• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A few Amiibo-Card Questions

dragonpixies

Protect the buggums
Bells
Do ALL the characters appear randomly or are there some you ABSOLUTELY need amiibo cards to get?

Are you able to use the same amiibo card in more than one game?

I ask because I really really REALLY want the round glasses for my character, but Tortimer is the only one who has them. I'm a lil peeved about it because I read everyone saying that there would be no amiibo card exclusive furniture, but if the guides I was reading were correct and the only way to get Tortimer is through amiibo cards, then that would mean the round glasses are amiibo card exclusive /: /: Unfortunately I don't have the money to collect amiibo cards or it wouldn't be a big deal, i dunno

Last edited:
IIRC there are 6 special characters that can only be attained via amiibo. Isabelle is one of them.

IIRC there are 6 special characters that can only be attained via amiibo. Isabelle is one of them.
no, it's all the special characters, not just a select 6.

Do ALL the characters appear randomly or are there some you ABSOLUTELY need amiibo cards to get?

Are you able to use the same amiibo card in more than one game?
baso all villagers can be obtained by normal gameplay, it's only when you want special NPC characters (ie; tortimer, isabelle, nook, pascal, joan etc), you need their amiibo card

and you can use a singular amiibo card in multiple games

I got the round glasses from someone other than Tortimer. idk who, but it was a normal villager.
The only amiibo-exclusive furniture is the pictures of the amiibo characters, the gold statue, and possibly Isabelle's scooter (has anyone managed to get that from someone other than Isabelle?)

I got the round glasses from someone other than Tortimer. idk who, but it was a normal villager.

Thank you!! This is pretty comforting, that means the guide I was reading was wrong in saying that Tortimer is the only place to get them.

you can use a singular amiibo card in multiple games

Thank you for letting me know all this info! But are we like ABSOLUTELY sure about this part? I can't even find like an FAQ about amiibo cards like there is for regular amiibo, and I can't find any sources saying we can use the same one with multiple games. My bestie is collecting the cards even though he doesn't have HHD, he MIGHT get HHD in the future and I don't want to ruin his cards if it turns out they're loyal to only one copy of the game.

Thank you for letting me know all this info! But are we like ABSOLUTELY sure about this part? I can't even find like an FAQ about amiibo cards like there is for regular amiibo, and I can't find any sources saying we can use the same one with multiple games. My bestie is collecting the cards even though he doesn't have HHD, he MIGHT get HHD in the future and I don't want to ruin his cards if it turns out they're loyal to only one copy of the game.
Yes, because you can trade items to other players by using the amiibo cards. If you scan one into a villagers home, it will pick up their items and if you give it to a friend, when they scan that card in their game it'll unlock those items in that game.
They only read data for the most part, not store it, so there's no reason they can't be used across multiple games.

Last edited:
Only special characters require an amiibo card to decorate their house.

Cards can be used across all copies of the game and some compatable with Mario maker

Thank you!! This is pretty comforting, that means the guide I was reading was wrong in saying that Tortimer is the only place to get them.

They work fine with multiple games. Lots of people have tested it. Specifically a streamer lots of people have watch tested it with 2 different 3ds and has no problems as well as all of us trading have had no problems.

Last edited:
If you'd like some additional comfort about the use of amiibo cards in multiple games, one of Nintendo's commercials shows exactly this. I can't link it directly at the moment, as my work blocks youtube, but you can find a link to it in the amiibo cards section of the FAQ thread. There are a few Qs there that discuss amiibo card sharing.

In addition, supporting Jake.'s accurate statements above, TBT's very own spamurai made a video just a couple of days ago that shows him scanning a card mailed to him by a player in Japan. Not only does this show him scanning a Japanese card into a PAL-region DS (i.e., a UK/EU/AU-region DS), it also shows that he was able to import furniture into his game that the character on the card "saw" in the Japaense player's game.

Back