User Title Color Change
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Cake
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Yellow Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Since there's a LGBTQ+ thread, I figured that a thread for feminism would be in order. Feel free to discuss feminism and equal rights here, just don't be trolling; feminism is about equal rights, not hating men or being superior to them.

Oh no.

Ohhhh no.

Trust me, OP, this is going to get ugly. It is going to get ugly fast.

RhinoK just said that. :rolleyes:

Now, can we please talk about feminism now, that's what this topic was made for, after all.

Eh. I think the US is fine gender-wise. I can't really complain about anything as a female.

Thank you for actually staying on topic.

Last edited:

Now, can we please talk about feminism now, that's what this topic was made for, after all.

Thank you for actually staying on topic.

And I restated it due to the fact that this is going to get quite ugly judging from how defensive and angry both sides (feminists and anti-feminists) can get. It's just a fair warning to you.

Anything that I'd have to say about feminism would get me murdered by most radical and modern feminists as well. I think that's as far as I'll go with this topic though. For your sake OP I hope this doesn't go to crap, but... don't be shocked if it does. That's all we're saying.

And I restated it due to the fact that this is going to get quite ugly judging from how defensive and angry both sides (feminists and anti-feminists) can get. It's just a fair warning to you.

Anything that I'd have to say about feminism would get me murdered by most radical and modern feminists as well. I think that's as far as I'll go with this topic though. For your sake OP I hope this doesn't go to crap, but... don't be shocked if it does. That's all we're saying.

Exactly this
My opinions on feminism will be butchered by extreme third wave feminists so for my own safety I'm not gonna share my views (except i probably will woops)

Actually I said "inb4lock" :rolleyes:

I know that, but LGBTQ+ debates can get ugly, yet that thread's allowed to exist.

But anyways, let's just get this thread going before you guys declare a death sentence on it.

Instead of assuming things will go sour, maybe it'd be better to try to get a discussion going. Let Ghost Soda live, wow.

I still think 'feminists' just doesn't sound right.

For a group that's supposed to be equal rights, it's already off to a bad start since the name alone sounds like it benefits one group more than another, even if it doesn't. That (along with those who want superiority rather than equality) are probably why a lot of people just mock and ignore them.

I don't see how one thread which may or may not have been created by a troll is 'evidence'.

... How isn't it evidence? You're asking how it'll be locked, and I'm showing you what happened to another feminism thread.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Instead of assuming things will go sour, maybe it'd be better to try to get a discussion going. Let Ghost Soda live, wow.

Yet you don't try to get a discussion going. As far as I know, they're alive, and I'm allowing them to live. Did anything suggest that I was trying to prohibit Ghost Soda from living? Or are you assuming things?

For a group that's supposed to be equal rights, it's already off to a bad start since the name alone sounds like it benefits one group more than another, even if it doesn't. That (along with those who want superiority rather than equality) are probably why a lot of people just mock and ignore them.

This

I'm a feminist
I hate explaining that I'm not a man-hater, I hate explaining how radicals and extremists don't define feminism, and I hate when people (specifically 18-24 year old boys) immediately start harassing me for being a feminist and not tolerating their rape jokes and sexism toward me

... How isn't it evidence? You're asking how it'll be locked, and I'm showing you what happened to another feminism thread.

It's ironic the people saying the thread will go south tend to have a pattern of causing it. Two pages of nothing but saying this thread will go wrong. The other thread you showed was clearly a troll attempt while this one is serious.

On-topic, I've done a couple college essays on feminism and have even taken a class. Obviously, the media plays a prominent role in creating its own images of women. Unless the media is controlled more about how it represents women, the struggle for change will be even more difficult.

Thank you.

True, but I think that what the group does is more important than the name. Though I wouldn't be opposed to changing it to a more equal name. :p

And I don't think it's fair to judge an entire group because of the extreme part of it.

Yet you don't try to get a discussion going. As far as I know, they're alive, and I'm allowing them to live. Did anything suggest that I was trying to prohibit Ghost Soda from living? Or are you assuming things?

That defensiveness though.

I believe in gender equality, yeah. If the literal definition of a feminist is someone who believes in equal rights for both men and women, then I am a feminist. And for the record, I do identify as a feminist.

Thank you.

True, but I think that what the group does is more important than the name. Though I wouldn't be opposed to changing it to a more equal name. :p

And I don't think it's fair to judge an entire group because of the extreme part of it.

The thing is... the group does some really terrible things. I don't know if you want me to source all of them are not, but there are feminists out there who are far, far more concerned with promoting their feminist propaganda and inducing unfound fear in young girls in order to get them into their movement. Case in point? Google the time when a feminist took an image of a girl attacked by a kangaroo and claimed for it to be a rape. Or take a look at the 1/3 statistic when it comes to being raped. If you're a young teenage girl growing up and you hear you have a 1/3 chance of being raped, which has been disproven (along with rape culture, as stated by the RAINN), you're going to be terrified.

