YO-KAI WATCH

I've never had an interest in pokemon. Should I still try this game? From what I saw, its very similar to pokemon ._.

I've never had an interest in pokemon. Should I still try this game? From what I saw, its very similar to pokemon ._.

If you're going to pick any of the two I'd strongly suggest Pokemon over this game.

Yokai watch feels as though one of its main influences was the pokemon series, and pokemon is fairly straightforward to understand.

I can't say the same for this game, since I haven't played it and have only seen a slice of it during its advert.

Was planning on picking this game up for Christmas... is it good? I know it's made by the same people who made Fantasy Life which is what got me originally interested, but the commercials I've seen make it seem like it's more for kids.

Haven't watched any streams though since I'd rather not spoil it if I do get it.

Was planning on picking this game up for Christmas... is it good? I know it's made by the same people who made Fantasy Life which is what got me originally interested, but the commercials I've seen make it seem like it's more for kids.

Haven't watched any streams though since I'd rather not spoil it if I do get it.
Almost all Nintendo commercials suck. The gameplay for Yo Kai Watch is actually very fun. You should get it!

Also it's gotten game of the year in Japan multiple times, so that's a good sign.

The commercials are worse than the Splatoon's Squid Kid.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd say try Pokemon or Fantasy Life first, if you like those you should like this game.

People are forgetting that there is a demo for Yo-Kai Watch!
If you aren't sure about buying the game, try out the demo first. I decided to buy after playing the demo for 10 minutes. It has a lot of potential.

Played the demo last night. It was... alright I guess. The concept is interesting but the whole thing seems rather complicated. Having to search everywhere and do all these things in battle... it was too much for me lol.

I might still get it if it ends up being a massive world you can free-roam, but the demo didn't really help my decision.

Probably going to go get it today with my friends.
If I can't I'll try to get it on the weekend.

My full review of the game is up now for anyone interested. Link is in my signature.

Nice! It definitely looks like it's worth a shot. I won't be able to get it for a while though. I'm buying two games this month and paying off a pre-order the next. Nintendo is wrecking my wallet.

My full review of the game is up now for anyone interested. Link is in my signature.

Thank you so much for the review, Justin! <3 I think I might end up buying this game when it comes out in Europe. It looks like something I might enjoy even though at the same time it looks complicated, LOL.

Got the game this morning, i am loving it
Still getting used to the battle system, things keep changing lol

I hope we can get the sequels in the future..

Back