• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Halloween vs Christmas

What's a better holiday

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Red Balloon
Banana
Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
The two biggest holidays we decorate for and celebrate are Halloween and Christmas. One has candy collecting, and one has presents. And both have parties. But as they are the two biggest holidays, which one do you think is better?

In my opinion, Halloween is much more fun to decorate for, and overall a better holiday. But here's what Christmas is better in:

Better candy (and sweets)
Colorful holiday lighting (Halloween started adapting to this not too long ago while Christmas had it for a long time)
Opening presents
Winter theme is a better theme than fall theme

But aside to those reasons, Halloween is better.

I personally find Christmas better.
Sure, all I usually get is $50 - $70 dollars that I spend on food, but the atmosphere and mood is just overall cheerier. It leaves a warm feeling outside and inside, despite it being in Winter.
It only gets better with snow. Time just slows down, and rewinding feels soo much less guilty.
And to top it all off, a whole week off of school, and who doesn't love that?!

I'd have to go with Christmas. Christmas brings family and loved ones together!

Last edited:
I like Christmas more. It's mainly cause all of the family comes over and I don't get that luxury when Halloween rolls around. Plus, it's always nice watching TV Christmas specials and movies. The weather is also at it's best around Christmas time, so having a cup of coffee or 5 just feels so right. Only thing I hate is hearing Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" on the radio.

I assume you mean by we, the citizens of the US? Halloween is not really that big of a deal in Europe so I'll have to go with Christmas.

i love halloween & the atmosphere around that time but i like what i get out of christmas more so i guess christmas

I like Christmas more. I decorate my room with christmas lights and I like to lounge around with them on during dark and snowy nights.

halloween can be cool but its not really a big thing here in my area. and i like presents. so christmas

Christmas. I don't really do anything for Halloween anymore but we always celebrate Christmas. Everyone has the holiday off so my whole family gets to spend time together.
and presentssss.. I don't like candy much anyway

Christmas for sure.
I'm not that into Halloween anymore, especially now that I don't go out trick or treating. Christmas is HUGE for me and always has been.

Halloween because we don't do much here and you don't have to be cheesy with your relatives.

Christmas, definitely. I don't celebrate Halloween, but definitely Christmas every year. :)

I like both holidays

6ed_by_nebudelic-d98cy42.jpg

Christmas by far.

Halloween isn't a big deal in the UK, and I grew up in a family that "doesn't believe in Halloween" so there were no decorations, parties, trick o' treating, etc. I only got to dress up twice as a kid and both times my mum made me go as a witch.

I've dressed up every year since I was 19 but that's only because Halloween just means going to parties in clubs with my mates to dance and have a few drinks. :)

As a Christian, Christmas holds much more significance over Halloween. I do enjoy Christmas much more than Halloween anyways. The music, atmosphere, beautiful snow, family, etc. all make it great.

Back