• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

<|> The Dark Crystal - RP <|> // Latest Update: 1/11 //

Bells
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
Okay so when the TBT Fire Fest started, I made my story, entered it, blah blah blah. But... I felt so good letting my creativity come through. I used to be in tons of RPs/RPGs on a different site years and years ago (3-5 years ago I think? LOL) and I've written a crapton of random stories, essays, etc. So.... why not make a chapter story, that lasts on forever? :p Well.... I thought maybe I could create an RP on here, since they seem to do pretty well, and also maybe use some of your ideas or things that happen in the RP in my story. Once I get book one or a few chapters done, I'll post in the Museum. Maybe your character will appear in my story?! Who knows. All I know is, I need inspiration from you! So...... here goes...

Once upon a time... there lived a boy. He hated his life. He had no friends, a huge family that all got annoyed by him and grew to not love him, and the neighbor girl, his dream-bae, said "No" when he asked her. His life was over...
One day he goes with his grandpa to his grandpa's pawn shop in a small town. When he gets there, he helps him out and stuff. Well, a lady comes in with a briefcase. In the briefcase? She opens it in front of the old man, and reveals a sparkly purple gem. It's a crystal. A perfectly shaped dark-purple crystal, that seemed to glow and beat rhythmically like heart. So, the boy seen it and thought it was worth a ton. I mean, who wouldn't?! The lady explained it was another artifact she found, and she wanted her "hearts" back NOW. The boy was confused, but continued eaves dropping. Apparently, the crystal takes you to another realm, a realm of gemstones, and that there you live forever. The old man snatched the crystal and threw a box covered in runes and ancient designs at the lady. She took it and with an evil grin, shoved it in her bag and walked out in confident, happy strides.
The boy wanted happiness, so, logically, he took the gem. First though, he knocked out his grandpa with an old cast iron frying pan. Then, he took he crystal, and he looked at it. Remembering the lady's words... "In order to go into the realm of the Dark Crystal, you need to create a portal. Any mirror will work, just touch it to the mirror and recite 'O crystal of power, your darkness transcends light. May you open a portal and fill it with light. Attach a gem to thy soul, and give magic to thee name; once you see, you shall never be the same.' So, remembering the words carefully, he recited them in a big antique mirror, and shoved the purple crystal in it. It made a thump noise, and nothing happened. Then, before he could blink, he awoke in the middle of a forest in front of the same antique mirror. He turned around, and looking in the mirror, he noticed he had something odd in his hands.... instead of the dark crystal, was a large and glowing emerald. It was cut to perfection; its edges sparkled as the light filtered through the forest's leaves. He felt it... and felt magic flow in his veins! It was powerful! Strong. Magical. He closed his eyes, and broke the invisible veil that connected him to the gem's magic, and with a single though, he poofed a magnificent castle. He ran through the timber, and at the edge where it bordered a field, and in the field on the edge of a lake, was the castle. It was made entirely of emerald, and shone brilliantly. Going inside, he declared himself king of the Dark Crystal realm. And, he lived happily by himself... The End.

LOLOL you think that's it? Nope. It can't be. First, you need to know how the gems work, and how the realm works too. Once you use the spell on a mirror, it becomes a portal to the realm. But, the crystal can't go through the portal, so it's still inside the pawn shop, and portals will close within a few minutes of being opened. That should explain the realm.
Now onto the gems... when you enter the realm, it transfers your soul and personality into a gemstone. The gem is usually a reflection on the person. It usually signifies a person's issues and things they need to overcome to become true to themselves too. The gem also houses their soul, quite literally. If the gem is destroyed, the person dies. If the person dies, the magic in the gem is lost, and it crumbles to dust. But thankfully, people don't die easily in the realm, and when they do, their bodies can be regenerated if enough pure magic is sent into their gemstone, assuming it's intact.
Now, onto the magic: each gem also gives each person a certain power or powers. Most gems' powers are trivial, and can range from reading minds, telekinesis, controlling certain things, but can be more powerful, such as endurance, teleportation, or in the case of the kid with the emerald, the ability to poof anything made of emerald.
If, say, the gem were to fall into the hands of someone else, the person whose soul is in it, won't be able to use their magic. The new person who has it, can use it instead. So it's simply whoever has the gem is who can use it, but you must be careful using other people's gems. If you use multiple people's gems at once, it'll create a fusion gem, a new synthetic gemstone that contains mutated powers from all of those who had their magic in it. Their souls are also partially fused during the time of fusion, allowing the fuse-ees to share thoughts. Similar to on Steven Universe. Except these fusions are semi-permanent; magic must be ran through the fusion gem again for it to split apart. So, if you use someone else's gem, always make sure you won't use your own as well with it unless y'all wanna gem a new gem.
One last thing, anything, literally anything is possible in this realm. The limit is your imagination. And the basic gem laws described above.
So, um... that pretty much covers it all. Now that you've read all that, it's time to join this gemmy world! Fill out the form below, and once enough people join, I'll start the RP. We'll all begin in the same forest the boy appeared in, separated, and we must find a way to team up, set aside our difference, overcome challenges, and find the boy with the emerald in his castle. He, along with triad of secret crystal gem girls who were lost hold the key to escaping the magical realm, and returning to reality.

