• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

When did you start going online?

Hmmm, I think I started going on online communities when I was about 10-11. It was the late 90's, that's all I remember.

When I was 10, had a deviant art and a Pokefarm account, rocked those for a long time

forth or fifth grade? When my grandmother got me a magazine with AOL 7.0 with it. I popped it in and got online in short order. Really pissed off my grandfather because he didn't want the internet. When the free 30 days was up I was in trouble. D:

I was probably between 8-10 years old? I think. I was on Yu-Gi-Oh! forums and Neopets. xD

I must've been 7 or 8. That was around when I started playing Moshi Monsters and Club Penguin, no idea which came first. I remember listening to the Moshi Monsters music videos and discovering YouTube. I started using YouTube to listen to Moshi Monsters songs XD. I was a weird kid. XD

Twelve. My first time using the internet was in an ICT classroom. My parents begrudgingly started letting me use it at home as it became essential for homework, and while I browsed BBS and forums I didn't join any until I was thirteen.

11 or 12. Maybe have been younger, but that's around the time I started joining forums and stuff.

Around the time when ICQ was a thing, but was close to the transition to AIM.
...kudos to anyone who knows what "ICQ" is/was. ;p

If you're asking about forums...I don't think I joined any forum until WoW (vanilla) first came out. I never really got serious with any forums until joining (and eventually being promoted to a moderator) of a YuGiOh roleplay site, as well as the early days of Virtual Hogwarts.

I do remember Neopets, but I never got involved in the forums cause I heard horror stories from my friends about them.
I mostly just played the mini-games (especially the Conundrums puzzle game...is that even still around?).

I think when I was 12 or 13 or so? It's been so long. I was on a forum with chat rooms, but I completely forgot what it was. I also played a really popular online game which is dead now, and I forgot about that too.
I've been emailing though since I was 10-12 or so, but I don't know if that counts.

I think TBT was my first forum that I started regularly visiting :s
So whenever my join date was

- - - Post Merge - - -

Almost 7 years ago oh jeez

In second grade I started playing on the McDonald's website... I didn't go online a whole lot until the fall of third grade, though (2009). I joined Bearville, Club Penguin, Moshi Monsters, Stardoll... basically any gaming site.
Started joining forums when I was 11.

Back