To the guys: Do you like bromance?

Bromance?

• Total voters

HungryForCereal

if it was you I'd never want to leave...
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Pink Summer Shell
Mint
Pavé
not gonna lie but i like having bromance with another guy but not too much as well. do you guys like it or have it?

Last edited:
bromance is so ****ing weird like why u gotta do everything no homo and bro???
i want All The Homo thanks

im not even really sure what bromance is, other than people teasing somebody saying theyre in a bromance. i guess i say No, not the bromance type. am too competitive for that.

Depends what you're referring to when you say bromance.

If you mean just being close buddies with a friend and all, do close bro things together, then sure. If you're referring to non-sexual romance or anything, I don't think I'd be up for it.

The thing is, I actually do the latter with a close friend of mine, but it's mostly just for hilarious purposes, we don't ever mean it. I don't think we'd ever mean it lol.

I don't know about other people, and maybe it's due a lack of my english vocabulary, but the term bromance for me is just a really strong, non-sexual bond between 2 males.
For cultural sake, people are pretty distant from eachother here comparing to others but I don't have any problem hanging out with any of my close buddies. As long as I know they don't have any sexual motive and yes I know that since I wouldn't be hanging out with them that close if that would be the case.
Honestly, when I look the word bromance up and I see all the images, I feel like I totally misinterpretend the word or it's just a cultural thing. I don't have a problem with hugging a friend if the situation lends it for but...not that close?

Bromance? Are we talking...Guy love?

I'm fine with 'guy love'. It's essentially just 'super duper best friends'. If you and your bestest guy friend have ever genuinely been mistaken as a gay couple despite doing nothing even remotely implying that you are, you're probably in a bromance.

I hate anything to do with homosexuality. I'm probably going to get an infraction but they don't bother me c:

...Did 'the gays' steal your tricycle as a kid or something?

Or is it because you are 'one of them' but are afraid to embrace it?

Well i am gay so yeah i sometimes picture myself cuddling with a friend without having a real love relationship. I can imagine why people think that it is weird or inappropriate though!

i love bromance. the only thing that bothers me about bromance is the constant need to remind everyone of "no homo" like bro, your bromance is a little homo. that's okay. because homo is very nice. homo is the absolute key to the bromance.

i totally live for the gay

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hate anything to do with homosexuality. I'm probably going to get an infraction but they don't bother me c:

i mean okay, i guess there's always one hateful bigot anywhere you go.

in all honesty if you really just hate all things gay why would you come to a post where there's more than likely going to be a lot of gay. that just seems counter productive.

Last edited:
The idea that people are SO uncomfortable with anything but heteronormativity, so they have to make normal things, like having a close friendship.."manly" is hilarious.

See also: manbun, guyliner, etc.

did somebody say.... guyliner
tumblr_nn10okQzM31sgx58mo1_250.gif

The idea that people are SO uncomfortable with anything but heteronormativity, so they have to make normal things, like having a close friendship.."manly" is hilarious.

i think the connotation is that bromance is not manly, actually, fwiw..

i think the connotation is that bromance is not manly, actually, fwiw..
I think you're missing the point...
Having a close relationship with a friend isn't meant to be "feminine" or "manly". It's just meant to be....a friendship.
So the idea of having to add BRO to it, just because the friendship exists between two straight males is ridiculous. People are so fragile that they're worried they will lose some sense of manliness by not clarifying that they're heterosexual at all times. Your sexuality has NO correlation with your platonic friendships....nor does sexuality have to do with your clothing/accessory/makeup choices.

Back