• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

[FAKE] Old E-reader animal crossing cards may work with Happy Home Designer

Aria Nook Violet

Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Red Lily
Timmy Christmas Doll
Father's Day Carnation
April Birthstone (Diamond)
20 Envelopes
So someone in tumblr posted this video. Go here to check it out. Chief isn't yet available as a amiibo card so this couldn't be fake right? It seems pretty legit to me that e-reader card work with animal crossing: happy home designer.

Umm. Chief is a wave one amiibo card, so of course. He/She had to have that e-reader card of Chief and open the card to put Chief in there and thoroughly close it so no one would suspect that it's been ripped and uploaded the video to trick people.

ITS AN IMPOSTER! But that's what I think.

It looked like when they went to tap the card on the screen they put the new amiibo card under it because they were holding it kinda weird so they didn't drop the bottom card

Last edited:
Doubtful that actually is real. For them to use the same sort of thing that they put in both cards just doesn't really make sense.. why would they still be held back from like.. 2002 or so? Also, I'm just sayin' ~ I have NEVER heard of Animal Crossing E-Reader cards. I've heard of Pokemon ones and such, but never this..

I'm calling it doubts until we see a villager that's activated through a e-reader that doesn't have an amiibo card yet, or is a villager that only appeared in the gamecube titles.

The only way this would've been believable is if he'd held up the card, flipped it to show front and back and immediately placed it over the reader without taking it off-screen. The whole display-then-take-offscreen-then-bring-it-back thing screams fakesies, coupled with the fact that, as mentioned above, there's a Chief amiibo card in series 1.

It's literally not possible for this to work as the e-Reader cards were not scanned using any technology even close to NFC, plus the oddities of the videos that others have pointed out. Updated the thread title accordingly. I'll give them props for a neat idea for a joke video though.

All this reminds me of another video that did the exact same thing. Or its just me.

Doubtful that actually is real. For them to use the same sort of thing that they put in both cards just doesn't really make sense.. why would they still be held back from like.. 2002 or so? Also, I'm just sayin' ~ I have NEVER heard of Animal Crossing E-Reader cards. I've heard of Pokemon ones and such, but never this..
Those cards were a fun idea, but they didn't add a whole, whole lot to the original game. Probably why they weren't too famed.

I love eReader cards and have the full set, but I can say this is fake without even watching the video.
I'm going to watch it out of curiosity, but I'm pretty sure NFC technology wasn't even invented in 2001/2002. Let alone the fact the eReader cards don't even have any chips inside. They are scannable barcode and could only be read by an eReader itself.
If the creator of the video was clever, they'd of taken the NFC chip out of the card and put it in side of an eReader card to make it more realistic.

So someone in tumblr posted this video. ...

What they did, was transfer Chief's Amiibo Data to a blank NFC tag, then, they probably printed out the E-reader front/back images and put it all together.
It's not all that hard to do, you just gotta find the data and programs, and, well, have something that can transfer data to a blank NFC tag. My friend showed me how to do it with her phone. Well, a least the surface info. I'm not very savvy with the coding behind it. I just know that it can be done, and it seems very easy, you just need the bin files, and they're all over the internet.

Also- I could have sworn I had an account on here at some point. Oh well, I made a new account if I did, and if I didn't have an account already... well, I do now, haha.

Last edited:
This is interesting to see, definitely not possible though.

No, it's possible.
What you have to do is order blank NFC tags, and use a program to input the character's data to the NFC tag, then, you can print up a fake card around it (the image) and just glue it together. My friend and I have been doing this to get the cards we don't have.

And it's not illegal, if it's only for personal use. Like- obviously don't do this then sell them THAT is a violation.
Plus, most likely, I'll still buy some cards to get my favorite characters, just as a collectors thing.

Back