YO-KAI WATCH

I'm mixed on Yo-Kai Watch. Yokai myths are pretty interesting and the premise of the game is pretty neat. I watched some gameplay and it didn't really do anything for me. I'll need to hear a lot more about it before I decide on whether I'll actually buy the game or just look on the Internet to see all of the unique designs.

Try the demo!

I'm mixed on Yo-Kai Watch. Yokai myths are pretty interesting and the premise of the game is pretty neat. I watched some gameplay and it didn't really do anything for me. I'll need to hear a lot more about it before I decide on whether I'll actually buy the game or just look on the Internet to see all of the unique designs.

I have no doubt that the anime is better than Pokemon though. It is not a high bar to be a better anime than Pokemon, considering nothing ever happens in the Pokemon anime. The characters, settings, and creatures may change but the story never really progresses to any meaningful degree.

I might check out the Yo-Kai Watch anime even if I don't end up totally interested in the game.

I don't really care for the game, but I love the anime! I've seen every episode released here in Japan. I can't say anything about the dub, but the original is pretty hilarious. Definitely give it a try even if you don't go for the game.

ive been so excited for this game for a long time it looks amazing,

really tempted to import from australia since europe doesn't have a release date yet

just pre-ordered an import from australia

it worked out at around ?30!; which is probably cheaper than if i would have waited and bought it from here whenever it comes out. (still no european release date)

I've had my hands on this for a few days now! It's pretty fun so far.

just pre-ordered an import from australia

it worked out at around ?30!; which is probably cheaper than if i would have waited and bought it from here whenever it comes out. (still no european release date)

Watch out for import tax. I preordered HM:ToTT from the US a few years back - cheaper than it would have cost to buy new a year later in the UK and it actually arrived to me on the US release date! Except it came with import tax & handling fees which together cost more than I paid for the game itself.

Watch out for import tax. I preordered HM:ToTT from the US a few years back - cheaper than it would have cost to buy new a year later in the UK and it actually arrived to me on the US release date! Except it came with import tax & handling fees which together cost more than I paid for the game itself.

Yeah, this. Or if you need to pay customs and stuff for it.

Also i remembered when I pre-ordered two Neptunia games for PS Vita way back from the UK, since my currency is so bad against the ? all the shipping and currency conversions were really bad.

The game hasn't even come out yet and it's already the top selling 3DS game at Gamestop!

So hype for this game, getting it day 1.

aaah I didn't even consider this. I've imported from this website before and to my knowledge I wasn't charged anything extra (unless it was already bundled in with the price?!)
but I'll look into it and see if I'm in for any other fees!
thanks for giving me a heads up c:

aaah I didn't even consider this. I've imported from this website before and to my knowledge I wasn't charged anything extra (unless it was already bundled in with the price?!)

Where did you buy from? I think I might try to import from Australia too. ~ I think it's now down for a Spring 16 release in Eu and I'm just not up for waiting until March.

Also, everyone is comparing this to Pokemon due to anime + team of 6 monsters. But outside of the battle system, it looks more like Fantasy life to me story / characterwise. But maybe that's just cause it's the only other level 5 game I've played.

Last edited:

Looks like you got lucky last time! Anything with a value of over ?14* (prior to postage costs) runs the risk of getting charged customs fees unless the company selling it lies about the price or marks the package as a gift - which is illegal. The payments are taken by Royal Mail / Parcel Force which is what the majority of mail coming into the UK unfortunately goes through.

They don't catch everything though! I used to order a lot of CDs from Japan, with a value of ?20-30 each, and sometimes I'd have 3-4 parcels in a row hit with fees and other times I'd go months without getting a charge even though the parcels all potentially could have received one.

*may have changed since I last looked into this stuff but probably not by much.

Last edited:
The game hasn't even come out yet and it's already the top selling 3DS game at Gamestop!

So hype for this game, getting it day 1.
I'm surprised by that. I thought most people would write it off as another pokemon rip off automatically. I pre-ordered a while back, and i'm enjoying the anime a lot. Really excited to get it.

Where did you buy from? I think I might try to import from Australia too. ~ I think it's now down for a Spring 16 release in Eu and I'm just not up for waiting until March.

Also, everyone is comparing this to Pokemon due to anime + team of 6 monsters. But outside of the battle system, it looks more like Fantasy life to me story / characterwise. But maybe that's just cause it's the only other level 5 game I've played.

It definitely feels like Fantasy Life a bit in regards to how the story works, or well just a lot of the game.

I'm surprised by that. I thought most people would write it off as another pokemon rip off automatically. I pre-ordered a while back, and i'm enjoying the anime a lot. Really excited to get it.

Yea I'm really enjoying the anime too. It's a lot better than Pokemon's anime.

It definitely feels like Fantasy Life a bit in regards to how the story works, or well just a lot of the game.

Good! That assures me that this is worth buying then! :p // Though I've only seen about 25 yokai and so far none of them seem as cute as most pokemon. And like half of them seem to be cats??

Good! That assures me that this is worth buying then! :p // Though I've only seen about 25 yokai and so far none of them seem as cute as most pokemon. And like half of them seem to be cats??

I like this guy. I gave him a little rename. (pretty sure I got him early enough that it's safe to show)

cMH6TW35MfutCCmr7_AskTM4GAML8wjECH8aweE_Qqd8VupZiFj2Mb6UFmK0pB4rgXnQ9LmdoXkyN0Vv9brC9dBD4telsLfD3e9nwGcM2TxKlfHynwKhT_bw2RsF1pd_tRFTbYOM4nZsBNVs22dPVj9MIZpH_IhRoRXJN2VyFo9_wrnqkcgXb4nsbd3HCPII6GcB0fbnB-iz0N9HKmdZcy8ulezXyQEgrS1c8dXO_l-hnoBMSfMwF31_I32-fh6uhrN4xZyNJGqK2evFGsOahF2rrmGgfgRS2Jv_04FJOfw_k9FO2XglsIsCPvYKQH0BNdHNaAbrxg78YJubEvkk3v658ClUIrgER6n7y_vVU2XblKi82FvS4FbpXSzFzNjhWrvJnvZkLs6eg3D7m2uQBIsmVD0d4z_bZPNKmwfPu2LOQ1N_9QGSChaB2k4rjsxIGRR_YuyIS4HNPfrU7Rd9AGi9CH7B-KaHUwunZMUa5C5hMiTOJ9muGysQOBoy5IKvq6ewJpE_Q06zfKNjZcBZIHAeKGSbas64HGd0kLGii5pS=w574-h775-no

I should clarify though that I mean you can obviously tell it's from the same developer judging by the menus and stuff, and the way the story works is a bit familiar. It's a very different game of course.

Yeah, the kappa is in plenty of promo pics, so I'm sure it's safe to show. He's my fav of what I've seen too.
I also want the old lady, Tattletale. xD And I'm not sure what to make of the giant sperm, but I'll probably keep it. :p

Yeah, the kappa is in plenty of promo pics, so I'm sure it's safe to show. He's my fav of what I've seen too.
I also want the old lady, Tattletale. xD And I'm not sure what to make of the giant sperm, but I'll probably keep it. :p

Ah alright, I can show anything up to Chapter 6 right now.

Yokai-watch is heavily centred around Japanese culture and mythology so I don't think it'll do amazing like it did in JP when it eventually arrives over-seas, since a lot of children won't understand a lot of the "Yokais" (I think that's what they're called).

Especially since there's only a small Yokai-watch fandom here, due to the anime only recently being dubbed/edited to accommodate western audiences.

Back