• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Plot resetting on a new game with only 5 villagers?

daynapapaya

llama llama duck
Bells
Switch
7339-9283-7403
Winter Mittens
I just got a new cartridge today because apparently I am insane. Anyway, I'm really really pleased with my new town map, especially villager house placement--Diana, Margie, and Walker's houses are all in a perfect row in an area of the map that is separated from the rest of the map by a river. The two other villagers (flip and pattie, who I'll be moving out) all have houses outside that area.

So, I'm wondering, how should I go about making sure all the villagers that move into town build their houses in this separated area? Will I just have to create a new character every single day on the off-chance that a new villager has moved in? Or can I log in as my mayor at first, and if a new villager has moved in, can I quit the game without saving and *then* plot reset?

I'm new to this whole plot-resetting thing so any advice is appreciated. I'll try to post a picture of my town map soon!

Until you get eight villagers, you get a villager to move in every other day.
Day 1: Five villagers
Day 2: Five villagers + 1 plot
Day 3: 6 villagers; one moving in (in boxes)
Day 4: 6 villagers + 1 plot
Day 5: 7 villagers; one moving in (in boxes)

and so on and so forth.
After that, it's random when someone new will move in, but after 7 days with no move-ins, someone will definitely move in.

Also, once you play as an already existing character, everything is set in stone for that day, so don't play as your mayor until you're pleased with the layout.

Also, once you make a new character to find the plot with this is how it should go:
1) Make character and find plot
2) If you're happy with the location, talk to Isabelle in the town hall and set up your tent. If you're not happy with it reset (home then x button).
Keep resetting until the plot is perfect.

I hope that was clear enough ^^'

^ that's really useful

im not sure why you would want to plot reset for randoms though, if I were you, I would just get my dreamies first and then plot reset. Unless you want just randoms, then plot reset everyday, but I would just play normally until I can buy my dreamies from someone.

yeah like koalakitty said

also keep in mind that every time you reset when you get a random move in, it will be another villager so it's not like normal plot resetting.

@lencurryboy; in my 2nd when I was down enough villagers that I was placed in the "entering phase", I would plot reset until I'd cycle through villagers til I found one I liked. It was when the game picks a single personality it feels you lack and tries to fill that void. I guess it's less plot resetting and more personality cycling :B but it's helped me get a few of my dreamies for free when I didn't care where they moved in.

Back