Rules:
~ No god-modding. You can have a powerful gem, just nothing too powerful, or at least limit what you do with it. With great power, comes great responsibility.
~ No small posts. Yeah, I get it, dialogue, that's fine. Just don't do too many of them! It annoys many RP-ers on here, which is why they don't join many RPs.
~ No swearing. Or at least control it to a minimum.
~ Be nice! But... ;) if it's your desire, be evil! Maybe you're goal is different, like maybe it's to take the boy's place and become the new ruler of the realm. Just nothing too drastic.
~ Only one charrie per person so many many people can join. Plus it gets so confusing.
~ Limit a few charries per person to avoid confusion.
~ If you have a bone to pick with someone on here who's RP-ing, PM me your issue. I'll PM them and let them know what to do/what not to do. That way there's no finger-pointing or HE SAID SHE SAID THEY SAID drama.
~ STAY HUMAN. Remember, you're a random person who found the gem (in reality) and accidentally went into the realm. Yes, you can be a mythical beast/creature hybrid or whatever in the realm, but only if you're a fusion gem. And remember, fusion gems have a lot of uncontrollable power + mutations like in Steven Universe, and if you want, you can begin the story as one.

Form:
~ TBT Username:
~ Charrie Name:
~ Gemstone |image required|:
~ Are you a fusion?:
~ Gem power(s):
~ Appearance |image required|:
~ Age:
~ Personality:
~ Other:

~ If you would like a reservation to join, let me know! There's no limit to how many people can be in this, and I can always kill people off later on, so send me a VM if you wanna participate! Members who don't participate much though may end up getting killed off eventually though, so be warned! ;)
~ IMPORTANT: If you do wish to participate, please read all of the posts so you understand what has happened so far, so nothing confuses you.

~ Charrie Name: Zari
content_1335413592.jpg
Sapphire
~ Are you a fusion?: No
~ Gem power(s): The ability to water-bend (Like in the avatar series) and to melt/freeze water or purify it. Sapphire is the stone of knowledge, so he knows more than he will tell. And in rare cases, if true love is involved, he can heal with water as well.
db5d59d51a9a723934af53560e757ad7.jpg
~ Age: 16
~ Personality: Very reserved, although he will talk your ear off once you get to know him. He tends to have anger spurts, and is not afraid to kill people or steal their gems if they don't follow his plans. Otherwise he's nice and polite, and tends to stay out of things.
~ Other: His goal in the realm, is to determine a way to unfuse gems, so he can fuse many gems into a singular one with enough power to possibly open a portal back to reality.
~ Charrie Name: Kyle
9a6e434584a41ce47d488a1a8507b646.jpg

Peridot
~ Gem power(s): Can sense when others lie, but in contradictory, can't lie himself.
f60e8a78c12fd9a3e5acceb6f4269786.jpg
~ Age: 18
~ Personality: Somewhat quiet, can be rude, dislikes conversing.
~ Other: Nope
~ Charrie Name: Alexandra
~ Gemstone |image required|: Rose Quartz
rose_quartz_gemstone_ratnagarbha.jpg
~ Gem power(s): The power of love. It can make any guy want to be around her all the time, and want to be her boyfriend.
tumblr_mp888liVto1qlpnyxo1_500.png
~ Personality: bubbly // logical // sensitive
~ Other: she likes cats
~ Charrie Name: Mizuki
~ Gemstone |image required|: (embedded in wrist)
7rtzoUi.jpg

