does anyone else struggle with choice?

Esphas

the darling of belltree
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
i dont know about you guys but deciding between two or more things is the worst for me. usually in a case of being asked to decide something, ill try desperately to manipulate the person whos asking into making the choice for me. i find it extremely stressful even when it comes to unimportant and trivial things. anyone else?

Last edited:
It really depends on the seriousness of the choice in all honesty. Choosing between two candy bars and which university to go to graduate study for are both very different. For trivial things, I decide on my own. For things more serious, I'll ask the opinions of others before proceeding.

yeah, but its not as extreme depending on the situation. i get serious anxiety just over multiple choice questions on tests, so you can probably imagine how much worse it is for me when it comes to presenting a powerpoint or something in front of class. like..before it starts, in my mind i'd just be giving myself a pep talk like you can do it, talk slowly, you'll surely get a 4.0..i end up talking too fast to the point where nobody understands what im saying, pausing between every few words bc of mini anxiety attacks, sweating, etc etc.

yeah, but its not as extreme depending on the situation. i get serious anxiety just over multiple choice questions on tests, so you can probably imagine how much worse it is for me when it comes to presenting a powerpoint or something in front of class. like..before it starts, in my mind i'd just be giving myself a pep talk like you can do it, talk slowly, you'll surely get a 4.0..i end up talking too fast to the point where nobody understands what im saying, pausing between every few words bc of mini anxiety attacks, sweating, etc etc.
oh man yes. i understand exactly what you mean about the tests. multiple choice answers get me really worked up. and same with the presentations and the anxiety. in most cases i get into a real state and end up not doing them at all!

THIS. holy crap i swear like sometimes two answers could work. It really depends on the person's perspective because we're all diff. I hate those so much, and whoever made up the question+answers as well. I always screw up when it comes to those.

If it were a serious decision, I'd contemplate until I fell into a depression state.
At which point, I would most likely choose which ever option I think would give me more closure after covering over the issues and benefits of both.

Last edited:
If it were a serious decision, I'd contemplate until I fell into a depression state.
At which point, I would most likely choose which ever option I think would give me more closure after covering over the issues and benefits of both.
that sounds like a good way to come to a resolution! although i find it rather hard to compare options and decide which qualities of choice x outweigh choice y etc so to speak

that sounds like a good way to come to a resolution! although i find it rather hard to compare options and decide which qualities of choice x outweigh choice y etc so to speak

Thus, depression happens.
At that point, it's fight or flight.
Dig deeper hoping to crave your curiosity or stop thinking to avoid possibly creating other problems.

I always try and delay making the choice, by just saying 'I'll think about it' and then... not doing so.

My whole family is indecisive- and I also say "I don't know" to basically everything anyone asks me, "what do you want for your b-day?" "idk" "what do you want to eat" "whatever/idk" "soda or milk" "idk" basically I don't know about anything unless it's related to school erghh (which then I ask my friends and they'll be like idk and then it starts over)

//I'm so indecisive that my brother and I eats at the same place every week because we don't know where to go, or we put the decision/choice on our dad who puts it on us and there we go

Last edited:
i'm very indecisive when it comes to small things & usually ask other's for advice, but larger things like deciding where i want to attend college or university i tend to do on my own. i like to be very thorough in my research so i know deep down that there won't be any problems.

Yeah, I suck at decision making. I do the same thing. I try and get the other person to make the decision for me. Video games with choices are bad too. I will spend ages thinking about it and ask everyone I know before choosing. Sometimes to make it easier I try to choose a persona for my character (e.g. sticks to the rules, values individuals over groups). It makes me look at it from a made up point of view and makes it less difficult. Maybe I should start trying this in real life...

Back