Hope

Watchingthetreetops

*~Rude intolerance here~*
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I think this is important, no matter who or how old you are. I don't generally watch television, but the unfortunate truth is that since my country is electing a new leader I find it necessary to pay a bit more attention to it then usual. I often regard my television as an incompetent news box that, between commercials I care very little about, will sometimes offer me some sort of escape from my current reality.

*ahem* Now, the election is a joke. Most Americans are aware that our votes don't...quite.../do/ anything. Based off of speculation and leaked documents, there is a select group that actually determines who will win the title of 'president' and they work very hard to keep themselves a secret, but with the rise of the internet have become known to a few who wander around the darker corners of the internet. All of it, ALL OF IT, seems pointless. It feels like you're going to fight a titan should you go against a great corporation to try and defend yourself, let alone trying to vote for a man who was bought by a corporation to run for leader of the 'free world' decades ago, (and most of the presidential candidates are in that situation). But there is hope.

Hope cannot be killed. This is important to remember. Hope lives within you, it beats in your veins, and one day these titans will fall. It's inevitable. We reached the rise of our civilization and we are nearing its fall, if not actually watching it crumble. One candidate was quoted as saying: 'Americans should work longer hours.' That's the twenty first century equivalent of saying: 'Let them eat cake.' For those of you who don't know what that last quote means, it was what Marie Antoinette said when the french complained about only being able to eat bread, as they were too poor because of the taxes put in place by the rulers at the time....well over two hundred years ago. We have LESS then they did. We are not slaves. We were not born to fail, we were born into a system that sets us up for failure, unless you have an acute understanding of every last string of not only the government or stupid amounts of money. But...and this is what's important...you must hope. Even if you're on your deathbed and everything around you is burning. You MUST HOPE. They cannot kill that. They cannot take that. And should you stand against police or anyone trying to oppress you, even if they kill you they will not take away what you stood for, and that is what will cause the fall of America. America is headed for civil war. I see it. I see it in the faces of black and white and asian and mexican and all of the people who are oppressed because we are brought up under the thumb of the government. People are already dying attempting to stand up for themselves, and I believe it will be very soon that most people will be put in similar situations. But it's the fear of death and the unknown that allows us to be controlled. Do not waver because you are afraid; stand because you are full of hope. Hope that if you do or plan to have children, you can give them a better future then our parents left us.

I needed to say this, to someone. This is really important to me and because there are a lot of young people here, I don't know how many will understand. As someone who is of a native american descent, this...this is important to me. I'm done. I'm sorry...I'm done.

Last edited:
It's important. People are afraid to even step outside of their bedrooms, let alone their homes. But the front doorstep is an interesting place. You never know where you might end up once you're past it. You never know what might happen. People are cruel and dark, but it is often forgotten that people are also kind and generous. Individuality will not pave the way for revolution. We have to stand together and when the men in suits offer us thousands of dollars to go home, we must say: no. We must stand for something. We must stand together. Because if we don't, nothing will exist in america but a wasteland.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There is no 'chosen one' who will rise above and save us. If we can't stand together, then we will fall. We have to be together, we have to act as one. These rich men, they are just men. They are as minuscule as anyone else is when compared to the universe.

But it's the fear of death and the unknown that allows us to be controlled. Do not waver because you are afraid; stand because you are full of hope.

Which often leads to complacency and willful ignorance, among others things.

My 2 cents. *ahem* I feel as though we're due for a thought revolution. A complete paradigm shift. Humans are beyond capable of much more than what we're doing now.

Our society runs on fear, although love has -finally- begun to take hold. Fear simply has no place in our society anymore, if we want to advance. It takes a great deal of effort to simply be true to yourself and not succumb to the fear and the thought control mechanisms.

I sense that the world is about to experience major conflict. How bad? I can't even imagine. Yet, I say out with the old and in with the new! Fear cannot exist in those who know the ultimate truth: love.

I think this is important, no matter who or how old you are. I don't generally watch television, but the unfortunate truth is that since my country is electing a new leader I find it necessary to pay a bit more attention to it then usual. I often regard my television as an incompetent news box that, between commercials I care very little about, will sometimes offer me some sort of escape from my current reality.

*ahem* Now, the election is a joke. Most Americans are aware that our votes don't...quite.../do/ anything. Based off of speculation and leaked documents, there is a select group that actually determines who will win the title of 'president' and they work very hard to keep themselves a secret, but with the rise of the internet have become known to a few who wander around the darker corners of the internet. All of it, ALL OF IT, seems pointless. It feels like you're going to fight a titan should you go against a great corporation to try and defend yourself, let alone trying to vote for a man who was bought by a corporation to run for leader of the 'free world' decades ago, (and most of the presidential candidates are in that situation). But there is hope.

