• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are the best non-permanent PWPs to have?

Coricus

Bells
Switch
4794-7152-2904
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
I think I need some inspiration. What Public Works Projects just liven up any town they're put in?

most uchi pwps tbh... like the bus station, log bench and that thingy w flowers hanging from it lol

also streetlights and at night illuminated pwps (they look real ugly in daylight though)

The lighthouse is probably my favorite. I also like log bench and fire pit (even though I don't have those two things), fountain and windmill.

Lighthouse, hammock, wisteria trellis, fire pit and pretty much all fountains all look very nice, IMHO.

I also like the look of a fountain with maybe street lamps lining it...I have something like that in my town near the train station, and I'm very pleased with how it looks! :)

Signposts are a great idea! You can use them as a warning for pitfall pits, signs for gardens, or guides for your town. Firepit is another good one, outdoor fire!

I like the smug unlockables the most: pyramid, sphinx, black cube and so on. I also really love the snooty unlockables: hot springs, fountain statue. I like the more decorative pwps, as opposed to functional, lol. I am a dreamer!

Depends on the sort of theme you're going for, I'd say. I like the Lighthouse and Windmill quite a bit. The Wisteria Trellis looks awesome too. I put the Camping Cot next to my campsite, and I plan on adding the Picnic Blanket to the area when I get it. I also like stuff like the Tower and Wind Turbine, but they're too modern for the theme of my town so I don't intend on adding them.

The illuminated is my favorite and as mentioned it does look rather hideous in daytime, but a little decor can go a long way and you'll see that at night its absolutely beautiful; I will sometimes just stare for a while as I love my placement haha. Good luck deciding on the PWPs you want or that would liven up your town : )

I like quite a few of the cranky PWPs because they go well with the theme I'm going for in one half of my town. They're stuff like the zen garden, the zen bell, basically all the zen stuff XD

I also like the wisteria trellis and the illuminated PWPs look so pretty at night!

I prefer the normal, snooty, uchi, and peppy public works project. Especially the uchi's picnic blanket and wisteria trellis. Seems my villagers think so too when im talking to them while a public works project is nearby. The illuminated heart/cone is not very eye catching at first to people because they're not seeing it at night, but at night they'd have to take their words back.

I've always picked my PWPs based on what kind of theme I want my town to have. For example, I've used all of the Fairy-Tale themed PWPs because my town was overall themed that way. Honestly, it all depends on what kind of feel that the town will have when people visit in person / or through dream addresses. I personally love almost all of the PWPs that you can use, I just find it al to be situational.

OH there are so many the geyser, the cube sculpture, wisteria trellis, the flower arch, Girl fountain, Zen bell, Stonehenge, Wrought-Iron Bench, and one of my favorites the hot spring! There are some that I absolutely HATE though like a lot of the modern ones-oil rig, wind turbine those types just to me make a town look ugly then again I am more into nature and a zen or fairy tale vibe. I like mixing the two as well. I DO like the modern street lights though but it is about the only modern thing I like.

Last edited:
I love the windmill, despite never having had it in any of my towns. I also love the metal bench and fence :)

I've always picked my PWPs based on what kind of theme I want my town to have. For example, I've used all of the Fairy-Tale themed PWPs because my town was overall themed that way. Honestly, it all depends on what kind of feel that the town will have when people visit in person / or through dream addresses. I personally love almost all of the PWPs that you can use, I just find it al to be situational.

This, this, this. If you're going for a theme, it's best to pick PWPs that surround that theme. Right now, I'm going for a forest-in-fall type deal, and so far I have some street lamps, Stonehenge, a scarecrow, a log bench, stone tablet, and I'm hoping on getting the fire pit soon because that will be super comfy. :3 Anyway, it does truly depend on what you're going for - I don't think that having modern PWPs in a forest town is a particularly good idea. Some things can mix, but not always.

Back