Moonstone
~ Are you a fusion?: Nope
~ Gem power(s): She can create illusions (that you can even feel, although it'll do no harm) for up to 10 minutes, though it drains her physically and she's exhausted for a short amount of time.
NxthhlM.jpg
~ Personality: Fun to talk to. Loud and outgoing, but is very quiet and closed off when asked to talk about herself, even to the point of hostility.
~ Other: Nope c:
~ Charrie Name: Izabella Stephens
attachment.php

Garnet
~ Gem power(s): Controlling fire
attachment.php
~ Personality: Friendly, wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally unless they hurt her or her friends first, but they can get pretty emotional at times
~ Other: Nothing else, really
Form:
~ TBT Username: Sugarella
~ Charrie Name: Rosalie
New:
il_570xN.763047786_7nqp.jpg

Old:
latest

Lapis Lazuli]
~ Gem power(s): (I think this is too OP) She can control water, make them into different shapes.
large.png
~ Age: 15
~ Personality: shy // reserved // introvert
~ Other: she's bad at starting conversations // also i based her power off of Steven universe
~ Charrie Name: Mari
~ Gemstone |image required|: (embedded in palm)
images
It's a malachite.
~ Gem power(s): (Since Malachite is the stone of protection.) She can form a protective bubble around herself, but the longer she uses it the weaker she gets, until the bubble pops.
bea44abdeb7abe7de8425119f05fe732.jpg
~ Age: 17
~ Personality: Agressive, full of hate to strangers. If you are her friend she is kind.
~ Other: She is very tall. To be exact she is 6'7. She hates herself.
~Charrie Name: Alice
~ Gemstone: Alexandrite
&h=288&w=288&tbnid=LVrjU5uw6uO-WM:&docid=R2lAF2-GkzP6yM&hl=en&ei=608-VuKxH4G2jwPoxIXwBw&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CDIQMygPMA9qFQoTCKLT7feE_8gCFQHbYwodaGIBfg
~ Gem power(s): Can speak to animals, speaking up to two minutes. Can only speak to 3 animals of choice, changing when one dies or Alice no longer wishes to have control over it. Ever.
~ Appearance:
1507122-bigthumbnail.jpg
~ Age: 19
~ Personality: Kuudere, cute, can terrify you if you flick the wrong switch
~ Other: Her parents were murdered at a young age, scarring her for life. Her left eye is red and her right eye is blue. Also, she doesn't have those wings.
~ Charrie Name: Liam Richardson
attachment.php
Oh look a sugilite
~ Are you a fusion: No
~ Gem power(s): Liam's gem's power is prehensile hair. If he wraps someone up with his hair, that person will begin to feel sleepy until they eventually fall asleep. The person won't be able to wake up until Liam lets them go. When they wake up, there is a chance of the person forgetting some things that happened before they fell asleep. However, using this power can make Liam tired, and if he uses it for too long, he will end up falling asleep.
attachment.php
~ Age: 15
~ Personality: Short-tempered, often selfish, doesn't trust people unless he knows them well, and is often mean/rude/often tell lies to people he doesn't know very well. However, once you get to know him he can be quite trustworthy and even friendly.
~ Other: Naaaaah
~ Charrie Name: Alexa
images
It's an Amethyst! :3
~ Gem power(s): She has future vision. Alexa has the power to see possibilities for the future, this doesn't mean she can predict it, she can see what might happen.
q1klOUW.jpg
~ Personality: Shy, quiet, reserved and doesn't like to pick fights. She can be a bit of a Cry baby. She is very kind, and cares for people she may not know that well.
~ Other: She will be important to Mari >:3 She is 5"1.
~ Charrie name: Yasuke
~ Gemstone:
attachment.php

Black snowflake obsidian
~ Are you a fusion?: yes. Originally opal and onyx
~ Gem power(s): can surround area with darkness and can see in the dark perfectly
~ Appearance:
attachment.php
~ Personality: open, a player, emotional, hawt, intelligent, friendly, will beat the crap out of you if you flick the wrong switch
~ Other: (editing later)he has a connection to Alice
~ Charrie Name: Malani Belle
~ Gemstone:
attachment.php
opal
attachment.php
snowflake obsidian
~ Are you a fusion?: yep
~ Gem power(s): Can command anyone close to do something, but only once per day
~ Appearance:
attachment.php
~ Age: 22
~ Personality: Friendly, direct, loyal, loving, deredere, will get on your ass if you screw up, sensitive
~ Other: Yasuke's girlfriend. She went through the portal with him only to awake in not the gem realm or the normal world, but somewhere comepletely different. Like a big sister to alice.
~ Charrie Name: Lief
mukUmIu9T9y7hJqVwXxA_1399232654.jpg

