• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Anonymous Contest Entries

MozzarellaSticks

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ANN PERKI
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
I think it'd be better if, during events, we got rid of the Share Your Entries Thread. It's a bit obvious people vote for friends. I think it'd be much more fair to have mods pic a SMALL* assortment, and have community vote without knowing who the entry is from. Only after the contest ends can winners be revealed, and anyone else come forward and claim pieces as their own. This would encourage people to vote for the entry they like best.

I know I'm not the first person to suggest this.

*small is relevative to the amount of entries

I agree too, maybe after voting they could come up, and you could post yours. Or just the mods vote!

If someone is only going to vote for their friends, they will probably be asked to vote for it when the poll goes up anyway. So allowing everyone to share their entries doesn't actually change anything. Not to mention that most don't go in the poll.

If someone is only going to vote for their friends, they will probably be asked to vote for it when the poll goes up anyway. So allowing everyone to share their entries doesn't actually change anything. Not to mention that most don't go in the poll.
Unless anonymity is a rule. And enforced.

Kind of like how people can't submit anything old or not their own. They still do, but that entry is removed. Or should be.

Last edited:
hey now, a n00b like me needs to be able to get feedback on the share my entry thread so i dont submit a total clunker...

I don't really think it's that big of a deal. From the past contests I've seen, the winners truly deserved their win instead of say a mediocre entry gaining lots of votes because the user is well known.

I don't really think it's that big of a deal. From the past contests I've seen, the winners truly deserved their win instead of say a mediocre entry gaining lots of votes because the user is well known.
Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say a few winners were definitely not on par with the rest.

I've honestly never thought that asking someone to vote for you will do anything, I think that someone earns it if it looks good and deserves it.

Back