• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do your actions influence which villagers become friends?

CainWolf

Hipster Sheep
Bells
This may be a coincidence but back when I still had deer villagers Whitney seemed to hate them all, especially Beau. She would often talk about how he was a "meanie" or a "couch hog" (such language from a normally refined lady) but then I delivered a gift and they warmed up to each other, they'd say nice things about one another and visit each other's houses. I'm wondering if my choice to deliver that gift is what made them go from enemies to friends or if they would have done that regardless. Does anyone else have villagers who seem to only become friends after you become the middle man for their interactions?

I also feel Drago and Sterling are becoming friends with me being a courier for whatever they have for each other but it's not quite as overt as the drastic change between Whitney and Beau.

Oooh, that is a marvelous question! I don't know, but it sounds like a great theory! Perhaps that is why they set it up that sometimes the gift receiver is happy, other times, unimpressed with their gifts.

Something else has occurred to me, if you talk to the villager who sent you on the delivery afterwards then you have a choice on whether or not to tell them how it went. I wonder if that has an influence on the friendship, like choosing not to mention negative reactions would help or just not change anything? The fact the option is even there seems to imply some kind of effect. Maybe it's like how if you open a time capsule you can either own up to it immediately or keep it a secret, I haven't done it myself but I heard that villagers are more upset with you if you keep it from them.

If this is true, then that means I'll actually have to pay attention to whom I'm delivering to (sigh). XP

Back