Considering the fact that it's the extremists and radicals that are currently the bone of the movement and are the loudest and most prominent ones running it, I'd say it's not completely wrong to have a bad impression of feminism based on the fact that feminists have lied their way into relevance today. See: the "a woman makes 75 cents for every man's dollar". There's quite a lot. I'd recommend taking a quick google to find such sources. Not to mention, one "true" feminist out there, Christina Hoff Sommers, who very much does advocate for the equality of genders, is an older woman, and genuinely seeks out equality for men and women alike, is labeled as an anti-feminist by the majority of modern feminists due to her holding views that go against modern feminism.

So, to sum it up, the backbone of the modern day feminist movement is one filled with lots of fear-mongering, lies, and pure hatred as well. The people who have the most say and respect in the feminist movement are usually also the ones who are fulfilling and encouraging this fear-mongering, lies, and hatred.

I'm not going to align myself up with a movement that, not only has long since served its purpose in America (and god forbid do other women in other countries need it more than us, but sadly putting on a label that I dislike won't change their situation), but is also run and led by a following of vicious teens and young adults.

/leaves thread forever

I believe in feminism, but I don't think it should exist, necessarily. I think a group dedicated to gender equality should be the only existent group on the matter. Not all feminists are bad, of course, but why must there be a "fem" in "feminism", exactly?

I believe in feminism, but I don't think it should exist, necessarily. I think a group dedicated to gender equality should be the only existent group on the matter. Not all feminists are bad, of course, but why must there be a "fem" in "feminism", exactly?

Probably because when it started, it was mostly about giving women rights. [It's still about that, I mean, but back then women probably had little to no rights.]

Probably because when it started, it was mostly about giving women rights. [It's still about that, I mean, but back then women probably had little to no rights.]

Indeed. I do think that now, however, the tables have turned and women have become just as bad as men in that respect. Humanity seems to feel as if one or the other has to be in power. Humans feel the same way about gender as they do about animals almost, except animals have little to no rights at all. I thoroughly believe humans of any gender will be the next slabs of meat considered food. In fact, it already happens.

Last edited:

The name shouldn't mean anything as long as the cause is good, but it does.

The fact that the loudest part of the group (the part everybody will notice) are also usually the people who are anti-male/female superiority focused only adds to the fact that the term 'feminist' sounds more focused towards 'pro women' than 'pro equality'.

The purpose of feminism is equality. If someone claims that they're a feminist but literally hate men then they are not actually a feminist, they are just claiming to be one.

The thing is... the group does some really terrible things. I don't know if you want me to source all of them are not, but there are feminists out there who are far, far more concerned with promoting their feminist propaganda and inducing unfound fear in young girls in order to get them into their movement. Case in point? Google the time when a feminist took an image of a girl attacked by a kangaroo and claimed for it to be a rape. Or take a look at the 1/3 statistic when it comes to being raped. If you're a young teenage girl growing up and you hear you have a 1/3 chance of being raped, which has been disproven (along with rape culture, as stated by the RAINN), you're going to be terrified.

Considering the fact that it's the extremists and radicals that are currently the bone of the movement and are the loudest and most prominent ones running it, I'd say it's not completely wrong to have a bad impression of feminism based on the fact that feminists have lied their way into relevance today. See: the "a woman makes 75 cents for every man's dollar". There's quite a lot. I'd recommend taking a quick google to find such sources. Not to mention, one "true" feminist out there, Christina Hoff Sommers, who very much does advocate for the equality of genders, is an older woman, and genuinely seeks out equality for men and women alike, is labeled as an anti-feminist by the majority of modern feminists due to her holding views that go against modern feminism.

So, to sum it up, the backbone of the modern day feminist movement is one filled with lots of fear-mongering, lies, and pure hatred as well. The people who have the most say and respect in the feminist movement are usually also the ones who are fulfilling and encouraging this fear-mongering, lies, and hatred.

I'm not going to align myself up with a movement that, not only has long since served its purpose in America (and god forbid do other women in other countries need it more than us, but sadly putting on a label that I dislike won't change their situation), but is also run and led by a following of vicious teens and young adults.

/leaves thread forever

Pretty much this

I get attacked by some feminists for not identifying and associating myself with a group that has a bad name and are quite extreme and sexist, and apparently thst means that I don't want equality. Christina Hoff Sommers/The Factual Feminist is the only feminist I completely agree with and she's an example of what feminism should be, yet it's been hijacked by teenagers and people like Anita and 'Big Red'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back