• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

RLC pricing, need help please<3

EtchaSketch

(∩σᴥσ)⊃━☆゚.*
Bells
Switch
1391-9913-4610
Cherry (Fruit)
Clownfish Plush
My Melody Easter Egg
Tricolored Puppy Plush
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Tasty Cake
Yes, I know everyone's doing it. Not sure if I just jumped on the bandwagon or actually need help, honestly.

No I lied, I actually need help.

So, I've been trying to sell my art for $2 each on here, and on FR. I'm not sure if this is too much??
Here is my gallery, for examples:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...hing-Gallery-Help-needed!-Critiques!&#127800;

I'm trying to save up to start a website, like some of you know, that is based on art. It is an adoptables site (because i'm a huge nerd) And as the creator of the site, I will take the time and put effort into making every single user feel like they CAN put out amazing art, no matter the quality. I'm trying to raise money to actually purchase a place to start it, I also need to raise money to maybe find some more people to help me code and actually pay them.

Also, please tell me if you have any suggestions!
Any critiques, or maybe any place it would be easier to sell my art, like a site, if at all?
Also, DeviantArt's quality and standard for RLC commissions and high above my ability. I do not want to try to sell my art there because I will just become discouraged!
Please, also tell me if my art is even of quality to sell for rlc.

Thank you<3​

Last edited:
I think 2$ is absolutely fair :D
but I have a question, do you really need to BUY a website? There are free website maker tools everywhere and for the coding, I'm pretty sure if you search a bit you will find a buddy who will do this for free, unless you don't wanna have a super professional website like big companies have them?XD I personally can't even set up a proper tumblr tho xD

I think 2$ is absolutely fair :D
but I have a question, do you really need to BUY a website? There are free website maker tools everywhere and for the coding, I'm pretty sure if you search a bit you will find a buddy who will do this for free, unless you don't wanna have a super professional website like big companies have them?XD I personally can't even set up a proper tumblr tho xD

My "buddies" know how, and my "buddies" hate me and wont help

Honestly for some stuff like the colored Mario broomstick guy (brainfart forgot his name) $2 is very, very fair. A bit under-priced IMO. Keep in mind though, you're on an Animal Crossing website. It may be difficult to get business here. Trust me, commissions are usually slow. I'd try Tumblr, DA (which I see you already are) and some other outlets like facebook to get your name out there. You're going to get some crazy requests, but it may be worth it in the long-run.

From what I see in your shop you have many, many different styles. Condense. You don't want someone thinking "well I may purchase this.. but end up with something like 'x' that I don't like." Showcase one or two of each style (Digital/Traditional/sketch) so you don't have so much going on. It's too much!

Honestly for some stuff like the colored Mario broomstick guy (brainfart forgot his name) $2 is very, very fair. A bit under-priced IMO. Keep in mind though, you're on an Animal Crossing website. It may be difficult to get business here. Trust me, commissions are usually slow. I'd try Tumblr, DA (which I see you already are) and some other outlets like facebook to get your name out there. You're going to get some crazy requests, but it may be worth it in the long-run.

From what I see in your shop you have many, many different styles. Condense. You don't want someone thinking "well I may purchase this.. but end up with something like 'x' that I don't like." Showcase one or two of each style (Digital/Traditional/sketch) so you don't have so much going on. It's too much!

Thank you so much thats the best advice yet

Thank you so much thats the best advice yet

No problem! Just remember when you do get a request to take it slow and make it count. That's a customer that's going to leave satisfied and tell their friends about you. It can open up way more doors than just TBT consumers as well. Think about it.

"I bought X from this guy online!" so-and-so says, showing their friends at school, facebook, etc. You then have more potential customers through that buyer. So make sure you make every line count. Satisfaction must be guaranteed, even if it's only two dollars. Once you have a following it's okay to raise your prices a little, especially when you have an ironed down style and your workflow speed increases.

Happy arting :)

Back