• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

is the bundle worth getting?

spiderjane

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
i still have no idea what the amiibo cards are used for as well as the NFC thing. but do you guys think i should get the bundle or just the game?

Heya! You can check out the main post in the "Frequently Asked Questions" thread for details on what the amiibo cards will do for you and how the NFC reader works. I'd write you an essay with full details but am on my moblie.

Heya! You can check out the main post in the "Frequently Asked Questions" thread for details on what the amiibo cards will do for you and how the NFC reader works. I'd write you an essay with full details but am on my moblie.

hmm ok i read the post. seems like i dont need the NFC reader thing which comes with the bundle since i have a 3ds XL.

hmm ok i read the post. seems like i dont need the NFC reader thing which comes with the bundle since i have a 3ds XL.

Do you own the original 3DS XL, or the New Nintendo 3DS XL? Only the latter has NFC capability, so you cannot use NFC cards with a 3DS XL UNLESS you have the NFC reader.

You will still need the reader with the 3DS XL. only the "new" 3DS and "new" 3DS have a built in reader.

oh ok. i have the original one if thats what u called it. guess ill buy the bundle after all lol

Yeah, you may as well buy the bundle. It's better to buy the NFC adapter in case you need it in the future, and it's pretty cheap if you buy it in the bundle.

I've updated the Q&A thread to be even more explicitly clear about the difference between the original systems and the new systems.

I have both an old (original) and a new 3ds XL, both with New Leaf towns. I'm going with the HHD game + reader bundle as it then gives me the option to play HHD with amiibo cards on the older system.

In the UK the game is orderable (On Amazon) for ?30 & the game + reader is only another ?5 more, so its worth getting the two together. (to buy the reader separately will be ?20 here)

Although the game is playable without Amiibo cards they do add to the game (giving you specific villagers and specific special characters). I will make a good guess that even if you don't plan to play the game with amiibo cards, you will want to once you actually start to play.

Last edited:
I say yes but I've been obsessed with animal crossing since the gamecube one came out. I do whatever I can to get my hands on any merchandise they come out with lol ;D I will be buying this bundle. Especially since it's the first (and only sofar) Faceplate DS to come out in NA.

Back