• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how to gain weight

radical6

stop pming me for collectibles
Bells
Pink Star Fragment
New Horizons Token
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
i saw a weight lost thread last week and i was wondering the opposite question

how the hell do i gain weight

im very petite (5'3 and my weight goes from ~85-95 lbs)

like i can be 95 one week and lose ten pounds in a month

its kinda annoying to deal with and idk what im doing wrong i try to eat three meals a day and eat healthy and i exercise sometimes but most the time im a bum. im not sure why its so hard for me to gain weight

sometimes i do forget to eat, and i go a day or two without eating if no one reminds me simply bc im not hungry and i have no apetite. other days i eat everything and i know this weird eating pattern is bad so im trying to break it but i would imagine suddenly binging out on everything would make u gain weight, not lose it??

like even when i eat junk food i dont gain weight and my friends are jealous i guess but its kinda annoying me because i hate being this bony and i hate my weight suddenly dropping (so then pants or skirts dont fit me anymore)

ive heard i need to eat more protein and i tried that but im still not gaining weight so idk what to do

Eating more food doesn't always make you gain more weight as you found out. Some people just don't gain a lot of weight from eating. Exercising and building muscle can help with that from what my friend told me.

Last edited:
Eat more calories than you burn.

Train yourself up to it. Slowly add on calories. Start snacking more often. Set yourself meal times and abide by them. Plan out dense foods.

Just because you eat junk food doesn't necessarily mean you will gain weight. You aren't eating as much junk food, and probably not as much throughout the day. Your metabolism is also probably a little bit high. It's just a matter of figuring out your calorie expenditure for the typical day and eating more than that. The opposite of losing weight.

To be honest, I'm a 120 pound guy who rarely exercises, and I don't lose any weight at all. It may just be genetics to you, but other than recommending that you should probably eat more calories, I don't know what to tell you. Tell me, what foods do you usually eat?

First of all, make sure you eat every day. 3 meals. Not eating for days is definitely going to make you LOSE weight, even if you binge the next day.

And junk food isn't necessarily going to make you gain weight. Try to eat foods with more protein and fat, like meat (unless you are a vegetarian), beans, nuts and healthy oils. I was able to gain 5 pounds in about two months just by eating an extra 150 calories every day and making sure those calories were healthy fats.

Good luck! :)

i honestly have the same problem, i cant seem to gain any weight and when i do its gone the next day. (or it goes to places which i dont like, like my face)

but over the past 3 years, ive been eating more and having proper meals everyday, and trying to exercise and people have commented how im not as thin as i used to be and look better! i really dont see results but others do.

o and i snacked on a lot of nuts as well and i think that helped ??

Honestly, don't worry about your weight at all as long as you eat healthy and exercise daily.

I think (as other people have said) eating nuts and seeds can help you gain weight. They are full of healthy fats and can also have some health benefits, I believe.

binge-eat all the time, also wake up at midnight to binge eat. you will gain weight fast

Last edited:
You should have been at my parents' house for thanksgiving yesterday - I think I gained like 3 pounds just from the cheesecake.

Basically eat whenever and whatever you can. ;o
And eat until you're more than full every meal I guess.

I used to be just like you but then I started to work out and gained lots of muscle and my appetite went way up
3years ago I was 90 lbs and now I am 106lbs
I hope that you find a solution!!! I used to be just like you so I know what you have to go through

sit/lay around all day and eat nothing but junk food. gaining weight is honestly not hard.

peoples bodies are different tho...what might make u gain weight may do nothing for someone else. bodies with fast metabolisms don't react the same way to just "just eat junk food and sit around lol!"

but honestly, unless ur doctor has told you you need to gain weight i wouldn't worry about it. im about the same height (slightly shorter) and exact same weight and my doctor makes me go in for weight checks every month because of my existing health problems and it SUCKS. as long as you're healthy otherwise it shouldn't be a big deal~

Eat lotsa cake.

I'm probably the same, I can eat all the junk food in the world and not gain weight. All of my friends are jealous though so I guess I shouldn't be annoyed about it.

There's some really f-ing terrible advice in here.

Including "binge eat all the time"

What terrible advice.

First thing you should do is ask a doctor why you can't keep weight on. Get a full physical, including blood tests.

You might have an issue with your thyroid. I'm not sure how common it is, but a close friend of mine had a hyperactive thyroid and couldn't put weight on at all.

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR EATING HABITS WITHOUT TALKING TO A DOCTOR. It's incredibly unhealthy to binge eat junk food. No matter how skinny you are.

Back