory card for saving game progress instead of the game itself. I've loved it ever since. I named my town on that one vg (basically video game, I didn't know what to name it lol) and my character's name was Carmen.

What's your story? :D

Last edited:
I think I was ten years old when I first played. Crazy. I got the GC Animal Crossing on release day. I'd seen articles for it in Nintendo Power prior to release and I had played the Sims already so I was kinda like, "Sims but with cute animals and a actual town to run around in? Okay."

I named my character with my real name and called the town Wonder. My character and town name has been consistent with each game in the series.

I saw ads for it right before it was released and it seemed cute, so I bought a copy and a 3DS just to play it the day it came out in the US

My sister was playing wild world, and I thought it looked fun. I went to a video game store for a new game and say the gc version. I think I said,"Hey daddy, I remember trinity playing this game!" And I had enough to allowance so I got it. I still have never played wild world XD

I was on holiday when I was like 8 and I made a friend who'd brought wild world and her ds with her. She let me borrow the cartridge for a few days so I could play around on it and make my own little character :) bought it for myself as soon as I got home!

My first copy was the GC one. When I was really young, my family and I had rented a bunch of video games from the store and Animal Crossing was one of them. My sister actually tried it first and told me it was a really good game, so I played it and loved it. We then bought a used copy and I still own it to this day :)

I think I was about 9 or 10 years old when I first got the game, similar to you, a friend told me about the game (Animal crossing wild world) but she did not play it (she did have any console either), she had just seen it in a commercial, so when I saw it on the shelves, I got it :p I have been hard core addicted since then. I take a small break here and there but I always return! Wish I could find my old WW copy though :(

i played the gamecube version first purely on my brother's recommendation, i'd only ever played harvest moon games before then which he had also recommended so i trusted him! (i didn't like violence at all when i was a kid so i usually avoided most games lmao)

in like 2002, my parents bought me it for christmas and my older brother and i spent all night playing it.
he loves to fish and i loved to watch him fish and i always collected the bugs and wrote letters to my villagers but of course back then the letter filter was so strict none of them knew what second grade tae was talking about. :')

and then just this last year, i got a 3DS for my 21st birthday and i ended up buying myself animal crossing NL and i fell in love with it and now i can't stop. it's truly a curse.

I was home with my daughter and my husband bought me AC GC and it was love at first play :)

i actually dont know, i probably sound stupid
well i think i know
my brother just put wild world on my r4 and i got addicted... yeah

I was home with my daughter and my husband bought me AC GC and it was love at first play :)

Ahh. That's so sweet that your husband did that for you.

My son made me play the game cube version. I thought it looked wierd and didn't want to play. He kept insisting, and I'm so glad he did. I was hooked after about an hour.

My brother introduced me to animal crossing years ago. And here I am, shaking tree everyday so furniture might fall down lol
I'm going to thank him for that! :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was on holiday when I was like 8 and I made a friend who'd brought wild world and her ds with her. She let me borrow the cartridge for a few days so I could play around on it and make my own little character :) bought it for myself as soon as I got home!

Wow your friend is very nice, bless her soul!! <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

That is so sweet! Love at first play it is!! :D

I can't remember. I think I just saw it advertised, looked into it and bought it the day it came out.

I didn't even know it existed until 2 years ago. I can't even remember what made me decide to buy it? I really have no idea. I was on a really bad medication 2 years ago that ruined my memory, so I guess it will remain a mystery. All I remember is my brother was home from the military, and we both decided to get it for some reason.

My first game was Wild World. I already had a DS Lite at the time and I kept seeing it in Walmart and Target. I thought the cover was cute. It was still more than a year before I finally ordered a copy from Amazon, using a gift certificate I had. I knew nothing about the game, which is probably why I hesitated for so long. Obviously, I was hooked once I got started! LOL

I've been gaming for a long time. I was curious about Animal Crossing Gamecube when it was originally announced back in the day, but didn't end up buying it for a few years until it went down to about $20 new.

I really wanted to get into Animal Crossing, but I couldn't. I tried with Wild World too. It wasn't until New Leaf that I fell in love with the series.

I remember i always wanted it on the GC , but never got it because my brother hogged the game console all the time. Why waited untill New Leaf is beyond me.

My best friend had the gamecube animal crossing and I thought it was really cute so I think I asked for it for christmas or something like that. I used to play it all the time. I have bought all the other games since then. I spent MANY hours on City Folk because I remember joining Animal Crossing Community and there were so many people using it it was so easy for me to make friends. I was a little skeptical of New Leaf at first because I didn't like how they changed the character models to be taller. Now I love it and I think its so cute! I have probably logged 500 hours in all my Animal Crossing games... lol

Back