Hope cannot be killed. This is important to remember. Hope lives within you, it beats in your veins, and one day these titans will fall. It's inevitable. We reached the rise of our civilization and we are nearing its fall, if not actually watching it crumble. One candidate was quoted as saying: 'Americans should work longer hours.' That's the twenty first century equivalent of saying: 'Let them eat cake.' For those of you who don't know what that last quote means, it was what Marie Antoinette said when the french complained about only being able to eat bread, as they were too poor because of the taxes put in place by the rulers at the time....well over two hundred years ago. We have LESS then they did. We are not slaves. We were not born to fail, we were born into a system that sets us up for failure, unless you have an acute understanding of every last string of not only the government or stupid amounts of money. But...and this is what's important...you must hope. Even if you're on your deathbed and everything around you is burning. You MUST HOPE. They cannot kill that. They cannot take that. And should you stand against police or anyone trying to oppress you, even if they kill you they will not take away what you stood for, and that is what will cause the fall of America. America is headed for civil war. I see it. I see it in the faces of black and white and asian and mexican and all of the people who are oppressed because we are brought up under the thumb of the government. People are already dying attempting to stand up for themselves, and I believe it will be very soon that most people will be put in similar situations. But it's the fear of death and the unknown that allows us to be controlled. Do not waver because you are afraid; stand because you are full of hope. Hope that if you do or plan to have children, you can give them a better future then our parents left us.

I needed to say this, to someone. This is really important to me and because there are a lot of young people here, I don't know how many will understand. As someone who is of a native american descent, this...this is important to me. I'm done. I'm sorry...I'm done.

It's important. People are afraid to even step outside of their bedrooms, let alone their homes. But the front doorstep is an interesting place. You never know where you might end up once you're past it. You never know what might happen. People are cruel and dark, but it is often forgotten that people are also kind and generous. Individuality will not pave the way for revolution. We have to stand together and when the men in suits offer us thousands of dollars to go home, we must say: no. We must stand for something. We must stand together. Because if we don't, nothing will exist in america but a wasteland.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There is no 'chosen one' who will rise above and save us. If we can't stand together, then we will fall. We have to be together, we have to act as one. These rich men, they are just men. They are as minuscule as anyone else is when compared to the universe.

Bible 2.0

tumblr_llbsvgFbS91qc7geho1_400.gif

I was not expecting this thread to be so philosophical.

The select group isn't exactly a "secret." Delegates come from each state and elect a presidential candidate for their party (democrats vs republicans vs third party if applicable). Then the individual people vote to make up the popular vote and the electoral college votes to make the electoral vote. Candidates need at least 270 electoral college votes to attain presidency. Most people in USA should learn this in 12th grade US Government.

A lot of people were complaining about the president telling lies, but Donald Trump is speaking his own, truthful thoughts rather than trying to lie to please the masses, yet people still are unhappy with the truth.

The problem with the government is that there are so many people who complain but so few who are willing to actually do anything about it.

Last edited:
The select group isn't exactly a "secret." Delegates come from each state and elect a presidential candidate for their party (democrats vs republicans vs third party if applicable). Then the individual people vote to make up the popular vote and the electoral college votes to make the electoral vote. Candidates need at least 270 electoral college votes to attain presidency. Most people in USA should learn this in 12th grade US Government.

A lot of people were complaining about the president telling lies, but Donald Trump is speaking his own, truthful thoughts rather than trying to lie to please the masses, yet people still are unhappy with the truth.

The problem with the government is that there are so many people who complain but so few who are willing to actually do anything about it.

I completely agree, and although you're correct about the political system, I'm talking about those who work for the five or so corporations that run the world, which is a fact. As said before, it seems like...like you're going up against titans. But I do agree that Trump is unapologetically being, well, himself, and for that he does earn a smidgeon of respect from me. When he says bad things, he owns up to them, unlike any other candidate who tries to hide everything.

I also agree that if we want to advance love is what we need to turn to. And...I'll always be the first to say that I mean no offense to anyone. I'm trying to live in love and not in fear, and it's very difficult. But I find it freeing. And I needed to share it this morning. Because love surrounds us. It lives and breathes in us. No amount of money will ever change that. When you break things down, money is a concept that isn't needed anyway. Do you think that just because electric companies exist, you HAVE to pay for it? No. You don't. It doesn't disappear and given the right tools, you could learn to use it on your own. I just...I'm really thinking about everything and I absolutely love hearing everyone's opinions on anything.

I want to be a creature of hope. Someone that you turn to and you know that love and kindness will come. Not weak. Just loving, and strong. And I needed to voice it....to /someone/.

Last edited:
Back