• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Come dream of Ice Cap, an all penguin Arctic town!

silver_shroud

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Winter Mittens
Pear (Fruit)
Yellow Candy
Hello all, I've had this project in the works for some time now, and I decided it was finally time to unveil Ice Cap to the world. It's a town whose villagers are all penguins, and I think that it is pretty unique. The layout is finished, although most of the rooms/houses are still in their beginning phase and need a bit more embellishing. Nevertheless, I thought I'd share in the hopes that people might enjoy what I've done so far. The DA is 4100-5909-6349. I love hearing thoughts and constructive criticisms, so don't hold back! If you'd like me to visit your dream town in return, I'd be glad to do that as well. Thank you! :blush:

It is such an awesome town. As you said, it is really unique and beautifully done. I love the chilly feeling when I visit your town :)
Great job! Definitely going to visit again! :)

It is such an awesome town. As you said, it is really unique and beautifully done. I love the chilly feeling when I visit your town :)
Great job! Definitely going to visit again! :)

Thank you so much for the kind words, you really brought a smile to my face. I'm glad that you enjoyed dreaming of Ice Cap!

I might have to take 3,000 bells to visit all of these beautiful but not yet visited towns

Gah it's so beautiful! And all of the human characters are so cute! Really well done, congrats!

I just saw the basement of the mayor's house! Adorable!

Last edited:
I'll be visiting your town after my classes tomorrow! You can take a look at mine if you like, but it's not a necessity. I'm actually excited to go look at it!

I might have to take 3,000 bells to visit all of these beautiful but not yet visited towns

Aw, that's very sweet of you to say -- I hope that the trip will make the Bells that you spend worth it! :blush:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gah it's so beautiful! And all of the human characters are so cute! Really well done, congrats!

I just saw the basement of the mayor's house! Adorable!

Thank you very much! I was pretty happy with the way that basement turned out for sure, so glad that you appreciated!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll be visiting your town after my classes tomorrow! You can take a look at mine if you like, but it's not a necessity. I'm actually excited to go look at it!

Aw, that would be fantastic! I'll definitely make a point to visit you as well - I love visiting dream towns and usually do so whenever I get the opportunity. I hope that Ice Cap doesn't disappoint!

posting here so i remember to visit later! i love penguins so fricking much

The penguins will look forward to your visit (as will I!)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I actually just came back from visiting your dream town! I really liked the stone and flower tiles that you used for your path. I have a tendency to go kind of overboard with QR codes and end up with a bajillion different path tiles, so it's really nice to see how effective paths can be using as little as two tiles. Also, I am kind of in love with your villager lineup - such a great mix, and a lot of personal favorites for me. Really nice placement of your PWPs as well. It was really nice visiting Kanto!

I actually just came back from visiting your dream town! I really liked the stone and flower tiles that you used for your path. I have a tendency to go kind of overboard with QR codes and end up with a bajillion different path tiles, so it's really nice to see how effective paths can be using as little as two tiles. Also, I am kind of in love with your villager lineup - such a great mix, and a lot of personal favorites for me. Really nice placement of your PWPs as well. It was really nice visiting Kanto!

Whoa! Really? I just assumed my town was average. Thank you! I'm looking forward to rating yours for sure. :) I'm sure it'll be great.

Posting here so I'll remember to visit later :)

Sounds cute!
I remember having some penguins in ww, they were sweeties<3
Posting so I remember to check it out tomorrow!

sounds pretty nIcey :p get it hehe XD would love to visit some day!

Hehe, very punny! Aw, bummer, no Dream Suite yet eh? Hopefully you get that rectified soon. Or, if you'd like to just stop by for a visit sometime that would be totally "chill" as well (see, I can pun too!). :)

This town is beautiful. Simply beautiful.

I love the pattern work, for a start, it's just perfect. The icebergs floating in water are just perfect for a penguin themed town! The pathing's all very clear, too, guiding you to pretty much all the PwPs and houses.

OMG PENGUINS!!! I love the penguins in this game and its so nice to see them all in one town together (and I got to visit my dreamie, Aurora, which was totally awesome). The placement of their houses is really nice too (is that all legit!? XD).

The playable character homes are nice too (even though I only went in two of them...) even if they are a WIP. They really fit the "icy, penguin" theme.

Overall I adore this town. Its so preeeettttyyyy~

I'm off to visit your squirrel town, Nutkin, now. I have nothing better to do. :)

Last edited:
I'll come visit as soon as my D.S. connects to the Internet. XD

Back