• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How did you discover animal crossing?

My first AC game was New Leaf. One of my friends kept posting photos online and talking about it how cute it was. So, I decided to try it and two years later, I'm still hooked.

My first game was CF. I sometimes go on this programming website called Scratch, and people were making games like Animal Crossing. It sounded fun to me, so since I only had a Wii I went out and bought CF.

I usually don't like bumping old threads, but there are new users here now and I'm always curious as to how people got into the series <3

I started playing Wild World when i was around 9, I can't remember the first time I played it, but I guess my parents must've got it for me as a present. I was absolutely in love with the game, and since then I've always loved Animal Crossing!

Back when wild world was the newest game I kept seeing a commercial for it, it was something crazy all I can remember is a person standing on their doorstep and animals walking on the street, and an elephant waving.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh I found the commercial on YouTube, and it's awful lol. Little me loved it though!

pretty sure my sisters introduced me to wild world. i fell in love with it instantly

I remember visiting Walmart sometime around January and going to the electronics part of the store. I saw Animal Crossing New Leaf, and I was like: 'Hmm, that games looks interesting. Maybe I'll check it out from the library.' And behold, one month later I get it for my birthday :)

My first game was ACCF and how I came across it was my dad was coming back from a business trip when I was 5 and he saw it in a store at the airport and bought it because he though I'd love it. It took me 5 years to figure out how to sell things (I tried it once when he got it for me) but then eventually I found out how to work everything and then I joined sites like ACC and TBT to make some friends.

The game cube one was my first. I remember getting the game cube. I think my friend suggested it to me or I found it at the store? I don't really remember hah hah.
My first town was called CrossRd I still have it too. It's the only town I've never deleted. I try to get my town fruit to be cherry when I can since CrossRd had cherries :)

I found a copy of WW laying around (it was my sisters copy, and she didn't really care about it anymore bc she had new leaf) and was a bit intrested. After playing on it for a while, I find out new leaf was a thing

My cousins had the Gamecube one and kept playing KK Slider songs because they sounded funny. I didn't care much for the game at that point but then they got the DS one and the minute I saw the cute villagers I wanted it BAD. xD So I got it haha.

Seemed entertaining when I would see it Online.

Then, I eventually decided to buy it. :)

the first AC game i played was new leaf. i got it for christmas from my parents probably the year after it came out, and i started playing it and fell in love with it right away! as a child though, i went to blockbuster with my parents probably every weekend and i remember seeing animal crossing there! i wanted it so bad but my parents never let me get it lol
now i have the gc version, ww, nl and hhd and it's my favourite game :)

I always knew about it ever since the one on the GC. But, I chose not to play it because I was ignorant at the time. It wasn't until last year that I started to appreciate it. It was an incredible stress reliever compared to the other games that I played at that time. I loved talking to my neighbors. They're all really cute and friendly. Through the dark lord, amen.

I discovered it back in the DS days. I remember in like 2007 or so i saw my brother playing wild world and I didn't seem too interested in it because I never got to play it but then city folk came out and he got that. I started to play it and I grew to love it over the years and played it almost everyday. Soon after my brother got an Xbox and the Wii was stuck in a box for years on end and finally in November of 2016 we took it out again and now it's in my room so I can continue playing it. Animal crossing has stuck to me my whole life and I now have all of the games. Been playing for almost a decade ^^

My first game was City Folk. It was a gift, though I can't remember who gave it to me, and I first played it at my grandparents' house. I loved it so much! I brought it back home and made a new home, and I fully upgraded to Nookingtons, and got all the home upgrades. It was even better when my sister got it too, and we could play together.

New Leaf was my first Animal Crossing. I wasn't sure it'd be my kind of game but I was sold right away when I saw the trailer on E3 2011 (I have my 3DS since launch).

My first game was Wild World for DS, I got it when I was 5 ha ha. I was OBSESSED and played it everyday, then when the Wii came out, I saw they had another Animal Crossing game, which was City Folk. That Christmas after the Wii came out, my parents got me the Wii ( which I still have today lol ) and they pulled out ACCF! I was so happy because I didn't even ask for it, they just knew I liked Animal crossing, so they got me City Folk, which I also played nonstop, and I still do. I even have 2 different towns, one on my Wii and the other on my WIIU XD then when I figured out the Wii could play gamecube games, I went out and got Animal Crossing for the gamecube back in 2009, and played it, and LOVED IT! Then BAM, when I turned 12, I bought myself a 3DS and got ACNL! My first town was amazing, but it got destroyed by my dog and made it unplayable. I was devastated! But I bought a new one and had the motivation to make this town even better than my last. And I did -- my current town Atsukito! I have a huge connection with the AC series and will continue to! AC is my #1 favorite game series!

Last edited:
I can't remember how old I was when I first played, but I do know that I got it for Christmas along with my GC. Oh man, I remember automatically getting attached to it. I was so addicted and would play that along with Harvest Moon: Magical Melody almost every day. Other than that version, I haven't played any other AC game until New Leaf. It's great to be able to play again.

Back