• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

streetpass failures/successes.

xianli

Bells
hello ! feel free to post streetpass stories, tips + shenanigans ❤

here in the uk, i've found it quite difficult to get multiple street passes [well, not enough to get the streetpass badge anyway !] + i was wondering how you streetpass, what country you are in + how successful you are !

i remember going on a day trip to london and thinking that i'd get a lot of streetpasses + checking my ds at the end of the day to realise i only got one, even after walking through many, many tourists and crowded areas. the disappointment was too real haha

generally, i get 5-6 when i go out to my local town for a few hours, and have passed about 25 people in total. how about you ?

I'm in the UK and my street pass count is just over 800. I thought there was a thing now in the UK where you can get streepasses from a central-hub type thing called a 'relay point' it can hold up to 10 and pass them on to the next visitor. I used to get a lot at Wetherspoons, but I think they have changed their ISP as it's much quieter now.

I always get some passes by going into Game stores, shopping malls and weirdly, a lot of tourist - passes in IKEA.

aa i must have missed out on the IKEA tourists yesterday - left the ds in the car ;o;

i've heard of the relay point things, but i'm never sure if they work ? aa i also get streetpasses in game stores + used to in wetherspoons too c:

I usually get around one or two a day. But when I went on vacation to a touristy beach, I was getting roughly 11 a day! It was really cool to see all the different Streetpass miis.

It depends on where I go and what time.

If I go to my local mall (which is pretty big), I usually get at least 3 streetpasses, but only if it's a weekend or holiday. If I go on a regular weekday I'm lucky if I get one.

Though if I go into the city, regardless of the time/day, I'm pretty much certain to get a full 10 streetpasses, but I'm lazy and barely go to the city lol - luckily I stopped excessively caring about streetpass a long time ago.

I live in the UK and have over 3500 streetpass hits (though I'm still waiting on the gold Streetpass badge in AC...). It's been helped a lot by a) living with someone with a DS, and b) living in Canterbury for three years, where there are a ton of French and German kids on school trips every summer, basically guaranteeing 10 hits every trip into town (my France/Spain maps are nearly completed, too!).

I'm living in Devon now and don't get as many most days, but when I go to work in Exeter I'll get at least 6 or 7.

Edit: It's also really fun to streetpass the same people repeatedly when you don't know who they are, you just notice PeachGurl93 pop up once every couple of weeks and you rate each other as Fantastic :) It's like you're secret friends.

Last edited:
Success!-Usually streetpass content isnt that necessary,in some games,u have somethings good for the game,for example,ACNL is for badges and some stuff like ice-cream and that,or in ORAS with the mirage stops and the eon ticket!
Failness :(-Sometimes,Streetpass could just not be added in some games *cough* XY *cough*,also,lets add streetpassing people can be hard,in my case,i rarely streetpass with someone,and if i do,its just 1 or 2 guys

Even when I go shopping for a few hours to multiple stores on a weekend, I still only get around 5-8 Streetpasses. Probably because it's Texas which isn't as densely populated as other places.

I think I have around 2000 or so total? I'm not sure, though, I'd have to check.

I live in Austria, and since I go to Vienna for school everyday, I just take it with and SP people. Usually I can get around 5-6 per school day, although it also depends, since some of them are classmates and I'm sure they don't check their StreetPasses, so I end up getting blocked since their plaza is full. :/

When I'm lucky, I can get at least 10 from a school day, though.

Also, cons and game events are great for StreetPasses. I'm going to AniNite this weekend mostly just to work on the SP badge, last year my hits filled up every 10-15 minutes or so. There's also Game City, which is a free gaming event, and I'll probably be able to get a few people there. The only bad thing is when you want to check your progress, but there's nowhere to sit.

I don't strive to get streetpasses. Streetpasses strive to get me. :rolleyes:

Kinda stopped checking my streetpasses lately, I've been seeing a lot of diminished results unless I plan to go to Nintendo Zone locations. Plus I've nearly finished all the games, only thing left is to ticket hunt and beat the fishing game. It's kinda boring at this point and I'm sad a lot of people I used to StreetPass daily stopped bringing theirs around.

I only started streetpassing this summer as to avoid picking up villagers from people's voids, and I've probably gotten a little under 20 overall? I've gotten some from going to the mall/Barnes & Nobles (a bookstore). But I've been most successful with bringing it to school and walking around campus. Today I got 8 streetpasses just from doing that. Pretty cool. College kids are probably the most useful when it comes to streetpasses lol. Oh and I live in Northern California.

Fellow Haikyuu!! fan though yay :)

I live in Tokyo, and I've gotten about 1100 streetpasses since I got my 3DS in March, and that's commuting out of the city. I tend to streetpass the same people every day. I even have about 30 with one guy. I pass by a station where the Shinkansen stops, so I get a lot of streetpasses from all over Japan. I only need 7 more prefectures to finish my map! I went New York this summer, so I got a lot of international streetpasses too, which was pretty cool.

I always take my N3DS XL with me whenever I go into town, I always get a full plaza, sometimes more than twice if I stop off for food and clear the first load. Right now I have 378 characters in my plaza, I don't know if that counts repeats though?
I always get more when Game has a sale on, I have to do loads of rest stops then to clear my plaza and I keep going backwards and forwards to get more :p

I always feel awkward when I go on Streetpass Battle and come across people with armies with 9,999,999 soldiers and I have a measly 60,000+...

Everyone I SP either is super avid and has almost beaten every game 100%, or they just started and have like 2 other SPes. I'm kinda in the middle and its awkward. :/
I'm talking about the SP Mii Plaza if you were wondering.

Other than that, nothing that's really stood out in any other games... I just wish you could have more than 12 games supported at once. It felt like way too much when the 3DS first came out, and now it's not nearly enough. ;_;

So lucky XD.

I gat about 3 a year. One time I streetpassed a lot of people ( I don't enen know how) when my 3DS was sent in for repair XD.

I live in the UK and have over 3500 streetpass hits (though I'm still waiting on the gold Streetpass badge in AC...). It's been helped a lot by a) living with someone with a DS, and b) living in Canterbury for three years, where there are a ton of French and German kids on school trips every summer, basically guaranteeing 10 hits every trip into town (my France/Spain maps are nearly completed, too!).

aa yes, whenever i pass a group of school kids from spain/france/germany i'm pretty sure i get a few streetpasses !!

I think I have about 110-120 total as of now. :)

when i lived in japan and carried my ds around i could get a full plaza in half an hour or less. i really miss that as i'm lucky to get 3 going to the mall and making a point to walk by gamestop now that i'm back in the US lol. i do get the same people whenever i go to study in a starbucks at barnes and noble which is fun. i wish i was a barista there i'd get so many lol.

Back