• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

poll: what is your favorite aspect of ACNL?

what is your favorite aspect(s) of ACNL?

• Total voters

King Dorado

you can do anything
Bells
Rebel Gnome
Fossil Easter Egg
Ladybug Easter Egg
Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
and please explain why!

mine was initially fishing and bug-hunting, but right now its definitely trading online.

I love the fishing, and the island bug catching

I love fishing because i love to do it in real life, but this gives me even more chance at catching different fish than i would in real life.

I also love the island bug catching because i can spend hours just catching the right bugs and come out of it about 400,000 bells richer, and this helps me to save up to get the post set.

I'd have to say growing flowers, especially breeding for hybrids. Idk why because I actually hate gardening in real life haha. It's just so addicting to me, I'm currently trying to get blue roses and purple pansies, though I'm struggling. Hopefully I'll manage to get them later in the future. :)

Designing stuff, letting people visit my town, visiting other people's towns, making Bells...

There's a lot of stuff I like to do in AC:NL. It's so much easier than in the older games.

I'd have to say growing flowers, especially breeding for hybrids. Idk why because I actually hate gardening in real life haha. It's just so addicting to me, I'm currently trying to get blue roses and purple pansies, though I'm struggling. Hopefully I'll manage to get them later in the future. :)

yes- im enjoying this aspect now too, i'm kind of a late bloomer (heh) to the gardening scene. i too have grown it all so far except still trying to grow my own purple pansies, blue roses ,gold roses, and white carnations. but i have traded for a bunch!

Yeah trading online is the best! I love doing giveaways/selling items people really want & are looking for!

I noticed you didn't put up dream address visiting, if you did that's what I would have voted! After a town is complete, I love sharing the dream address and seeing other people's town by visiting their dream addresses! I can take however long of a time I want wandering, exploring their town!

I put in soo many things lol.......

I also love talking to my villagers and helping them out with stuff they need help with

I picked several-designing my town of Caprica was the highlight initially. I am very proud of it. I also love trading online, growing flowers(as apparent by my Caprica town, so many hybrids I have.) Helping others is a big part too, getting all my cat dreamies for two of my towns. There are so many aspects to it. Also QR codes. I am addicted to them. I don't design them but I love other peoples designs. I can't ever get enough. Meeting others online and seeing there towns. There are so MANY aspects. I could never pick just one.

Fishing! It's always been my fave in this game, I can do it for hoooouuurs. There's something so satisfying about it. I hate fishing irl tho. A close second would be house design, but of players not villagers. Town design I do a lot but not because I like it, because I want to fish and play in a town that looks nice haha.

I mainly love designing towns and interiors because I am very creative and I find ACNL a really good game for me to use my creativity in. But I also love earning medals and making lots of bells so I feel like I am trying to achieve more than just making a town and interior that I can be proud of.

I love sitting with the villagers on a bench and enjoying the sunset. Time to sit, enjoy the view and let everything else wait.
Most of my benches are around flowers so I get a nice view.

Designing clothing as I don't really have many ideas for my town. If I'm not designing clothes then "gotta move (in) them all" and obtaining/kicking-off different villagers is my second favourite past-time in the game ^^

Last edited:
I noticed you didn't put up dream address visiting, if you did that's what I would have voted! After a town is complete, I love sharing the dream address and seeing other people's town by visiting their dream addresses! I can take however long of a time I want wandering, exploring their town!

I meant "Visiting other towns" to encompass dream addresses and "awake" visits- i shoulda put that in the description

I put in soo many things lol.......

I also love talking to my villagers and helping them out with stuff they need help with

i almost put hanging with villagers in there as a separate category

I love sitting with the villagers on a bench and enjoying the sunset. Time to sit, enjoy the view and let everything else wait.
Most of my benches are around flowers so I get a nice view.

just relaxing in the game woulda been another nice category!

Last edited:
Too much to list! Breeding hybrids and decorating the different parts of my town with hybrids and other things are a lot of fun. I've only used a single decorative pwp (the custom pattern sign post) and I'm still enjoying planning and making and redoing paths!

Beetle catching has become a chore for me, so I tend to only do it with other people, and fishing I was too impatient for to even do in Wild World, but sometimes I enjoy doing it a little.

Also creating different little themes and dark hidden backstories in my town is fun, so eventually when people visit or dream it, they'll get inklings that will give them an idea of the character's pasts and also near futures.

This might sound sappy, but I love just being with my villagers and chatting. My most favorite thing is sitting with them on a bench or chatting with them while they are relaxing on a tree stump. Just being with them. And I have been playing every day since the first US release. I just find it very relaxing and wonderful.

Back