Emerald; it is embedded in his scepter
~ Gem power(s): The ability to generate anything out of emerald, dissolve it, and control it. It is almost impossible to fuse with it into a new gem, since it engulfs other gems when fused and turns them into weaker emeralds.
[animepaper.net]avatar-standard-anime-spiral-kings-of-the-world-[ayumu-narumi]-189526-ala21ddin21-preview-f5ff3ade.jpg
~ Age: Unknown
~ Personality: Unknown
~ Other: Is the current king of the Dark Crystal gem realm, since his gemstone is one of the strongest that was formed.
~ Charrie Name: Luna Stephens
Black jasper
photo_name.png
~ Gem power(s): Teleportation
tumblr_nxpn5hDrbI1uj75gbo1_1280.jpg
~ Age: 19
~ Personality: Normally calm and reserved. She is also very pessimistic and doesn't often see the good side of things. However, she can be more cheerful and outgoing around people she gets along with well, especially her sister who she is very close to.
~ Other: She came to this realm to look for her sister. I'm sure you can tell from her appearance and last name who that is...
~ Charrie Name: Lexis
file_20_20.jpg
~ Are you a fusion?: Nopey nope nope
~ Gem power(s): She can create holograms of herself for a short period of time. c:
green_anime_girl_render_by_unicorn_bbg-d77n1i0.png
~ Age: 17
~ Personality: She's very childish, despite her age. She loves wearing dresses with high-knee socks. She likes to make friends, and makes them pretty easily. She's not shy at all.
~ Other: nawww <3
~ Charrie name: Yunde Sarinaho
SS01_sphere_small_african_jade.jpg
~ Are you a fusion?: Nah
~ Gemstone power(s): Can temporarily swap bodies with another person
~ Appearance:
5228b23eaea521ce42260a22964b1617.jpg
~ Personality: Quiet and often closed off, but has another part of her mind that of which is the complete opposite, popping out unexpectedly sometimes. Also a bit yandere
Other: Is a burn victim, the cause of her wearing a mask. It also slightly damaged her brain.

~ Gemstone:
topaz-london-blue-gem-268933a.jpg
~ Gem Power(s): The ability to bend water and change its temperature (freeze/melt/boil/etc), but is amplified and can be done on a massive scale without getting weak from using the magic
~ Gemstone:
ecomproducts-image-2342.jpg
~ Gem Power(s): The ability to bend water and change its temperature (freeze/melt/boil/etc), but is amplified and can be done on a massive scale without getting weak from using the magic; also can create a protective spiked-bubble that pops once the creator becomes weakened
~ Gemstone:
Fluoriteslabround.jpg
~ Gem Power(s): The bubble from the malachite is stronger and Mari can control it. It has spikes surrounding it again. Alexa now can summon a little bubble that lets her show others possibilities for the future, but only if she trusts you it will work.
~ Gemstone:
attachment.php
Le image of le pink spinel of spinelyness
~ Gem Power(s): The Izzy/Liam fusion's powers are similar to what Izzy's and Liam's powers were before they fused, but of course there are a few changes. Because the two are now fused thanks to Liam's little 'experiment', they can use either Liam's or Izzy's powers, or even both at once. With Liam's powers, the person who has the gem's hair can now either make people sleepy much faster than he could before, or make them forget things. Also, using his power doesn't make them feel tired. With Izzy's, they don't have to touch something with their hand to make something get warm/hot/catch fire. They also don't go insane from using their power too much.

