• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Native fruit tree rarity?

Demquas

me? gongaga
Bells
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
October Birthstone (Opal)
Happy Home Designer Token
I've been wondering this for some time now. Is there a rarity to the native fruit tree you get? I was looking in the shop here and saw that apples are the rarest collectables. Does this have anything to do with the games or is it just for the shop?

I think that there's an equal chance at getting any of the fruit in the game. The collectible rarity is completely unrelated ^^.

There is a 1/5 (20%) chance to get any fruit :blush: Apples are the highest priced because it is the most popular one :)

Last edited:
Funny how there's an even chance, I've had three different NL towns and they've all had oranges ._. My brother also has oranges.

Last edited:
Funny how there's an even chance, I've had three different NL towns and they've all had oranges ._. My brother also has oranges.

Wouldn't you want a different fruit other than oranges? Or was the map too perfect to reset? :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

There is a 1/5 (20%) chance to get any fruit :blush: Apples are the highest priced because it is the most popular one :)

Well good thing I have apples as my native fruit :3

When I was resetting for a new town, it was just utterly random which fruits would be native, so I don't believe there is a specific rarity.

Even though I know it's even, I've had about 6 animal crossing worlds and about 4-5 of them have had pears as the native fruit.

At least my native fruits are cherries. In perfect form, they're red-orange-yellow! My favorite color scheme.

(Woah what are you guys doing here on this 2 year old thread?)

But anyway, that's pretty odd that you guys have the same native fruit throughout all the games.

On the Gamecube AC I had peaches and thought they were the only option, I was so shocked when I saw other fruits! Since that town, including when I played the Gamecube version on an emulator on my laptop quite recently, I've only ever had oranges. Not that I mind! I love oranges. The only fruit I wouldn't want as my native would be pears.

The real question here is why the pear is so underappreciated. Pears are better than apples, alright. Although, I would prefer my native fruit to be oranges.

i love cherries but i love my peaches a lot.
my roommates name was peaches and she got peaches, but reset and had apples. i giggled

I never even thought about fruit preference until I joined this forum. My town of Ravena is surrounded by perfect pear trees and I think they look really nice. I remember being surprised that there were pears in the game lol. But to answer the question, I have mostly always gotten oranges in my towns, which is interesting considering I actually live in an orange-producing area irl.

First town was pear, briefly had orange then reset and got peach, third town, apple... Do you think I could get cherry if I do another? Odds seem favorable.

I know it's random, but in my sixteen towns, only two of them are cherries. Most spawned apples or peaches. But again, I think that's just relevant to the maps I chose. If I had chosen the first map, I might have spawned more cherry towns.

Back