amiibo Festival Something that kills me is...

EpicMeli

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Small Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
User Title Color Change
That they CLEARLY took the time to develop the graphics, and got it to work on the WiiU, characters, land, trees, houses...

Why couldn't they have just programmed a USUAL animal crossing game? That they must already have some programming for as they've done it for years now?? And why did they waste their time on a spin off, when they could have put the spin offs coding/features into the WiiU game?

:(

It's probably the case that they are developing a new Wii U AC game, and they've developed the graphics and character models enough. While they're creating the rest of the game, they decided to put together a spinoff game as a break from developing the main title. This not only doesn't take much effort, but it allows them to create AC amiibos and to make a new game to tide over AC fans until their next big release which will hopefully be soon.

Or at least I hope that's the case.

I'm not sure that much work really went in the graphics as it might first appear. The game looks very clearly like a higher resolution version of New Leaf's style, at least to me. Look at all of the characters, public work projects, buildings, flowers.. anything. For the most part they look identical or very similar.

to me it looks like they took as much time to make this as mario party 10. and all the villagers had their models already made before for the ac plaza which I believe was made to promote new leaf? I'm not sure about special character models though. I never downloaded the plaza and only knew about it after it already got shut down

^The pile of green leaves is new. *Gollum dances*

Anyway, we already knew they had all the HD models because Animal Crossing Plaza came out like 2 years + ago. Also after E3 Nintendo made a point of saying they didn't announce any games that weren't coming out in 2015. Though Starfox got pushed back, and LoZU was stated to not be shown for this reason. Though I think those 2 delayed games are the only things slated for a 2016 release right now, and considering 2016 is in 3 months I think this says they just don't want to announce anything right now.

.Also, a nintendo representative was asked why there was no new mainseries games for Metroid or AC, but both had side games coming, and his reply was, "The next Metroid main series game will have to be on the NX as no work is being put towards it at this time." And he completely ignored AC, almost as though he couldn't say it wasn't being worked on.

And this is in white because I've been awake for too long to cite things, so I'm hiding it, but I still want to make my point. And this is the best solution my eyeballs-open-for-more-than-30-hours state of being could think of.

Last edited:
The assets have existed since Animal Crossing Plaza came out two years ago, and for all we know they've could reused the assets from the Mario Kart 8 stage too.

I hate repeating this but half of the Animal Crossing dev team was busy with Splatoon and I believe they should take their time with the next game unless you want New Leaf HD and the situation repeating itself.

Last edited:
I don't think there is going to be a AC for WiiU, New Leaf still sells pretty good for a 3 year-old game, plus now we have HHD, a main series WiiU game would kill them both for good, plus the WiiU base is not good at all, most people with a WiiU are hardcore Nintendo fans, while AC has lots of casual (or at least "non-gamers") players.

The assets have existed since Animal Crossing Plaza came out two years ago, and for all we know they've could reused the assets from the Mario Kart 8 stage too.

I hate repeating this but half of the Animal Crossing dev team was busy with Splatoon and I believe they should take their time with the next game unless you want New Leaf HD and the situation repeating itself.
Why does everyone think it was so much of the AC team?!?! It was only ten people.

it lookes ok. But i agree, there really isnt any need for a wii u ac. i like the portable idea and a really hope they make one for the next portable system that comes out. Just my thought.

I guess that it is because they wanted develop the amiibo cards and figures and their features. I honestly don't mind waiting for a full game (LOZ has taught me patience) and I'm not entirely sure why everyone hates it. it's a good thing that they're taking their time, and if you're disappointed by the spin offs- at least you're not being disappointed by a full AC game. the graphics and gameplay are only going to get better, the fact is they weren't ready to release it yet, maybe they needed more money or more time but either way I'm still excited for AF. I feel like people are underestimating it.

Back