• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Will we be able to use the amiibos from amiibo Festival on HHD?

aliendeallstar

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Does anybody know if we can use the amiibos from amiibo Festival on HHD?
Will it work just like the amiibo Cards?
For exemple: if I use Isabelle's amiibo on my 3DS, will I be able to call Isabelle and design her house?

Probably not, but it might unlock the golden statue like the Villager amiibo.

the amiibo will be compatible with HHD as they game is listed with their compatibility on the amiibo site (the Japanese one anyway), but it doesn't say what it'll do.

My guess is they'll work the same as the cards.

the amiibo will be compatible with HHD as they game is listed with their compatibility on the amiibo site (the Japanese one anyway), but it doesn't say what it'll do.

My guess is they'll work the same as the cards.

Yes they will, but since amiibo have a one game storage capacity you'd have to erase the data if you wanted to use it on HHD or vice versa.

Yes they will, but since amiibo have a one game storage capacity you'd have to erase the data if you wanted to use it on HHD or vice versa.

Not true. The amiibo in HHD don't store data and only read it, so you wont need to erase any data. Unless you want to store items on them (which I think writes data, but I could be wrong), there's no need to erase the data since HHD only reads the chip number to call in the character.

I don't think the cards would write data in amiibo Festival anyway, therefore it's probably not even an issue. Nintendo knows that people will be using cards between the games anyways, so I'm sure they would design the usage in a way where it doesn't become an issue.

EDIT: Whoops never mind looks like I misinterpreted this as being about cards, not figures. Some of what I said applies anyway though.

Not true. The amiibo in HHD don't store data and only read it, so you wont need to erase any data. Unless you want to store items on them (which I think writes data, but I could be wrong), there's no need to erase the data since HHD only reads the chip number to call in the character.

They can store data, you can save homes and register owner info, as well as items. Those chips might be ultra tiny, but they do work :)

Last edited:
I'm guessing they will at least do something with HHD, and I hope it's letting you actually design their homes (Isabelle would be even more popular amiibo figure then though). But if that is the case, considering a few of the amiibo don't have cards even announced yet (Mainly Cyrus) we'd be getting a sort of 'early access' to designing their homes, since he'll probably get a card eventually anyway.

I have a feeling that any of the AC Amiibo figures intended for Amiibo Festival will unlock their homes in HHD.

If that is true, Isabelle will be really popular. Right now her cards are selling for 15+ US dollars on eBay, more for the special magazine Japanese Isabelle.

Isabelle and Digby come with the bundle of Amiibo Festival so I think some people will be getting the game just so they can have Isabelle!

They can store data, you can save homes and register owner info, as well as items. Those chips might be ultra tiny, but they do work :)

I never said the chip data was ultra tiny and thus couldn't store data? I only said the majority of the core uses in HHD only read data. And even if an amiibo has written/saved data on it, you can still use it in other games, providing it's ready only.

Last edited:
A little opposite of the topic, but does anyone know if the Villager Amiibo works with Amiibo Festival? Or if you can play as him on the board game, more specifically

image.jpg

I've placed the Isabelle amiibo with HDD loaded, so I can confirm that you can call NPCs this way as well. I already had her card and built her house, so she recognized me.

A little opposite of the topic, but does anyone know if the Villager Amiibo works with Amiibo Festival? Or if you can play as him on the board game, more specifically

Nope, we tried! It recognized him but said the The Vilager could not play this game.

However there is a menu of lots of human villager/mayor designs you can select to play as if you don't have enough amiibos, his design might be on there.

I've placed the Isabelle amiibo with HDD loaded, so I can confirm that you can call NPCs this way as well. I already had her card and built her house, so she recognized me.

Do you know if you can use amiibos that you don't have amiibo cards of to design houses?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Alright, guys, so I did a little research and tried scanning my amiibo.

The three amiibo cards were able to scan successfully. I already made a house for Goldie, but Stitches and Rosie worked as well.

I scanned the Isabelle and Digby amiibo, and they worked successfully as well. Isabelle appeared in her winter outfit, though.

I just used the Isabelle amiibo to redesign her house -- she changes into the winter outfit like on the amiibo! The summer outfit is no longer an option (but I'm sure I can switch back by calling her with the card). It worked exactly like using a card so I'm sure if you didn't have her card it would work perfecty.

Back