• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Glitch With Flowers?

wer8888

Minimalist Enthusiast
Bells
Tasty Cake
So I was planting some flowers near my fountain, and one of my villagers Graham comes.
He stood there while I was planting and when I planted a white rose in an empty spot he planted
a red rose right there!

I picked up the red rose and the white one was gone.

:confused:

I've seen it happen before. When you and a villager happen to plant a flower at the same time, only one will exist. It's really cool, actually.

yeah this happened with me once kinda, I had too much stuff in my pockets so i dropped my umbrella (the pretty daisy one from graciegrace)and Colton planted a flower at the same time, and my umbrella was goooone forrreeverr.

It's happened to me before too. The second item replaces the first one, even though both items clip through each other.

Yup, only the second one will survive. seems the villager's flower takes precedence over yours. they can also plant them over saplings, so the best way is to run over the unwanted flower to save the sapling (if its not dead already). i think you should plant your flowers when no villagers are nearby, that ought to work

This happened to me once the flower actually clipped through (it was a red lilly and something else). When i picked up one the other was gone.

I've never seen this happen before in my town.

Maybe I've just been lucky enough to not be around villagers while planting flowers.

Yeah, I kinda had a glitch like this happen not to long ago in my town. I was shaking one of my perfect oranges, and a rotten orange came dropping out. At the same time, one of my villagers planted like a white rose right where the rotten orange was. It was pretty cool ;) a few seconds later, the rotten orange was gone and all was left was the white rose.

yeah this happened with me once kinda, I had too much stuff in my pockets so i dropped my umbrella (the pretty daisy one from graciegrace)and Colton planted a flower at the same time, and my umbrella was goooone forrreeverr.

I would be so mad if that happened omg

This has happened to me before too, I didn't really pay any mind to it (only lost a yellow cosmos), but it was weird. I figured when it happened it was a glitch, but I wasn't sure if it was common enough to find information about. It's quite an interesting little glitch too, may need to be careful planting hybrids with villagers around now, haha. I wonder just how many people have actually lost something really valuable to this glitch, lol.

Back