...Yes, Izzy could go insane if she used her power too much. But she's never needed to use it that much, so the worst that's happened to her so far was her randomly giggling.)
~ Gemstone:
rhodonite-gem-255691b.jpg
~ Gem Power(s): Unknown
~ Notes: This fusion is very unstable, considering Rosalie's and Alexandra's colliding personalities, making it only possibly if created using force-fusion.
~ Gemstone:
xsnowflake-obsidian-gem-334071b.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xmWqf10DSU.jpg
~ Gem Power(s): Can make surrounding area pitch black, but being able to see perfectly. Can charm/enchant/hypnotize someone with the user's voice making them do almost anything the user says.
~ Gemstone: Azurite
~ Gem Power(s): Unknown

Active Fusions:
none

Poofed/Shattered Gems:
Emrys / Ruby is poofed, bubbled inside the sanctuary
Unknown / Ruby is poofed, bubbled inside the sanctuary
Lief / Emerald is poofed, bubbled, location unknown
Mizuki / Moonstone has a gem fragment in the dark crystal
Liam / Sugilite is poofed, gem in Izzy's possession

LATEST UPDATE:
~ Lief was hidden away, never to be seen again!
~ The emerald tower was destroyed, releasing all the trapped gems!
~ Zari is back, but something is different...
~ TBT Mafia: The Dark Crystal, Origins is out! Ask for a link to join! c:​

Last edited:
~ TBT Username:<
~ Charrie Name: Marie Chiery (pronounced Mayor-ee Chuh-ear-ee)
blue-labradorite.jpg

Blue Labradorite
~ Are you a fusion?:no
~ Gem power(s): (If this is too OP tell me!) The ability to rewind and stop time. When she stops time, anyone or thing not touching her is frozen. When she rewinds time her hair splits into many strands, and anyone touching her is taken with her. She can only rewind a few seconds, and when it happens, the people from the future replace the old them.
~ Appearance |image required|: [clicky] Her hair comes down to her knees.
~ Personality: Marie is very quiet and socially awkward. She loves her friends, and would do anything to protect them.
~ Other: None!

Last edited:
Lol what confuses you? r.i.p. this is why I didn't wanna make an rpg. I'd give it too much of a story.

I really just don't know what to do, as in..
Powers: I'm not sure what's good and bad
Gem: It's hard to make out what I should be

Don't get me wrong; it's a good roleplay, very creative and looks fun. It's just kinda confusing, that's all.

What kind of RP is this....?

Fantasy. Where I used to RP, you'd see tons of these with longer stories than mine.
lol seems like the RPs on here are uber limited

I'd like to reserve!
Okay! Just post your form whenever and I'll copy it to OP. I'd prefer at least 5 people to join before it begins, but it might be less. If it starts early I'll VM you

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really just don't know what to do, as in..
Powers: I'm not sure what's good and bad
Gem: It's hard to make out what I should be

Don't get me wrong; it's a good roleplay, very creative and looks fun. It's just kinda confusing, that's all.

As far as powers, it's not the powers that make you evil, it's the character and person themselves that use them for evil. Powers can be good or bad, all depending on who uses them.
Gem: any gem you like. Maybe a favorite? There can be duplicate gems in the story too.

Fantasy. Where I used to RP, you'd see tons of these with longer stories than mine.
lol seems like the RPs on here are uber limited

Okay! Just post your form whenever and I'll copy it to OP. I'd prefer at least 5 people to join before it begins, but it might be less. If it starts early I'll VM you

- - - Post Merge - - -

As far as powers, it's not the powers that make you evil, it's the character and person themselves that use them for evil. Powers can be good or bad, all depending on who uses them.
Gem: any gem you like. Maybe a favorite? There can be duplicate gems in the story too.

Finished my form ^o^

~ TBT Username: Sparro
9a6e434584a41ce47d488a1a8507b646.jpg

Peridot
~ Gem power(s): Can sense when others lie, but in contradictory, can't lie himself.
f60e8a78c12fd9a3e5acceb6f4269786.jpg

Last edited:
INCOMEPLETE (iPods are terrible with opening different tabs)

~ TBT Username: Sparro
Give me a moment, iPods are stupid when it comes to tabs
Once again, iPods are stupid

XD I forgot the Age part
I just added that to the form. I knew something was missing.....

Form:
~ TBT Username: Sugarella
~ Charrie Name: Alexandra
~ Gemstone |image required|: Rose Quartz
rose_quartz_gemstone_ratnagarbha.jpg
~ Gem power(s): The power of love. It can make any guy want to be around her all the time, and want to be her boyfriend.
tumblr_mp888liVto1qlpnyxo1_500.png
~ Personality: bubbly // logical // sensitive
~ Other: she likes cats

Last edited:
Back