• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

YO-KAI WATCH

enchilada

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Red Tulip
White Tulip
Yellow Tulip
Yellow Pansy
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Gold Mailbox
91Q4D7ldEGL._SL1500_.jpg

Is it really the Pokemon killer? Will you be getting it when it comes out? Let me know your thoughts on this game. I'm thinking of getting it, but I need some convincing.

i might get it... the characters are pretty cute. it's a bit slow in the beginning, but gets more fun as far as i see. i guess if it becomes a huge hype like in japan depends on how they market and localize it, especially the anime.. we'll see.

Last edited:
Well I'd imagine it would sell well, but I don't think it's going to sell better than Pokemon, even in Japan... :rolleyes:

The game won the Game of the Year Award in Japan TWICE in a row. It MUST be good :rolleyes:

About that...

I'm really interested in this game at the moment, since it seems to be doing really well.

Well dang... This must be like 5/5 stars top of the line then.... Need to get my hands on a copy if/when it comes out in NA

I might not get this game on release but the it does look to be a promising game and I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure. Maybe if my friends get it too then I'd be more likely to jump on board.

I have heard that it is starting to (or already has?) decline in Japan from releasing too many games in a short period of time among other things. I hope that it isn't a fad for a couple years and manages to stay successful.

Also, some of the yokai look kinda freaky in a way pokemon doesn't have - I'm talking about a normal woman except with a freakily long neck and also that cracked skull girl thing.

I might not get this game on release but the it does look to be a promising game and I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure. Maybe if my friends get it too then I'd be more likely to jump on board.

I have heard that it is starting to (or already has?) decline in Japan from releasing too many games in a short period of time among other things. I hope that it isn't a fad for a couple years and manages to stay successful.

Also, some of the yokai look kinda freaky in a way pokemon doesn't have - I'm talking about a normal woman except with a freakily long neck and also that cracked skull girl thing.

Since Yokai refers to the more supernatural, it would make sense that there are some really weird things included in this. To be fair, Pokemon's underbelly can get pretty creepy too, with random ghosts popping in, and some Pokedex entries.

EDIT: I'm looking at the Future Releases section in the eShop and YO-KAI Watch does show up.

Last edited:
Definitely picking it up when I have the chance. It looks super fun and the characters look awesome and very Studio Ghibli-esque.

Pre-purchased my copy from the eShop earlier this evening, and even got it downloaded.

Now to wait 11 days to play it ; ;
Released here in North America on November 6th.

Last edited:
If they advertise this game right it will become a huge hit.
But so far I've seen no ads for the anime or the game so...idk

EDIT: Looks like Nintendo is starting to put out ads for the game now. That's good!

Last edited:
ive been so excited for this game for a long time it looks amazing,

really tempted to import from australia since europe doesn't have a release date yet

The boys at Levels just stole Game Freak's prized formula about RPGitude and made their OWN game out of it, just like Bandai and Capcom.

Mr. Krabs is Game Freak, and Plankton is those other guys.

The anime is far better than Pok?mon's. I'm getting this game day of release. Excite.

Also can I just say its one of the best looking games on the 3Ds.

The graphics are really good and so is the gameplay
And I like how it levels all of your yo Kai even if they die that's a problem I had with Pokemon xD
Anyways I'm getting this game with my allowance since I get 10$ a week I should have enough soon.

I just saw the first episode of the anime. It's weird and ****ed up and I love it.

I'm definitely getting the game and watching the anime from now on.

I'm mixed on Yo-Kai Watch. Yokai myths are pretty interesting and the premise of the game is pretty neat. I watched some gameplay and it didn't really do anything for me. I'll need to hear a lot more about it before I decide on whether I'll actually buy the game or just look on the Internet to see all of the unique designs.

I have no doubt that the anime is better than Pokemon though. It is not a high bar to be a better anime than Pokemon, considering nothing ever happens in the Pokemon anime. The characters, settings, and creatures may change but the story never really progresses to any meaningful degree.

I might check out the Yo-Kai Watch anime even if I don't end up totally interested in the game.

Back