• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Box Art + Bundle Art Revealed

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
r3HLfzE.jpg

WNoSmKH.jpg

for those wondering, this was the old box art

IHBNEUN.jpg

It also seems that the cards coming packaged with the bundle will be exclusive variant cards of Rosie, Stitches and Goldie

CPTuW6RWwAAnZJi.png

http://nintendoeverything.com/updated-animal-crossing-amiibo-festival-boxart/

I bet 100% people are only going to get this game just for the amiibos AND those amiibo cards. Without a doubt. But that is very nice.

I like the new box art a lot more, although I wish Roald was still on the newer version! On the cards, it looks to me like all of the characters are wearing something on their head, possibly a lei, related to the island escape mode?

I bet Nintendo purposely made cards of those 3 because they are somewhat popular and people will buy the game just to get them

I'd buy the game to get the cards, but I have no wii u
*crys 5ever*

Last edited:
I bet Nintendo purposely made cards of those 3 because they are somewhat popular and people will buy the game just to get them

I'd buy the game to get the cards, but I have no wii u
*crys 5ever*

Well I think they almost had to use popular villagers, if it was packaged with cards of villagers such as Jambette, Truffles and Rocket I don't think anybody would be happy about it.

Well I think they almost had to use popular villagers, if it was packaged with cards of villagers such as Jambette, Truffles and Rocket I don't think anybody would be happy about it.

well they are packaging digby with it so I wouldn't have been surprised

The new box art looks great, the bundle will surely selling very well,
I think Animal Crossing fans who like to collect would buy it even without having a Wii U.

Exclusive variations? Does that mesn you can only get those three villagers with that bundle or can you buy them through the packs?

Exclusive variations? Does that mesn you can only get those three villagers with that bundle or can you buy them through the packs?

well given the use of the word "exclusive" I'd assume it's bundle only

well given the use of the word "exclusive" I'd assume it's bundle only

It said variations so I was guessing that they made a different version of the card for those three villagers, similar to how there are more than one Isabelle card.

It says Digby is limited on the bundle so hopefully there'll be a cheaper version with Isabelle amiibo and cards only down the line which I might get.

Also looks like that island/raft mode might be quite large as it appears on the box and has the amiibo cards dedicated to it. Looks to me like they are wearing explorers hats or sun hats or something.

It said variations so I was guessing that they made a different version of the card for those three villagers, similar to how there are more than one Isabelle card.

Yes, the variations of the cards can only be obtained through the bundle (like Isabelle variation through the magazine), but the regular cards can be obtained via the packs, just like Isabelle.

I was joking to my husband that it would be nice if the bundle for this game included a Stitches card. Could hardly believe it when I found out yesterday it actually does. Stitches is my favorite <3

here's a closer look a the exclusive cards

tumblr_nvis47IqCH1s1lku3o1_1280.png

honestly I'm not a huge fan of isabelle's winter look (aka, the yellow sweater). I prefer her summer clothes. I did not do my research on amiibo (not a huge fan of amiibo), but I wonder if her other look has a different amiibo figure??

honestly I'm not a huge fan of isabelle's winter look (aka, the yellow sweater). I prefer her summer clothes. I did not do my research on amiibo (not a huge fan of amiibo), but I wonder if her other look has a different amiibo figure??

her other look is in S1 of the amiibo cards (where her winter look is in S2).

With that said, all the amiibo figures revealed so far all have costumes in Super Mario Maker, even the four announced today. There are a few other AC amiibo costumes left over in SMM, being Timmy, Tommy, Rover, Kapp'n and Summer Isabelle - so it's entirely possible those will be the Wave 3 figurines.

I have pre-ordered two copies of the Animal Crossing amiibo Festival bundle with the Isabelle amiibo and Digby amiibo. :D

I have pre-ordered two copies of the Animal Crossing amiibo Festival bundle with the Isabelle amiibo and Digby amiibo. :D

Thanks for the alert, I just pre-ordered it, too! Lucky that amazon has already listed it.

Back