• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Museum Shop --- TBT Marketplace

Witch

.....:::: Abyss ::::....
Bells
Switch
5009-2550-9910
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Gold Moon Jellyfish
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Dino Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Sheep Plush
Sheep Plush
Recently they opened this subforum with the following description:
Buy and sell art, signatures, avatars, and other graphics with bells in the Museum Shop.

I do not understand the purpose of this subforum. I thought it was a place to buy / sell art by tbt and not real money.

Currently I see that 90% of open shops and threads, require real money to buy art. Of course, it does not seem wrong to sell art for real money, but this is the place to do it?

What sense has a subforum to buy / sell by bells forum if you can not currently buy almost anything with tbt?

I think there are many pages that do this kind of trade and this forum is not intended for that or should not be, because there are many children who are not allowed to negotiate with this currency.

I do not know, is my opinion.

It was made to get the museum back to it's original roots or sth.
But tbh I have to agree, I kinda think it's dumb that everyone is selling their art for real money, and i don't think this is the place to do it. Even with that said, the rules do say that you are not to trade real currency for virtual goods, and to me, I see art as a virtual good. If it's something being done digitally and sent to someone without a physical existence, it's a virtual good, which is basically what every single shop in the museum shop section is. Unless the artist was actually making it on a canvas and then mailed it to them, it's a virtual good in my eyes, which shouldn't be sold for RLC. I get that they can print it out or whatever, but at the same time I can pay RLC for a collectible and print that out - they're both virtual goods but I can still give them a physical existence, so I don't see how you can't trade collectibles for money but you can with digital art. Essentially a collectible is an official tbt collectible, where someone's digital art is basically someone's personal collectible. I do get that art falls under the digital good category, too, more so than virtual goods, but w/e, tomato tomata, potato potata.

I do get what you're a trying to say, and I think it's dumb, but I really have no interest in art on tbt so I'm really not bothered outside of the fact I think it's stupid.

Last edited:
A lot of artists used to only do tbt comissions but have now switched to rlc since they found out it was a 'thing' that they're allowed to do and don't seem to bother with tbt currency anymore (mostly because they benefit more from rlc which is understandable and that they already have enough tbt or see no use for it). I don't even bother looking through the museum shop anymore because of it.
It's in the TBT Marketplace even though hardly anyone is even accepting tbt, seems very out of place, I agree with the posts above completely.

I agree with everyone that posted as well, the amount of RLC commission shops are getting out of hand. Personally, I don't even visit the museum shop anymore because of this. If this isn't against the rules as selling trading virtual goods/services for real money, then is it possible for the Mods/Admins to input a new shop abbreviation such as [Shop-RLC] and [Shop-Forum Bells], so it's easier for people who don't want to spend real money to find artists without having to go through 20+ shops all asking for RLC.

Last edited:
Back